Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebb11 - Relneth's Repairs (Claimed, Finished)
10-28-2007, 06:22 AM,

So, while working on Okan-Shei's apparatus quest, I've come to an awkward stumbling block.

When the player turns in an apparatus, I have in the result script the following:

Set STIJEbb11OkanQuest02.AlemQ To 1

That should, as far as I can tell, set my quality tracking variable to 1. For some reason, it won't compile, telling me the variable doesn't exist. It does, though, I assure you. Any idea what's up, anyone? Any other info I could give to help in your assessment?

After fighting with it for the past little bit, I'm going to take a break... So... Let me know what you think! =D
10-28-2007, 07:27 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by ImaJunryou
So, while working on Okan-Shei's apparatus quest, I've come to an awkward stumbling block.

When the player turns in an apparatus, I have in the result script the following:

Set STIJEbb11OkanQuest02.AlemQ To 1

That should, as far as I can tell, set my quality tracking variable to 1. For some reason, it won't compile, telling me the variable doesn't exist. It does, though, I assure you. Any idea what's up, anyone? Any other info I could give to help in your assessment?

After fighting with it for the past little bit, I'm going to take a break... So... Let me know what you think! =D
If you want me to, I could check it.
Please attach the esp.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-28-2007, 07:25 PM,

Heh, thanks Smile Actually, though, the problem seems to have resolved itself o_O

Turned on the construction set this morning, and added the line, and everything compiled just fine. So, yeah. That's what I get for modding so late, I suppose :yes:

Anyway, I'm almost done with Okan-Shei's apparatus quest, and I think I'm kinda close to a finish line with Relneth's. So, yeah. Hurray!

edit:

So, I'm running checks for whether or not the player has a particular apparatus on their person, so they can give it to Okan-Shei... Should I be running that check from Novice->Master, under the assumption that the player will want to keep the better stuff, or run in the other way under the assumption that the player will want to get the best reward? Right now, I'm leaning towards the first one, but I'd be happy for some input ^_^
10-29-2007, 06:51 AM,

I think I'm almost done! Yay! I'm adding in dialog for the Big Rewards right now. Those rewards, for the curious are:

Reward 1 - A new sword and axe. They're a slight bit lighter, a slight bit more damaging, a slight bit more durable. Relneth's Blade and Relneth's Edge. Took him almost a month's worth of overtime to make. Both weapons are based on the Fine Steel variants.

Reward 2 - new pair of silver daggers. He's never worked with silver before, so I don't know if these will fall in line with that alright or not... He got the silver with the extra money brought in by the player's hard work. One dagger is very slightly faster at swinging, and less durable, while the other is slightly more damaging.

Reward 3 - 1500 gold, and (quest stage permitting) random potions from Okan-Shei. The gold is in lieu of some armor that Relneth's been meaning to make, but hasn't been able to due to a hard influx of work (which he's overjoyed about).

Reward 4 - 3000 gold, and the name of an enchanter who'll have a disposition boost. The gold is for the same reason as Reward 3, an abnormal boost to business. I figure it would be alright to give the player 3 thousand gold by this point, as that's four months of dedicated work (if not more) hauling scrap around. As far as the enchanter goes, I was hoping to give the name of one in Steadhelm, as it looks to be the closest city/town to Ebbedin. I'm about to hop in-game and nose around the place, looking for one. Any suggestions? Basically, there's just going to be a line in the reward result script ModDisposition Enchanter +50. I was also considering adding a one-time line in said NPC's greetings acknowledging Relneth.

Reward 5 - a new shield and (quest stage permitting) random potions. Haven't made the shield yet, still working on finding an enchanter. It will offer added defense, in exchange for some added weight. Might be more durable too. Made of steel.

Reward 6 - A simple note to the enchanter. Relneth will have sent off some armor to said enchanter, and the note is the player's ticket to pick it up. There will be a light and a heavy variant of just the cuirass. Also, a middle class shirt (the best Relneth's got!). The player can pick one of them, the other two are the enchanter's 'payment'. They'll be sold and the profit is all for the enchanter, Relneth doesn't get anything for supplying the armor/shirt. As for their enchantments, the shirt will boost speed and luck +5pts. The light cuirass will boost light armor and agility +5pts. The heavy cuirass will boost heavy armor and strength +5pts.

Reward 7 - Depending on what the player chose for 6, Relneth will have the rest of the armor complete. Not enchanted, mind you, but it will have slightly increased defense and durability. For the shirt option, it will be 2500 gold instead of armor.

Reward 8 - A new bow, some custom arrows, and (quest stage permitting) some poisons and potions to be used with them. The bow will have slightly faster fire rate, but some lowered durability. The arrows will have increased damage in exchange for some added weight. All steel.

Reward 9 - a bundle of repair hammers, a personal repair lesson from Relneth and (quest stage permitting) an alchemy skill book from Okan-Shei

Reward 10 - 1000 gold, 8 repair hammers, and (quest stage permitting) some potions and poisons from Okan-Shei

10 is repeatable after that.

So, any recommendations for the enchanter? Any thoughts on the rewards? If I can get the enchanter worked out, I should have this ready for review very very soon!

Also, if the enchanter idea isn't any good, due to having to change and add stuff to an NPC outside of my claim, let me know. It would be easy (easier, even) to simply have the player get the items from Relneth. Just less interesting Big Grin I would have to come up with something else for the disposition reward though... Thoughts?

edit:

After wandering all around Steadhelm (and following the road north, hoping to find Ebbedin Big Grin), I've come to the conclusion that there's no enchanters in town... Is anyone in the Guild of Mages going to handle that in the future? Should I be aiming for a different town/city? Would it be more convenient for everyone if I just cut out that chunk of my reward setup? Inquiring minds must know!

I'll likely not have a chance to work on this for a day or two, and only sparsely then. Come the weekend I won't be in town either. So, despite the relative little amount I have left to do, I don't think Ebbedin11 will be up for review until at least the next week comes by. Sad
10-29-2007, 05:14 PM,

edit:
Is anyone in the Guild of Mages going to handle that in the future?
Not yet.
You could add a NPC who lives in the Steadhelm Mages Guild.
Change the AI, Dials, Skills etc. to your liking.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-29-2007, 07:44 PM,

Great, thanks Sandor. Will do. One thing that I'm still not clear on, though... How do you get to/from Ebbedin? o.O To date, I've only managed the trip via coc in the console. Following the road north of Steadhelm took me to a coastline, but no Ebbedin to be seen. Are they in different exteriors? Any of those nifty portals anywhere? Or is coc the only way to get there for now?

It isn't a big deal, not yet, at least. If/when I set up that whole supply-chain deal in a future claim, I was hoping to have Relneth close shop for a few days out of the month and make a trip to said supplier, unless the player helps out and does so instead. That's all off in the future, though. I'm just curious on how Ebbedin connects to everything else =)
10-29-2007, 07:58 PM,

One thing that I'm still not clear on, though... How do you get to/from Ebbedin?
There are no portals and Ebbedin is in the same worldspace.
Current status: You have to walk and swim.
Walk to the North until you reach the coordinate "64,57" and swim to the West until you'll see Ebbedin (52,57).

Related discussion.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-01-2007, 06:39 AM,

I ran into some free time this evening (yay!), and have gotten most everything done. I'm in the middle of making the 6th Big Reward at the moment, and everything's downhill from there. So! Some small updates:

There's an enchanter in the Steadhelm Mages Guild named Culumaira, a female Altmer. She's... Snooty ^_^ Stand-offish, and outright rude, really. She responds well to talk of Relneth, though, and after the fourth Big Reward, her attitude changes dramatically. She offers recharging services, and also sells Magic Items, though I'm not sure what those are... Enchanted scrolls, I imagine. I still need to add some of those to her inventory... If that's not what Magic Items refers to, then I'll need to change that Smile

Anyhow, I've also changed the enchantment values on Big Reward 6. It is 15 points of Agility/Speed/Endurance and 10 points of Luck/Light Armor/Heavy Armor, for the shirt/light armor/heavy armor choices, respectively. I thought 5 points for those was a bit low, and thought 15 points of strength was a bit much when compared to the agility and speed bonuses (hence changing them to Endurance instead). Does that fit in line with things balance-wise? I'm used to playing with Oscuro's and that's distorted my view on things like enchantment values...

I also took the time to make the walk from Ebbedin to Steadhelm. I am amazed at the size of things! I didn't realize just how much larger Silgrad Tower is now, compared to Morrowind's version. It is great! And daunting... But very much great!

edit:

In regards to the Steadhelm Mage's guild, do they specialize in anything? Any particular school of magic they lean towards? I ask so I know what sort of scrolls to limit Culumaira to, if any.
11-01-2007, 02:59 PM,

Anyhow, I've also changed the enchantment values on Big Reward 6. It is 15 points of Agility/Speed/Endurance and 10 points of Luck/Light Armor/Heavy Armor, for the shirt/light armor/heavy armor choices, respectively. I thought 5 points for those was a bit low, and thought 15 points of strength was a bit much when compared to the agility and speed bonuses (hence changing them to Endurance instead). Does that fit in line with things balance-wise? enchantment values...
I would lower the values perhaps 10 and 5.

edit:

In regards to the Steadhelm Mage's guild, do they specialize in anything? Any particular school of magic they lean towards? I ask so I know what sort of scrolls to limit Culumaira to, if any.
Not yet, pick a school and that will be their specialization.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-03-2007, 04:36 AM,

I'm sorry about the delay in replying. RL has not been working in my favour recently. Sad

Thank you both sandor and SACarrow for answering questions. Smile

So! To respond to your response, and add some more stuff...

Meeting the supplier: Hmm... I haven't actually given much thought as to the supplier as a person... So far they're a faceless 'Them' to be complained about. Before I try and fit them into the picture, I'm going to need to tour around the landscape a bit more. Despite working on this mod daily for a month or so now, and being a shadowy fan of Silgrad Tower since Morrowind, I've yet to actually take a look around in game :O

My idea behind this supplier was something sorta shady. Not illegal perse, but the supplier supplied Ebbedin with leftovers from his other deals. Ebbedin's just a way to unload his excess that's not selling at all in their own 'regular' business. As such, I picture a pawn broker with an actual store front, or a successful wandering merchant who's last stop is Ebbedin. I'll ponder this some more, but it might be something to expand into another claim later (after a mold cave or two, as I'm really itching to try my hand there...). Smile

Cool. I’d like to hear the rest of your ideas when you’re ready. :yes:

As far as Okan-Shei's backstory, and adding it to other Ebbedin residents... I've not tried my hand at general dialogue editing before ._. All dialogue I've done has been added in the Topic tab of the Quest window/section/editor portion thingy. Are there any particular quests I'd add such backstory to, or should I try and fiddle with the Dialogue window/section/editor portion thingy? Maybe just keep it in Okan-Shei's dialogue quest and set the condition to being in Ebbedin and not being Okan-shei, for example?

I haven’t thought too much about how general Ebbedin dialogue is going to be handled. Right now, I think we’re still working out the technical details. What I would suggest (for now) is making a topic with the title “Okan-Shei” and making an entry so that each Ebbedin character is able to talk about it (should be achievable using GetInCellParam). Do you have any particular text in mind?

Hmm... I hadn't considered the difficulty of aquiring alchemical apparatuses, now that you mention the payoff for Okan-Shei's reward... I always ended up making use of Frostcrag... Your method of how to calculate out the reward based on the type of aparatus is exactly what I had in mind to do (and is the same method I use for the scrap metal quest). There is a reward for giving Okan-Shei apparatuses, beyond him offering the potions, for sure. He'll give a small portion of gold (very small, he is trying to save, after all), and some potions left over from his ingredient quest (a prerequisite for the apparatus quest).

As far as enchanted stuff goes, I dunno... Okan-Shei was broke well before he got stuck in Ebbedin... You'd think he'd have sold off any such thing well before ending up in his current state, and anything he kept would be important enough that he'd not give them up. Maybe he could tell the player of an enchanter somewhere else in the land, and upon the player mentioning Okan's name, have a disposition boost/small prize (I'm very much referring to Fargoth there ^_^)?

I suppose that’s true, so… Your idea would totally work! :goodjob: You would have to mod the enchanter in yourself, but other than that, go for it.

As to the exact nature of the reward for the apparatuses, and what he'll offer, I'll burn that bridge when I get to it. He'll not offer anything that can't be found and made by the player from things in Ebbedin (for now, until a future Supply Line quest/claim thing is done as mentioned earlier in the thread). Anyway, your method of showing the reward and all that is fantastic, and I understand just what you mean. As far as Relneth handling his reward, and Okan handling his own reward, separately, that is the case. The 'Big Reward' is on top of these individual reward, and is more of a thank-you for the player helping both of them through some issues. Okan won't contribute to the Big Reward unless he's got the tools to do so, through completion of the apparatus quest. The scrap quest will have its own separate monetary compensation, and the apparatus quest will have its own compensation too. The Big Reward is icing on the cake to keep the player coming back to Ebbedin.

Let me know if I've clarified that point well enough. 4 quests, 4 separate rewards, and a fifth extra reward on top of that to compensate for the 'smallness' of the other 4.[ /quote]

I’m still a little confused about how Okan-Shei contributes to the big reward, but I’ll trust your judgement.

Let me just make sure I understand about the quests, just in case I got a little confused somewhere along the way Big Grin (and each of these has its own reward):

- Repair Hammer Quest
- First Scrap Metal Quest
- Repeatable Scrap Metal Quest
- Alchemy Quest

The “fifth reward” is just an addition to the big reward for the repeatable scrap metal quest if Okan-Shei has a full set of alchemy equipment.

[quote]Originally posted by ImaJunryou
In regards to using two variables, yes, I am. I've got it mostly set up too. The hard part is telling the player how much they've got left. with 6 brackets of possibilities, for each, its thirty-six different lines of dialogue for that part of the quest. I've got it covered though, so don't worry about the complication. Its actually really straight-forward. It just... looks scary. But its not! Works great (famous last words? ._.).

I’ll cross my fingers for you. Wink

(just for clarification though, if there are only six possible brackets, how do you end up with 36 dialogue possibilities? I’m sorry if the answer is somewhere above, in which case I probably just missed it Confusedhrug: )

As far as the journal entries go... That's probably going to be the very last thing I do. I'll add a single entry with a phrase "This is Stage X" into each stage, and see how things react. I'm not sure what to expect, but until I get to that point I'm not going to really worry about it. There's a few points that don't repeat that I can surely squeeze in any important information, and anything else can be handled by the scrap book and Relneth's dialogue.

Quest stages can update the player’s journal so the player knows what he/she needs to do next. Like I said above, I think the first run-through should use proper journal entries, then the repeatable quest can use variables or repeatable stages (I also said I’m not too familiar with repeatable quest stages or how they work Big Grin).

As far as dropping and keeping various armor types, and how that's all getting sorted out, I've finalised what I'm doing with it. This will also answer your question about why I wanted/needed to pair armors up. There's 5 armors that Relneth will ask for: Iron, Steel, Chainmail, Leather, and Fur. 1 out of 3 times, when he gives you the quest, he'll ask you for two of those five armors, instead of just one of them (Those matchups being Iron/Steel Steel/Chain, and Leather/Chain). If in the future other armors become available (chitin, and netch in particular), they should be simple enough to add in. It would require a slight tweak of a single variable in my script, a line of If N is X, SetStage to Y, and related dialog. I don't know about Bonemold, though. What is it? Is whatever material it is made of used anywhere else? Is it the same stuff as Relneth's shop, for example? The scrap Relneth gets is used mostly for odds and ends around the village, rather than for armor, as he doesn't get nearly enough customers to warrant the amount of scrap collected otherwise. If bonemold has more uses than as an armor, and if it is available in quantity somewhere in the world (respawning bandits somewhere, for example), let me know and I'll add it in gladly.

As far as how Relneth could use fur... Well... He's the village Handy-Man, I'm sure he has his ways Big Grin I expect he salvages the leathery bits from it (at least, that's his reason he gives the player). I pretend it is treated differently than leather armor, making it less firm, but better suited for the elements, or somesuch.

I just looked into Bonemold, I found some info on the official ES site (LINK):

[blockquote] Bonemold
Also known as 'Great House' armor in Morrowind, bonemold is a medium weight armor affordable only by Dunmer nobles. Each piece is assembled from many pieces of softened shell, molded into shape, then bonded and reinforced with resin glues.[/blockquote]

It could have some uses.

And yeah, reward-wise for the scrap quest, the player will be rewarded for each individual scrap quest, and also given an Extra reward every fifth one of these. So the fifth cycle will have 2 rewards, basically, but every cycle will have at least 1 reward. As far as timeframe for the quest, a static 7 days it is, though dialogue simplicity isn't really a concern for me anymore (All of Okan-Shei's greetings are disposition based, for example... It took 20 minutes for my best friend to persuade me from making it also racially based. That's on top of it already being based on the time of day). Let me know if that changes your opinion as to variable availability for the quest.

Nothing you said changed my opinion, but could you elaborate on what you meant?

As far as scripting in some sort of functionality, and requiring the script extender, and whatnot, I'm not sure what you are referring to... If it is detecting item value, it is just a hard number I've added in based on the values in the construction set. The scrap value for the items is that way too. So, I think we're ok on that front, unless you are referring to something else...

No, I was referring to actually retrieving item properties like weight and value via scripting (not manually inputting them). What you did sounds just fine.

As to how I'm handling the repeatable rewards, this is what I've got in mind. Every time the player completes a scrap quest, a check is made against a variable BigPrize. If that >= 5, the stage is set to 115. Else, BigPrize is incremented by 1, and the stage is set to 15 (resetting the quest, selecting a new material and a new material amount). If the stage is 115, it checks a variable BigTime, which tracks which award is being offered. If it is 1 the player gets this, if it is two the player gets that, etc, up to whatever the upper limit on my creativity with it goes. It'll cap eventually, and sit at somewhere (we'll say 10). There it will simply no longer increment, and the player will get whatever's at 10 repeatably. That one will likely be a random list, but all the ones before it will be a set thing, themed somehow. Such as first you get a sword, then a shield, then some armor, then some poisons, etc. Stuff that builds off eachother and makes it feel personalized. Ideally it'll be based on player skills. A check will run seeing the player's weapon skills and offer an axe or sword based on that, for example.

Once the reward is dispensed, BigTime is incremented (unless its at 10), BigPrize is reset to 0, and the stage returns to 15, restarting the quest, selecting a new material and quantity, etc etc, and the wheel begins a new turn. As far as the contents of the random list at the end, expect money, potions/poisons (based on the stage of Okan-Shei's apparatus quest), and spare weapons and armor from Relneth (I'm envisioning excess that's not selling, or that he simply can't fix. The items will have reduced stats, or lowered health for some, to be sold by the player elsewhere, or will have better stats, but simply not have a market in Ebbedin, and be gifted to the player to do with as they will). Enchantable stuff might (and that's a big might) appear in the leveled list, but with reduced item health (as in it starts damaged, and can be repaired), as Relneth won't have the tools to work with such things.

Remember that the ultimate judge as to whether or not something will work is an in-game test.

I can’t say definitively that what you are suggesting will work. Repeating stages in a quest makes me a little uncomfortable, I don’t know much about repeatable stages and not much information seems to be available on them either. I, in my own personal opinion, would recommend avoiding those if at all possible and just sticking to plain old scripts and retrieving variables.

I’d still be interested in hearing you elaborate a little more on how you’d use the stages (would you use GetStage, journal entries, result scripts…?) before you decide on that.

I'll look into safeguards for the item removal, though I'm not sure how to go about it... The items are removed in a dialog result script, as a response to a question from Relneth ('do you have iron?' 'Yes! I've got boots made of iron' 'hurray!' Removeitem boot). If I add a dialog condition for the player having it equipped, I'm not sure if that's going to make me double the amount of related dialog I've got there, if it is even doable (is there a GetEquipped for dialog? I'll look... Yes, ok), etc.

My main concern is if the player DOES have it equipped... then what? I see having two different lines of dialog for these possibilities. One runs if they've got more than 1 piece of that armor, bypassing the safeguard, and another running if it is just one, checking if it is equipped, and then offering another choice about wanting to give up what you've got equiped. That's a bunch more dialog if that's the route it goes. I can do it, for sure, but its going to get cluttered quick. When I say cluttered, I'd like to point out I've already got more than 45 topics for this one quest, not including variations within those topics. So, it is already cluttered in that sense, but this would add another layer of complexity, whereas the current 45+ topics are laid out somewhat flat.

Your thoughts?

You’re right, there is a lot to take into account. I’ll give it a little more thought. What is it like right now? Could you attach your file?

(Actually, a small edit here, look below at a proposed solution for the alchemy quest. Might be able to do something similar here)

As a final note, how do you make those nifty quote blocks? It'd really help in these big long posts of mine where I constantly refer to your referral of something I previously referred to... :eek:

You can add them in a [ quote ] tag with a matching [ /quote ] tag (note I put spaces in those ones so they wouldn’t turn into quotes themselves Big Grin). Alternatively, you can also click on the “Quote” button next to the “Reply” button underneath posts (they essentially do the same thing, only “quote” adds the quote block for you).

Quote:Originally posted by ImaJunryouedit:

In related news, another bit of feature-creep I'm interested is one of these repeatable quests for Okan-Shei, for ingredients after the apparatus quest. This would expand Okan-Shei's selection of poisons and potions to possibilities beyond Ebbedin's flora. I'm hesitant to start planning such a quest, as it'd overlap with my future Supply Line idea, and also would keep this mod from review for another number of weeks beyond when I already thought it'd be long done -.- So, do you think such a thing would be nice to have, or should I save such a quest for a later broader claim down the road?

I agree with SACarrow:

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
I think additional quests can be added after initial merging; I hope to do that with a couple of my claims.

That would be the ideal situation. We should focus on getting one quest done at a time, making sure it’s working and stable before moving on to another one. We’ll discuss what to do then.

So, I'm running checks for whether or not the player has a particular apparatus on their person, so they can give it to Okan-Shei... Should I be running that check from Novice->Master, under the assumption that the player will want to keep the better stuff, or run in the other way under the assumption that the player will want to get the best reward? Right now, I'm leaning towards the first one, but I'd be happy for some input ^_^

I suggest something like this so the player can choose while saving some dialogue efficiency (no, I don’t know if it works. if it did, it would be really nice), start by having two questions:

If you have something that works, post saying so and don’t do anything just yet without backing up your file!

The type: “What type of equipment do you have?”

Choice 1: Alembic – (Set [QUEST].StIjAppVar to 1)
“Ah yes, I needed a new Alembic for…” – Choice 5 “Continue”
(Also have a set of conditions to search for any alembic in the player’s inventory, and make sure Okan Shei doesn’t already have an alembic)

Choice 2: Calcinator – (Set [QUEST].StIjAppVar to 2)
“Ah yes, I needed a new Calcinator for…” – Choice 5 “Continue”
(Also have a set of conditions to search for any calcinator in the player’s inventory, and make sure Okan Shei doesn’t already have a calcinator)

Choice 3: Mortar & Pestle – (Set [QUEST].StIjAppVar to 3)
“Ah yes, I needed a new Mortar and Pestle for…” – Choice 5 “Continue”
(Also have a set of conditions to search for any mortar and pestle in player’s inventory, and make sure Okan Shei doesn’t already have a mortar and pestle)

Choice 4: Retort – (Set [QUEST].StIjAppVar to 4)
“Ah yes, I needed a new Retort for…” – Choice 5 “Continue”
(Also have a set of conditions to search for any retort in the player’s inventory, and make sure Okan Shei doesn’t already have a retort)

Choice 0: Nevermind – (Return to the main dialogue options)
“If you say so…”
(no conditions)

Now when you reach choice 5 “What quality is it?”

Choice 6 “Novice” – (Set [QUEST].StIjQulVar to 1, check for item)
“Really? Ah well, better than nothing…” – Choice 11 “Continue”

Choice 7 “Apprentice” – (Set [QUEST].StIjQulVar to 2, check for item)
“Okay, that should do.” – Choice 11 “Continue”

Choice 8 “Journeyman” – (Set [QUEST].StIjQulVar to 3, check for item)
“Good.” – Choice 11 “Continue”

Choice 9 “Expert” – (Set [QUEST].StIjQulVar to 4, check for item)
“Excellent!” – Choice 11 “Continue”

Choice 10 “Master” – (Set [QUEST].StIjQulVar to 5, check for item)
“Unbelievable!” – Choice 11 “Continue”

Choice 0: Nevermind – (Return to the main dialogue options)
“If you say so…”

To check for the item (you might have to put this in a separate script)… There might be a more efficient way of doing this, but this is to give you the general idea.

(start the script, StIjHasApp should be set to 0 when this is started. You might also want to add lines for quality and apparatus to the result code areas)

Code:
[QUEST].StIjAppVar == 0
If [QUEST].StIjAppVar == 1
  If [QUEST].StIjQulVar == 1
    If GetItemCount [Novice Alembic] > 0
      Set [QUEST].StIjHasApp to 1
      (remove the item)
    Endif
  ElseIf [QUEST].StIjQulVar == 2
    If GetItemCount [Apprentice Alembic] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
  ElseIf [QUEST].StIjQulVar == 3
    If GetItemCount [Journeyman Alembic] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
  ElseIf [QUEST].StIjQulVar == 4
    If GetItemCount [Expert Alembic] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
  ElseIf [QUEST].StIjQulVar == 5
    If GetItemCount [Master Alembic] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
  Endif
Elseif [QUEST].StIjAppVar == 2
    If GetItemCount [Novice Calcinator] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
    If GetItemCount [Apprentice Calcinator] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
    If GetItemCount [Journeyman Calcinator] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
    If GetItemCount [Expert Calcinator] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
    If GetItemCount [Master Calcinator] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
  Endif
Elseif [QUEST].StIjAppVar == 3
    If GetItemCount [Novice Mortar & Pestle] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
    If GetItemCount [Apprentice Mortar & Pestle] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
    If GetItemCount [Journeyman Mortar & Pestle] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
    If GetItemCount [Expert Mortar & Pestle] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
    If GetItemCount [Master Mortar & Pestle] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
  Endif
Elseif [QUEST].StIjAppVar == 4
    If GetItemCount [Novice Retort] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
    If GetItemCount [Apprentice Retort] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
    If GetItemCount [Journeyman Retort] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
    If GetItemCount [Expert Retort] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
    If GetItemCount [Master Retort] > 0
      (remove the item)
    Endif
  Endif
Endif

(stop the script)

Now that the game knows if the player has the item (we just went through all of the possible items), Choice 11 can result in either a confirmation that he has the item (and the player’s done or just a few more to go), or a “where is it?” line. Big Grin

Choice 11:

(If [QUEST].StIjHasApp is set to 1 and there are still pieces needed)
“Thank you. Remember to come back here if you find any other pieces of equipment”

(If [QUEST].StIjHasApp is set to 1 and all pieces are found)
“Thank you. I can now make potions for…”

(If [QUEST].StIjHasApp is set to 0)
“Wait a second, where is it?” (no result here)

Hmm… Now this could be an interesting solution for the armour Relneth takes too, but it would need a lot more code. :dunce:

There's an enchanter in the Steadhelm Mages Guild named Culumaira, a female Altmer. She's... Snooty ^_^ Stand-offish, and outright rude, really. She responds well to talk of Relneth, though, and after the fourth Big Reward, her attitude changes dramatically. She offers recharging services, and also sells Magic Items, though I'm not sure what those are... Enchanted scrolls, I imagine. I still need to add some of those to her inventory... If that's not what Magic Items refers to, then I'll need to change that Smile

That sounds great. Smile I’m looking forward to meeting Culumaira.

[quote]Originally posted by ImaJunryou
Anyhow, I've also changed the enchantment values on Big Reward 6. It is 15 points of Agility/Speed/Endurance and 10 points of Luck/Light Armor/Heavy Armor, for the shirt/light armor/heavy armor choices, respectively. I thought 5 points for those was a bit low, and thought 15 points of strength was a bit much when compared to the agility and speed bonuses (hence changing them to Endurance instead). Does that fit in line with things balance-wise? I'm used to playing with Oscuro's and that's distorted my view on things like enchantment values...[ /quote]

I agree with sandor.

[quote]Originally posted by sandor
I would lower the values perhaps 10 and 5. [ /quote]

Try not to overpower items, because that can be quite bad for gameplay.