Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon Idea
09-05-2006, 07:23 PM,

Arbiter -- go with what you think would fit in Akavir. We have drawn much from oriental/indian influences. But it doesn't have to match.
09-05-2006, 07:26 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
Arbiter -- go with what you think would fit in Akavir. We have drawn much from oriental/indian influences. But it doesn't have to match.

I'll wait what happens in this thread then I'll see what style. Also any Lore tips on this one?
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
09-05-2006, 07:36 PM,

Off hand I can think of two threads from the old forum where you might find something.

http://akavir.17.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=44

http://akavir.17.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=96

Some of the stuff may be repetitious. I'm trying to avoid that as I move stuff over here.

There may also be some stuff in the wiki. But that doesn't seem too easy to search at the moment.
09-05-2006, 09:46 PM,

Wait a minute. There are at least some western dragons right? Because the dragons in cyrodiil are from akavir, and they arn't priental at all.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
09-05-2006, 09:59 PM,

Yeah, as much as i like oriental dragons, i do think that DarkAsmodeous is right about this.
Akavir mod leader.
09-05-2006, 10:02 PM,

Though who's to say the ka'po don't become oriental style ones?
09-05-2006, 10:06 PM,

Yeah, we could make it so....if we want to.

So we could have both if we want to :dance:
Akavir mod leader.
09-05-2006, 10:08 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
Wait a minute. There are at least some western dragons right? Because the dragons in cyrodiil are from akavir, and they arn't priental at all.

They're from Akavir?
Your monkeys dance on the Tower and the stars change and you do not remember.
09-05-2006, 10:50 PM,

Nothign solid yet, still hunting.

By contrast, the Eastern people of Cyrodiil relish in garish costumes, bizarre tapestries, tattoos, brandings, and elaborate ceremony. Closer to the wellspring of civilization, they are more given to philosophy and the evolution of ancient traditions. The Nibenese find the numinous in everything around them, and their different cults are too numerous to mention (the most famous are the Cult of the Ancestor-Moth, the Cult of Heroes, the Cult of Tiber Septim, and the Cult of Emperor Zero). To the Colovians, the ancestor worship and esoteric customs of the East can often be bizarre. Akaviri dragon-motifs are found in all quarters, from the high minaret bridges of the Imperial City to the paper hako skiffs that villagers use to wing their dead down the rivers. Thousands of workers ply the rice fields after the floodings, or clear the foliage of the surrounding jungle in the alternate seasons. Above them are the merchant-nobility, the temple priests and cult leaders, and the age-old aristocracy of the battlemages. The Emperor watches over them all from the towers of the Imperial City, as dragons circle overhead

The Red Dragons that have come to represent the Empire and the Imperial City were originally Akaviri war mounts. Akaviri surnames are rare and prized possessions among the Cyrodilic citizenry of today, and there are trace facial features of the Akaviri in many distinguished Cyrodilic families. Some colonies of "true Akaviri" still exist in both the Empire and its border regions, but they are named so only for their practices and customs than for the purity of their blood.
09-06-2006, 12:00 AM,

I just assumed that most actual dragons that serve the empire were Tamrielic, and that the red dragon represented the Empire because, let's face it... they're whores for Akavir. They like them better.
Your monkeys dance on the Tower and the stars change and you do not remember.