Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diary of Searor Doron [Claimed]
05-11-2007, 11:56 AM,
Diary of Searor Doron [Claimed]
This has been claimed b Bob196045

This is the diary of Searor Doron, Altmer [High Elf] Alchemist, this was originall started by Shadowcore. What you have to do is write a diary of the events within Dumac City as though someone was traveling through it.

Here is what has been doen so far, and a few suggestions for Bob196045.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Diary of Searor Doron, Altmer archeologist

Entry 1
I start this diary to write down my progess in to the Dwemer ruins of
Dumac. Today I and 9 other men have finally found the entrance to Dumac,
We will search the ruins and find everything thats of worth for us and take
it with us!

Entry 2
We are now deep in the ruins, constantly we hear the rumbling of the old machineries.
We also have found some old skeletons of other explorers who died here,
but no real treasure so far, except for an old map pointing out to some room called
the synthesizing room, I wonder whats in their??

Entry 3
We have found the synthesizing room!!!!!! Its full of machineries and other things.
There is one very big machine which needs some codes to be activated,
we will search for them and see if we can activate it.

Entry 4
The machine attacked us!!!!!!!!!!! After we put codes in it, it came alive and attacked us
4 of us were killed, after that Poskor died, who was our most talented warrior, we ran.
Obviously we have put in the wrong codes and now its after us! What must I do??!

Entry 5
The machine is still after us, we can hear its footsteps while we are in
the deep caverns of the ruins. Some of the other explorers are getting insane,
Maskonrir is getting worser and worser. He says that he wants to die!!!!

Entry 6
Maskonrir is dead, he was insane he attacked his healer and wounded him with his sword.
I saw it and drew my sword into his chest while he was begging for his dead.
His healer, Grash-mor-gonak wound is deep and I'm not sure if he will live the day.

Entry 7
Only 3 of us are left, Grash-mor-gonak died of his injury.
And Ismador died while battling a defender of the ruins.
We know that the machine is getting closer, making us even more insane.

Entry 8
I can hear it close by!!!!!!! It is almost here it will kill us but not without a fight!!!
I, Klosnot and Rorkan are getting ready, but insanity sometimes takes over our mind.
I can sometimes hear myself scream for dead and beg for mercy and the same time!!

Entry 9
The fight came quicker as expected, by suprise the machine rushed in and killed Klosnot
with one trust. In some second i was badly wounded and I could hear that Rorkan
had become complety insane!! But i won't...... (the rest of text is covered with
bloodstaines and has become unreadable)

Entry 10
I hastily write this last entry in crouched away of the machine but he is coming!!
If anyone find this dairy please bring to my wife and children on Summerset Isle,
say that Searor loved them and they must never forget the great thing e have done together..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fixing Suggestions - from Bob196045

Your writer Searor Doron is Altmer

Altmer tend to use their Sir name and the ancestiral home as the name they go by, in this case a possibility would be Doron of Sunhold

also the Altmer feel and make a point of letting you know they are better than you, more educated, more sophisticatic, more intellectual

So their writings would most likely display that "snobbish" appearence

Entry 1
I start this diary to write down my progess in to the Dwemer ruins of
Dumac. Today I and 9 other men have finally found the entrance to Dumac, We will search the ruins and find everything thats of worth for us and take
it with us!

Might read:

Entry 1

This diary(journal) is being written to document the study of the Dwemer Ruin known as Dumac. My party consists of 9 other men of various trade. We will study the ruin, document our findings, and recover, for our own purpose, any treasures from within. Today we have finally found the enterence and are about to venture in.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
05-11-2007, 08:30 PM,

Ahh one question, are we having the machine be mobile enough to be able to attack? In some of the lore we were discussing, the machine had to be retrofitted onto a pair of centurion spider legs BY the player himself.

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA

and then nearby a note....

Kagrenac and Dumac have given me permission to use this machine and try to fix it. The Tonal Architects and I have carefully applied longevity spells to this machine, we hope this will keep it together, and by the God's blood it better.I have put many hours into it but it still is quite unwieldy. I leave it for now, for they are calling for militia, there is a war starting, and I am fearful, all the Chimer are united, and Resdayn is falling apart...
If only I had the time to retro-fit a spider centurion to carry the machine, then at least it would be mobile... I have started on the retrofitting in my room but I still need tubing to finish it off and hopefully the suspension will work....

Hardly concrete lore, but i like the sound of it, and i was under the impression that it was agreed that the machine would only be semi-mobile. In that case, i think the diary should just be rewritten, at least partially, fit with the machine's characteristics, and also make the edits bob was talking about
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
05-12-2007, 04:06 AM,

I was going to do this myself, but if someone else wants to do it that ok, I will wait a few days and if no one claims it, give it to me

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-12-2007, 01:02 PM,

If you want to do it, by all means go ahead! I don't think anyone else was going to do it.

What do you think about the question of a moving synth machine though? Cause if you're going off the original diary, i think you may have to rewrite the last 6 entries, just because the synth machine is not so mobile as to eat people in any capacity.

There are many ways to go insane... be creative.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
05-12-2007, 03:57 PM,

:lmao: an eating machine

I like it

I was going to define that "Machine attacked us" part to something a bit more believable

But for sure I will do it them

Edit Note: I would rather not write the book in such a way that their would be possibility of error in comparison to what we actually do inside the city, ie appearance, items etc etc
HOWEVER if its going to be realistic it should include some of these things

THEIRFORE I will need to know if we have decided how we will incorporate the Dwemer tests, not the specifics just a general idea

Smile

Enjoy
Bob

05-14-2007, 08:20 AM,

:goodjob:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
07-16-2007, 07:07 PM,
MAchine idea
Instead of being mobile, maybe the machine could set off poison and electrical traps after you fail the test :eek:... you know what i mean.... maybe have poison clouds shoot from pipes in the ceiling after trying to flee from the test room. Also have some thing that makes people crazy like a drug poison...running out of ideas at the moment

well hope this is useful in anyway
"The statue is inside the marble, I just set it free"
~Michealangelo~
07-16-2007, 08:02 PM,

Speaking of which, has this been done at all? It seems to have been sadly forgotten. I do not really think the synth machine should have any defenses of it's own, since it's really just a half-done prototype, though it would be plausable that it has a small guard of centurions or whatnot.

Prehaps for poison we could utilize some form of inebriation mod, along with a crazy FOV (field of view)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
07-16-2007, 09:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Speaking of which, has this been done at all? It seems to have been sadly forgotten. I do not really think the synth machine should have any defenses of it's own, since it's really just a half-done prototype, though it would be plausable that it has a small guard of centurions or whatnot.

Prehaps for poison we could utilize some form of inebriation mod, along with a crazy FOV (field of view)

are you asking about the book or the machine

I have the book, I am just waiting on the completion of the dwemer tests so that the book provides accurate information

07-17-2007, 03:19 AM,

i was talking about the book, good to see it's mostly done. We'll have to make up the tests then so that it can be completed (and so that the city can be completed)

We have the first test from the mw version right? So that just leaves 3 more tests.... any ideas? truthfully i've been rather busy myself with the MT, but i should have more time to think soon. Please anyone feel free to post something. Insanity's still away, so it's just me, bob, and now dwemerfreak on these boards.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala