Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunmer banner textures
02-07-2009, 12:32 PM,

Do you feel up to doing another texture job, n00biepl0x? Smile

The shop signs are rather important, as well as the Redoran banner. The latter is seen everywhere around Soluthis and without a new texture I'll have to use a general leather texture instead before we can release our mod, and that would look kinda bad I think.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-01-2009, 12:35 PM,

Sorry, I haven't been around too much lately. Yes I'd like to do another texture.. Could you send me or give me a link to the source files (or a description)?

And was the wood ok? (here's a working link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=faa22...f6e8ebb871 )
[Image: 2copy.jpg]
"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"
03-02-2009, 12:11 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Do you feel up to doing another texture job, n00biepl0x? Smile

The shop signs are rather important, as well as the Redoran banner. The latter is seen everywhere around Soluthis and without a new texture I'll have to use a general leather texture instead before we can release our mod, and that would look kinda bad I think.

Quote:Originally posted by n00biepl0x
Sorry, I haven't been around too much lately. Yes I'd like to do another texture.. Could you send me or give me a link to the source files (or a description)?

And was the wood ok?

Sure thing. I've uploaded the original banners to rapidshare, and attached a composite image for quick reference. A few banners were created earlier and I didn't include those in the reference material.

I thought your wood texture looked intrinsically very nice, but at the same time it looked too refined and polished - too modern, essentially - to fit in a medieval setting. Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
03-15-2009, 07:46 PM,

The rapidshare link isn't working right now, because they are having problems. I'll start on it as soon as I can, which might not be for another week, but I'll try to do it asap. Okay, thank you for your patience :goodjob:
03-17-2009, 09:38 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by n00biepl0x
The rapidshare link isn't working right now, because they are having problems. I'll start on it as soon as I can, which might not be for another week, but I'll try to do it asap. Okay, thank you for your patience :goodjob:

It's working again now. Thankyou so much for considering the job, and I look forward to hearing more from you on the subject Smile
Angel mired in filth
03-20-2009, 05:32 PM,
New banners
Here is the welcome banner. It looks a lot different from the old one, but if you lay them on top of each other, they're almost the same!

Here are the links:
http://rapidshare.com/files/211515604/0Welcome.zip.html
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=faa22...f6e8ebb871

EDIT:
Here is the danger banner.
Here are the links:
http://rapidshare.com/files/211522780/0Danger.zip.html
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=faa22...f6e8ebb871
03-22-2009, 02:07 PM,

I'd appreciate a reply and feedback by the way..
03-22-2009, 04:25 PM,

They are perfect n00biepl0x,but i think,you already know that.

`Senten
03-22-2009, 06:14 PM,

Yes I hoped so Big Grin
03-24-2009, 03:41 AM,

I like the artistry of your textures, n00biepl0x Smile

Here is some feedback from me.

Textures have to have a width and height that is a power of 2, i.e. 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 and so on. 384 and 768 aren't power-of-2 because they're not in the series of numbers one gets by multiplying 2 with itself. But they are divisible by large factors that are power of 2 - or in other words, it's easy to resize them to 256x512 and thus get them to work in Oblivion.

They need transparancy in the alpha channel though, otherwise they won't look very good. I could make the transparancy myself, it's rather easy when it boils down to it, but the end result would look its best if the color texture was modified to work with the transparancy - to reinforce the impression that the cloth ends where the transparancy begins.

Also, would it be possible for me to get a copy of just the leather background from one of your textures? Thanks in advance.
Angel mired in filth