Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwemer Centurion Companion Development/Discussion
01-07-2009, 01:13 PM,

If you use my centurion (I'd be happy of course) you won't have any problems talking to it. My centurion is actually an NPC.
01-07-2009, 01:17 PM,

Very cool! Did you use an NPC skeleton or gin up your own? My impression from hearing about our own Lich NPC was that adapting a creature skeleton to that of an NPC is a giant pain in the @$$. Smile
01-07-2009, 01:44 PM,

I had to use the NPC skeleton since no other skeleton had the right "shape"... looking back I'm glad I did use it, as it allows the player to interact with the creature directly (which was exactly what I needed for my Skyship mod)
01-07-2009, 03:36 PM,

Thats great Mr_Siika, I will check with Razorwing to see if ST is using it, if so it will save me a load of hassle trying to script away around our problem.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
01-07-2009, 04:27 PM,

Thanks Mr. Siika

Its exactly what we need here as well
Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
01-07-2009, 06:47 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Very cool! Did you use an NPC skeleton or gin up your own? My impression from hearing about our own Lich NPC was that adapting a creature skeleton to that of an NPC is a giant pain in the @$$. Smile
That's correct - using a new skeleton breaks all of the Idle Animations, so one either has to set them all up again by hand, or not bother with any.
01-31-2009, 02:58 PM,

I only really read the first post, so forgive me if this has already been brought up, but how will the companion deal with the player attacking it, either on accident or intentional (lord knows). The thing is, since the companion is scripted to adjusts it's factions to that of the player, wouldn't attacking it get the PC expelled from all their factions?
01-31-2009, 06:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Pious1
I only really read the first post, so forgive me if this has already been brought up, but how will the companion deal with the player attacking it, either on accident or intentional (lord knows). The thing is, since the companion is scripted to adjusts it's factions to that of the player, wouldn't attacking it get the PC expelled from all their factions?

No problem, most technacalities are kept to myself since the team would just get confused.

The companion will be scripted so that if the player hits it it will not attack back, that way if its and accident or on purpose the companion will not engage in a fight with the player. Becuase of this the player will not loose their connections with the guilds.

The reason why the companion "joins" the factions when the player does is simply to stop it from fighting and spoiling things for the player, thought you might want to know this tidbit Tongue
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]