Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialogue. Listen or read?
11-03-2005, 03:27 AM,

Well, for generic npcs we can use the same voices, but for some people in the main quest and certain sidequests we'll defintiely need voice actors. But remember, you can re-use certain phrases that im sure are recorded, and perhaps create something like:

'hey you' + 'would you do something for me'

and other like things by combining certain sounds, which im pretty sure they do with the npcs on the mainland.
11-03-2005, 03:44 AM,

subtle audio editting... that could make a bit of a difference...
11-03-2005, 05:20 AM,

ive got the whole recording thing setup. Im pretty good at imperial and dark elv chit chat so if someone wants to give me a little script i could try it out and see how it comes out.
I can actually do all the voices... just promise not to laugh if they are horrible. Honestly im the worst judge of my own voice. When i record it and play it back it sounds completely different
If im not back in 5 minutes...wait longer
11-03-2005, 06:06 PM,

Dark elf male: "Where did that slave go? He was here not long ago."
Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
11-03-2005, 08:46 PM,

Will voices be aimed to be similiar to the original voices, or completely new ones? Does anyone know anything about sound system in Oblivion?

I will see him disgraced before the Council.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
11-04-2005, 12:04 AM,

"you N'wah!"
"Die fetcher!"
"Filthy Thief!"
"Three Blesseings Sera/Muthsera"
"How do you do serjo?"
Big Grin
11-04-2005, 04:01 AM,

check back tomorow for LOTS more. THe ones i already did needed a volume boost and i found a pimptastic program for it.
Audacity is free and better than most of the pay for ones ive tried demos for
11-04-2005, 04:32 AM,

Nice, it sounded much better than I would have anticipated :goodjob:

I think there's a slight problem with the volume of the clips though. I had to crank my speakers up to max to hear it at normal volume. An easy way to adjust it is if you can find a voice clip from Morrowind and try and tune the volume of your clips to that one. It's a pretty good bet the volume of those will be the same ones used in Oblivion.

- In "slavego", would it be possible for you to sound more confused? Sortof like you lost something and you're not quite sure where it went. The character who says it would be thinking out loud. It's one of the random lines from TES III (for female dark elves I think, but males would work too). Bethesda used it pretty indiscriminately though, whether the character had slaves or not, but I plan to use it more specifically.

- I had some problems understanding what was said in "disgracedc1", whereas "disgracec2" was much clearer. The last word in "disgracec2" came out kindof odd though, I thought.

- Just an idea, but perhaps "diefetcher" could be made to sound more aggressive? I imagine the guy who says it is just about to try and kill someone.

- "thief181" was perfect imho.

- "ten-blessings" was really great, but perhaps you could draw out the word 'sera' a bit and make it sound softer?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
11-04-2005, 04:43 AM,

three blessings... needs to sounds more encouraging and welcoming... its like a kindly greeting...

the "save-go" clip... sounded like a poem, it rhymed(?) and I believe it might sound better to be "where did that slave go? [pause] he was here,[semi-pause] not long ago..."
"where did that slave go?" should sound like a question someone asks themself... like, "hmm, why did I do that?" ...sort of absent mindedly
and "he was here, not long ago..." should kinda be absent-mindedly too.. kinda trailing off...

thats my thoughts... otherwise... AWESOME!!! :goodjob:
11-05-2005, 01:15 AM,

will do!
I did think everything was kinda queit when i played back, ill have to tinker with at. But ill work on the others and update um later