Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwemer Progress Thread (2)
06-09-2007, 12:40 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Gilboron
So, how long will this probably take? Can I use the tileset in my mods? Because I want to Smile . I tried to make one myself, but the textures got totally screwed up and it didn't fix itself... (AKA I didn't find out hiow to fix it)

What did you have in mind?
06-10-2007, 07:33 PM,

Because I not entirely understand your question, I will answer all of the possible ones: Did you mean...

...how long do you think it's gonna take?

The dwemer tileset here: I dunno. Christmas?
My mod: I dunno. Christmas?

...what kind of tileset where you making?

I was applying Dwemer textures from a replacer mod for Morrowind to Ayleid meshes. It looked quite nice in NifSkope, but it didn't have normal maps, so it didn't react to light.

...what kind of dungeon/mod?

Well, a dungeon-mod! It's for Bronzebone's Dungeons Part II: The Sapphire Necronomicon, where you have to enter a Dwemer Ruin in the Sea of Ghosts to find a book in the great Dwemer Libraries.

By the way, I have exams too, and we've just had elections so, busybusybusy...
06-11-2007, 11:10 AM,

Me thinks you should let him TID. Make sure its just a one shot deal though. No more people get it Smile
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
06-11-2007, 02:52 PM,
Bronzebone's Dungeons
Well, I guess to get the tileset, maybe a more detailed overview so TID knows what he's contributing to:

SPOILER WARNING: The following text might contain spoilers. This makes the article more aerodynamic, and thus more maneuverable at high speeds. Take caution and carry a first-aid kit at all times.

No, I'm not kidding. If you don't want spoilers, either:
1) Scroll back up.
2) Scroll down so fast you can't read 'em.

THE SPOILERS:

[TITLE]Introduction[/TITLE]
[1ST]B[/1ST]ronzebone's Dungeons, massive labyrinths designed and built by the daM hciL, Agnar Bronzebone, are also an ambitious project by Bronzebone MODs. It is split up in three parts, each housing one or two of the dungeons.
[TITLE]Part I: The Imperial Legion[/TITLE]
[1ST]T[/1ST]his first part, as the title suggests, allows you to join the Imperial Legion: it also features two dungeons, well, one dungeon and two half dungeons actually... But it doesn't matter! It includes Old Watchtower Cave, a part of Fort Aetherius and a part of Loria. In this part, you help the Imperial Legion cleanse the Chorrol Caverns of evil Necromancers. At the end, you'll become an Imperial Legion Officer, one of the four ranks we have (the third, to be exact). Oh, yes, and if you want the Imperial Legion as a serious guild instead of an appendix, wait until they finish The Imperial Legion (it's another mod).
[TITLE]Part II: The Sapphire Necronomicon[/TITLE]
[1ST]I[/1ST]n the second part, miners will open a passage that leads further into Loria. You'll find lots of treasures and undead, and you'll be dwelling in dungeon crawling for about one in-game week. It features over five expansive cells: that's a bit more tha your average ruin, isn't it? At the end you'll discover a sapphire, that will be stolen from you in the Imperial City as you go to report things to the captain. The lunatic thief is arrested, and by interrogating him, they find out the gem is needed for an amulet, called Meridiabane or Necronomicon. Research in the AU says that the only tome remaining describing the Amulet's powers, is located in a Dwemer Ruin in the Sea of Ghosts (Hmm, I wonder where I'll use the tileset...) .
[TITLE]Part III: Risen from the Ashes[/TITLE]
[1ST]A[/1ST]s you return with the ship, undead pirates steal both the tome and the sapphire. When you return, you hear that the lunatic escaped. Coincidence? After a strange vision, you find out that the lunatic was Agnar Bronzebone, an ancient ally of Sheogorath, and you travel to the Sheogorath Shrine (or alternatively, to New Sheoth if you have SI, and if you have completed SI, you'll imediately know it). He tells you that, in similarity with Umaril, he is immortal: if his physical form is killed, his spirit reincarnates in Oblivion. But! There is hope: you journey deep into Fort Aetherius, a ruin from which is said it houses a portal to the Heaven of Heavens, and there, you receive a special spell: Blessing of Arkay. After you venture, with a full legion and the captain, into Altadoon, a hard time awaits you: it is a large dungeon, and in the end, only you and the captain survive as you enter Bronzebone's throne room. The captain storms at Bronzebone, but is slain. Then you defeat Bronzebone's physical form, cast the spell, and defeat his spirit.
[TITLE]Epilogue[/TITLE]
[1ST]N[/1ST]ow you are the captain, because the officer is dead, and you'll need to select a new officer: you must question all soldiers that are not currently under the command of an officer or captain about their experience and abilities, and select a new one. The offices will supply you with legionnaires, which can be used as companions, but you can also ask them to go and clean out a dungeon of your choice.
06-25-2007, 09:50 AM,

Hi there! Work on collision has begun and... IT WORKS! It's slightly harder than what the tutorial says but it's still doable (2 hours for one tower, but it will be faster when I get used to the procedure).
06-25-2007, 01:19 PM,

Excellent. Collision is often quite annoying, especially from blender (or max 9). Good to see you back, i hope the others don't take that long to put collision on, but you'll get the hang of it as you said.

And then we can start doing landscape work!
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
06-25-2007, 02:06 PM,

Well done! :goodjob: Good luck with the rest of them.
06-25-2007, 05:22 PM,

Killamike718, do you still have the misc Dwemer items from the other thread?

EDIT: Just so it's clear, I'm still working on the tileset, I'm doing some misc odds and ends for the architecture, but what is the progress on your misc models?
06-26-2007, 06:54 PM,

Yeah I just came on this site and found this thread, its great to see the Dwemer project is still going on, as for the stuff, I still have them and plan on finishing them, since its the summer and have more free time then usual.
Semper Fidelis..... - Always Faithful (Marine Corp Motto)
06-26-2007, 08:28 PM,

I don't suppose you'd be willing to make a list of what you have and what still needs doing? The architecture tileset is pretty much done - save better UV mapping. I made a very modular version of the Dwemer tileset, I still need to do collision though, then upload it, and possibly look into optimizing some of the textures.