Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunmer banner textures
04-11-2009, 02:01 PM,

Here's the base background texture, for the normal map. I'm starting on the rest of the stuff right now.

EDIT1:
I edited the warning and welcome sign to what was required and requested. The clothing banner is also finished now, but i'll upload 'em all at once when I'm done.

EDIT2:
Tavern banner done. 4 out of 8 are done now Big Grin

EDIT3:
Alchemy done. 5/8
The "blue" line in one of the banners was a little too emphasized, I corrected that.

EDIT4:
Temple1 done. 6/8

EDIT5:
Temple3 done. 7/8

EDIT6:
All are done now. The redoran banner is a lot different from the original, but I hope that's okay.
[Image: 2copy.jpg]
"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"
04-13-2009, 04:40 PM,

Okay, here are the download links for the .dds files:

http://rapidshare.com/files/220881529/Ne..._.zip.html
(alternative)
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6285c...f6e8ebb871

These are only the .dds files. The .psd files are coming up.
Preview the banners in the last post on page 4.

EDIT:
The psd-s are 12 MB compressed. Decide for yourself if you want to download them anyway.
Link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/220883164/Ne..._.zip.html
04-14-2009, 03:47 PM,

Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy in real life during the whole week leading up to and including the easter weekend. Everything has settled down now and I look forward to getting back to modding Smile

I think you did a top-notch job on them :goodjob:

I'll try them out as soon as I get the chance. I agree your Redoran banner looks different than the original, though the difference seem to only be on the midsection of the beetle graphic. I don't think it's a problem since the rest of your graphics is so true to form.

I appreciated that you sent them in psd format too, because I was going to ask you for a copy of the Redoran graphic which I could use to make a quest icon, but since I had the psd files I was able to just copy the layer from your banner =)

Thankyou so much for making them!

black[/hr]
For reference, if it's ever needed in the future, this list shows the old texture filenames to the left and the new to the right.
Code:
BannerDunmerShopAlchemy01    BannerDunmer_a
BannerDunmerShopClothing01    BannerDunmer_c
BannerDunmerDanger01        BannerDunmer_d
BannerDunmerTemple01        BannerDunmer_e
BannerDunmerTemple03        BannerDunmer_f
BannerRedoranSmall01        BannerDunmer_r
BannerDunmerShopTavern01    BannerDunmer_t
BannerDunmerWelcome01        BannerDunmer_w
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-15-2009, 06:38 PM,

You're welcome Big Grin

The Redoran banner was partly copied from one of the early posts in the "open jobs" thread. I hope that's okay, since it was from a Silgrad modder anyway. I didn't ask for permission though..

Ah well, I hope it's okay if the graphic was blurred though.. It was actually needed for the effect. I don't have an "unblurred" version, but I think you can just use the sharpen filter, or the resize did the job.

The borders were an experiment in the .dds files, so please tell me asap when you try them, if they look okay. Everyone of them has a unique border made with the lasso tool Smile, and then I use the "torn edges" filter, which blur at the same time (maybe a bit too much, I don't know ?()

Well, I glad you're happy with them Big Grin
04-16-2009, 07:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by n00biepl0x
You're welcome Big Grin

The Redoran banner was partly copied from one of the early posts in the "open jobs" thread. I hope that's okay, since it was from a Silgrad modder anyway. I didn't ask for permission though..

Ah well, I hope it's okay if the graphic was blurred though.. It was actually needed for the effect. I don't have an "unblurred" version, but I think you can just use the sharpen filter, or the resize did the job.

The borders were an experiment in the .dds files, so please tell me asap when you try them, if they look okay. Everyone of them has a unique border made with the lasso tool Smile, and then I use the "torn edges" filter, which blur at the same time (maybe a bit too much, I don't know ?()

Well, I glad you're happy with them Big Grin

Yes it was both a good idea and perfectly okay to resue part of an earlier work. I playtested them earlier today, and they look and work perfectly (including the transparancy) Smile I attached a screenshot.

It's quite alright that the Redoran symbol is blurred, that just means it'll blend better with the background of the icon(s) I hope to make.

Thankyou again for your work on the banners, I really think it kicks up the overall visual impression of our mod a notch :goodjob:
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-18-2009, 07:58 AM,

Yes they look fine. And you're welcome, it was my pleasure.