Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deepen moor progress notes
11-11-2007, 08:29 PM,

If I do that, the ground textures of neighbouring cells disappear Sad
01-21-2008, 09:25 PM,

What's the update of this?
01-21-2008, 09:48 PM,

The last post was from when we experienced problems generating the region. For some reason, the CS wasn't detecting landscape slopes which affected the placement of many objects. We aren't sure why - my CS had (and still has) the same problem for all presets. kingevil just got a new computer so hopefully he'll be able to get things underway very soon.
01-22-2008, 01:19 PM,

@kingevil
Please send me the assets for the SilgradShingleOakSu07dead02, it's the third or fourth time I asked this (screenshot).

blue[/HR]

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
The last post was from when we experienced problems generating the region. For some reason, the CS wasn't detecting landscape slopes which affected the placement of many objects. We aren't sure why - my CS had (and still has) the same problem for all presets. kingevil just got a new computer so hopefully he'll be able to get things underway very soon.
FYI.

The assets will conform to slope if you use the following versions (together):

CS.exe 1.0.0.30
Oblivion.exe 0.1.0.228 (1.10.511 and 1.2.0416 don't work).

I atached a screenshot.

For rocks and small plants it's a perfect feature (no floating) for large trees I don't like it much. Normally a tree grows in a vertical direction (not conformed to the slope). I'll discuss this with the Core plus some other remarks concernng the region generation.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-22-2008, 03:42 PM,

EDIT TID: (Discussion not related to Deepen Moor moved here)

I don't have them anymore. For tree texture, I just used a 2X2 100%transperant texture.Can't recreate them either since I don't have the required programs anymore.
01-23-2008, 01:58 PM,

I can reproduce the conform to slope feature on two different computers (XP/Vista).

@blackbird and kingevil
Are you both using the non-patched oblivion.exe?
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-23-2008, 09:14 PM,

I wish I knew that sooner - I would never have suspected the Oblivion version to cause the problem. It explains a lot, and now that I think about it, the time my CS conform to slope stopped working was about when I installed the patch.

I've never been able to rotate trees by hand in the CS. It might be possible to do, but I've never had the need.
01-25-2008, 12:35 AM,

(Discussion not related to Deepen Moor moved here)

kingevil: I've got a new map I want you to use for your claim if you wouldn't mind. It'll fill in a few blank gaps on the landmass. Smile
02-14-2008, 02:42 AM,

kingevil, I received both of your new region samples, and here's what I was thinking.

How would you like it if, instead of possibly having a full underwater area for the preset (as I originally intended for all regions), we just made the water shallow and covered it all with muck sheets? Like in the original TES3 version of the mod? I think it would be less work overall - because you'd have a lot less generated content to go over and optimize - and look a lot better and more unique at the same time.

The only real obstacle I see is raising the land to the desired height. That might not even be necessary if we can use the collision of a large, square static mesh instead. The water should be waist-high. There would still need to be large rock clusters generated here and there in the shallow water because of the amount of undecorated area there would be. Maybe even a few extra islands.

I posted here because I thought it would be interesting to hear other peoples' thoughts on this possibility.
02-14-2008, 04:08 AM,

Would this completely exclude having a couple of deep pool areas that the player could accidentally fall into (due to wrongly assuming its all shallow) and suddenly find themselves in over their head in muddy water? Cool but not essential...