Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon Idea
09-06-2006, 12:13 AM,

Watch your language Hraf. You are on the edge here on this forum.
09-06-2006, 12:14 AM,

If akavir has special language rules, you need to post them. He is well within silgrad rules, so long as it is not consistant or systemized, silgrad is not going to censor your every word. Here, its akavir's call.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
09-06-2006, 12:17 AM,

Assume I'm the grandmotherly type who expects polite treatment of others. And do not use language that a grandmother would object to.l
Then you should be fine.
09-06-2006, 12:19 AM,

Ok then, is that the official stance of Akavir? If so make a sticky topic here about it. Lock it so no one argues, and try not to be too hard because, let's face it, not everybody reads the rules. This does not mean do not enforce it, it just means be understanding.

I do not mean this as an order of course, just how I think oyu should handle it.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
09-06-2006, 09:22 AM,

I humbly concur with DarkAsmodeous that it would be a good idea to note any and all specific rules you want to apply to your forum boards here. It's quite handy to have them because after that you can use the "ignorance of the law is no excuse" principle; i.e. assume that they know the rules, and if they don't, they should have.

It's technically possible to shut off a forum account from accessing particular boards. It hasn't happened yet, and I hope it never comes to that, but if a leader of an affiliated mod asks me to shut of someone's access to their own boards I'll do it in a heartbeat.

Getting back on topic I don't think animating Oblivion creatures will ever take off before that functionality is built into a 3D Studio Max Nif exporter. There's plenty of people who know how to rig and animate creatures but who naturally are reluctant to learn a staggering amount about NifSkope and/or the nif format itself just to get it to work. I'm sure it's possible to do it in theory but the amount of people who could pull it off now is vastly inferior to the number of people who could pull it off after such an exporter is created (or released by the company, knock on wood). On the other hand, modelling un-animated models like houses, plants, rocks, tilesets etc is not only possible, but possible without much of any skill needed beyond modelling in general and possible to export flawlessly. Perhaps it would be wise to concentrate on that kind of models and postpone creature plans until modellers aren't as challenged by exporter limitations?

At least that's always been my personal viewpoint; I just haven't given creatures a second thought in the 1? years I've been preworking simply because I felt there was no point until it was practically possible to pull off. I sure as heck wasn't going to learn and experiment before the game was released when nothing was known about how Oblivion handled animation. On the other hand the models I did create turned out to work without a hitch, which was a great relief. Saved me at least half a year's worth of work, and left me with a smug grin when thinking about all the naysayers who said there was no point in preworking and favored doing jack instead.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-06-2006, 03:51 PM,

Yeah, we got our "simple" rules posted Wink

And about banning people and stuff like that, well...i hope it will never come to that.
Besides, if people really mess up but later say that they are sorry, i'm the "forgive and forget" kind of person.
So i don't expect any problems Smile

And about the creatures animation, yeah i agree with you Razorwing.
I prefer to wait for an animated dragon model to be released by Denethor.

At our old website, the admins did not want to start work on a lot of things like dungeons, i just told people to start on some things so we could have a head start for when the landscape was finished.
Our old admins are the sort of people who favored doing jack, as a result i had to keep the mod going.
It's all work work work for me Wink it's a good thing that i have motivated team members, they are hard to come by (thanks guys! :goodjob: )
Akavir mod leader.
09-06-2006, 04:15 PM,

So, I'll wait with that sketch until it's all set up. Big Grin

And Kodama: you need an Avatar. :yes:
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
09-06-2006, 04:32 PM,

Yeah ok Arbiter, and i will get an avatar, gotta get a cool one Wink
Akavir mod leader.
09-06-2006, 07:55 PM,
Dragon
I have an Asian style dragon! I bought a Poser model dragon a couple years ago to see how to set up the bones and I made all new meshes.
It looks like the original but I made the meshes completely myself so it's okay to use isn't it? (I have no idea on legalities about these things)

Anyway, it's pretty high poly, but I think I can optimize it if you think we can use it.

Ohh! I think I might have a second one too. This one is completely original. I'll take a look when I get home.
09-06-2006, 08:12 PM,

Cool, i would like to see them Big Grin
Akavir mod leader.