Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Design Thread - Tsaesci Highlands
12-02-2008, 05:43 PM,

That's an interesting concept, Ysne...
We can use that OR the paddies OR the paddies with high grass.
I think this is the best (reminds me of Geology class, lol)

http://www.josopreis.nl/Syrie/natuur/terrassen.jpg
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
12-02-2008, 10:14 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Shiver-Tail
http://www.josopreis.nl/Syrie/natuur/terrassen.jpg
If you can achieve that then I'd probably never leave the island! :bananarock:
12-02-2008, 11:11 PM,

Well, could it be done within the limitations of the CS? I'm afraid I don't know enough to tell you that.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-02-2008, 11:53 PM,

the easiest way would probably be to model out some terrace rocks. theoretically it could be done in the CS, but it would be time consuming.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
12-03-2008, 12:20 AM,

I think the people doing the work should choose which one will work best. I was just throwing out a new idea. I love all the concepts. I have faith that we will get this released.
12-03-2008, 05:49 AM,

THe rice paddies as shiver-tail suggested was similar to my original idea. I'm trying to think of the best way to do these terraces as i apply some new region editting skills i learnt yesterday (turns out my regions need to be redone). The main issue would be creating the right size terrace for the region, especially by the gorge. i think we could do the long grass. Oblivion grass could simply be editted to be longer and then new textures could be applied.

I hope some of you guys are actually taking steps to expand your modding skills. I posted a link here- Heightmap tutorial and other info. that really does have some good tutorials. Including 1 for region editting that i learnt a great deal from.

EDIT: I managed the rice paddy idea quite well. Its a bit tricky since the mountain is quite tall hence each step is also quite tall and not short like rice paddy terraces. I think there will be these really tall rock faces but with Mr siika's rock meshes, it may be camouflagable. (THis pic aint the real thing. Just a test to prove its doable.)

[Image: akavirterrainidea1.jpg]
12-03-2008, 11:30 AM,

Impressive, most impressive

I think i have something that you guys are gonna like...
idk, maybe something like a Tsaesci model... :bananarock:
guess how many polygons it has... i'll tell you: the head has 910,000 polygons :yes:
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
12-03-2008, 11:47 AM,

THAt IS Excellent! but kinda bad at the same time. 910 thousand is just not something we can use... (imagine a war zone!)

Perhaps it's possible to reduce the poly's?
12-03-2008, 11:59 AM,

its good to have a tsaesci model.... when can i start working on thaT landscape
12-03-2008, 12:08 PM,

uh, when you guys come up with a list of models we're going to use for landscaping. Else you'll have to manually place all the rocks and trees and it aint a small island! If you guys feel like it, start some new land textures or rock textures or something. Learn some new skills!