Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Design Thread - Tsaesci Highlands
12-03-2008, 03:38 PM,

The model is still WIP, you can decrease the amount of polygons after you're done... so realx Wink
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
12-03-2008, 05:08 PM,

Oh,the highlands coming along nicely really.
Can't wait to see Tsaesci warriors in the highlands.

Great start guys. Smile
12-04-2008, 12:23 PM,

Okay, i cant do very much with the heightmap with what we have so far. I'm reluctant to landscape the entire place until i have a clue what has to fit on it (i'd rather landscape to fit than model things for a landscape if you get what i mean). THis means models must be started and brainstormed + a good overview plan. Until then, i can only ciontinue brushing upmy techniques.

So designs, anyone. Plans, ideas of the structure or location.
12-04-2008, 12:40 PM,

Can you get me an aerial shot of the area? Something I can use to sketch a map and plan the camps?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-05-2008, 05:12 AM,

Its probably easier to use the akavir esp i uploaded back on the heightmap thread. Then open up the heightmap editor or region editor since in game and in the cs you cant see the entire area all at once. Dont worry about my previous terraces. I can remake them so just set up terraces or watever as you see fit.
12-07-2008, 04:08 AM,

Just messing around with some new skills. Here's the recoloured heightmap (makes things alot easier to plan) and also the gorge ( between the west and east island) with the 'erode' effect - makes slopes more natural. I'm not sure if you guys like the somewhat drastic effect of it so please give your input. i make multiple versions of the heightmap so i can get rid of it, if your guys want and also, the heightmap pic is the one for the current version that i took the erode pic.

[Image: akavirrecolouredhm.jpg]

[Image: akavirerode.jpg]

btw, who knows how to retexture? All i'm asking is for them to try experimenting with making new land textures or rock textures.
12-07-2008, 08:37 AM,

Man, that looks... awsome. It reminds me of what i have planned for the intro movie... (more on that later)
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
12-07-2008, 09:04 AM,

It looks really cool,coming along really nicely!
12-07-2008, 02:33 PM,

Another pic of the h-map version that i'm testing. This is the highlands from the north but with some more drastic erosion details. Some feedback would be good for the final version.

[Image: akavirdrasticerode.jpg]
12-07-2008, 03:07 PM,

I love what I see. Does anyone have the ability to do the retexturing that exile was asking about?