Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebb11 - Relneth's Repairs (Claimed, Finished)
11-09-2007, 02:46 AM,

Sorry, I've been occupied the past few days. As a result, I've yet to get together a response to your post, TID.

Anyway, attached is the latest WIP for Ebb11. Almost done. I'm attaching it so I have a backup around, as I'm going to be reinstalling Oblivion soonish, and have a habit of accidentally deleting important things in the process -.-

I've not tested Culumaira's AI yet, nor fully tested my latest changes to Relneth's Quest, and I've got 4 more rewards to implement, but other than that, and a few things you brought up in your post, TID, it is almost ready for review. Yay!

Oh, and real quick, the 36 dialog thing...

There's 3 quests where you need 2 resources: Iron/Steel, Steel/Chainmail, and Chainmail/Leather.

The quantity dialog for those reflects the following breakdown

0-24 25-50 51-75 76-100 101-125 126-150

For those three quests, I must track the resources independently, leading to this fun shape

--------------0-24 25-50 51-75 76-100 101-125 126-150
0-24
25-50
51-75
76-100
101-125
126-150

There's 36 intersections.

If that's not clear, its all in the ESP, and *should* work in game, but don't quote me on that. Still a WIP after all ^_^

I'll try to make a better response in a bit.

edit:

Huh... Guess I didn't hit submit for the attachment... Oops. Fixed it ^_^
11-09-2007, 03:25 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by ImaJunryou
Sorry, I've been occupied the past few days. As a result, I've yet to get together a response to your post, TID.

That has happened to me quite a bit recently, so I'll forgive you... this time. :brew: Tongue

Anyway, attached is the latest WIP for Ebb11.

I think you forgot to attach it. Either that, or it didn't finish uploading before you posted.

I'm attaching it so I have a backup around, as I'm going to be reinstalling Oblivion soonish, and have a habit of accidentally deleting important things in the process -.-

That's usually a very good idea. Smile

Oh, and real quick, the 36 dialog thing...

There's 3 quests where you need 2 resources: Iron/Steel, Steel/Chainmail, and Chainmail/Leather.

The quantity dialog for those reflects the following breakdown

0-24 25-50 51-75 76-100 101-125 126-150

For those three quests, I must track the resources independently, leading to this fun shape

--------------0-24 25-50 51-75 76-100 101-125 126-150
0-24
25-50
51-75
76-100
101-125
126-150

There's 36 intersections.

If that's not clear, its all in the ESP, and *should* work in game, but don't quote me on that. Still a WIP after all ^_^

Okay, I'll have a look at the ESP to make sure I understand correctly how things are set up.
11-26-2007, 01:36 AM,

Alright. So, unless there's some glaring bug that I've missed, or some horrible flaw that I overlooked, or some feature that I forgot to stick in, this is my 98% complete mark.

Those last two percentage points represent 1 - my final run through to make sure everything's pretty ingame (everything works, I just want to do it all beginning-to-end, make sure it all works nicely... Haven't done that yet), and 2 - a stamp of approval after review. Once I get that ingame run done to make sure there's nothing wrong, this will be my review piece. Unless there's something wrong, in which case I'll have to fix it and re-upload -.-

So, yeah. Minus any last minute tweaks, this is Ebbedin 11.
11-27-2007, 11:17 AM,

Thanks for the update. I'll look at it later today and let you know what I think. Smile
11-27-2007, 11:45 PM,

PHYSICAL

- Press the "F" (fall) key for havok'd objects after they've been havok'd so that they aren't floating
- I'd put a little bit more clutter into the alcoves in the main room
- Rotate the tapestries 10 degrees each to make the wooden poles sink into the wall because there's a small opening in the tapestry on the left, and the one on the right looks like it's floating

Are the collision boxes necessary?

BOOKS

- Capitalize the G in STIJEbb11WorkOrder6
- STIJEbb11BigPrize06Note, a few notes:
[INDENT][/INDENT]- The use of the word "they" to refer to the player is a little confusing. I would suggest instead to have two versions of the letter, one referring to a male player and the other a female player, and a result script decides which one is given to the player. Make any other necessary changes in other dialogue.
[INDENT][/INDENT]- You mention the word "friend" a lot. I would try to find some other good words to use instead because the many instances of "friend" make it sound a little repetitive. Maybe adventurer or traveler...

QUESTS

STIJEbb11RelnethDialogue, STIJEbb11RelnethQuest01
Starting STIJEbb11RelnethQuest02

DIALOGUE

- Again with "they" in the entry for STIJEbb11RelnethQuest02C01, change it to either "he" or "she"

STAGES

- Minor correction to text for stage 45 in quest STIJEbb11RelnethQuest01: "Hopefully he sorts things out with his supplier in the future." should be future tense, "...he will sort things out..."
- I would also suggest that the journal entry at the end of the STIJEbb11RelnethQuest01 quest mention returning to Relneth's shop in a week or so to check up on his business

blue[/hr]

I'll need time to fully look it over. I'll review it in chunks at a time.
What triggers stage 5 of STIJEbb11RelnethQuest02?

I'm impressed so far. :goodjob:
11-28-2007, 12:31 AM,

Really quick before I leave work,

When STIJEbb11RelnethQuest01 finishes, its result script sets STIJEbb11RelnethQuest02 to 5. A week or so must then pass, and the stage in 02 will change to 10, bringing up new dialog options for the player.

As far as Quest02 goes, I realized while reading your post that I've yet to put in any journal entries for it, except for a few very much unrelated ones that I was using to track the stages :bash:

They will be changed/added along with all of your suggestions Big Grin

Confusedigh: Also, I suppose I should remove the chameleon helm and cheat barrel from the downstairs storage room... It will make testing a few of the quests much more challenging if you don't have a list of FormIDs in front of you for the necessary items, though. Relneth and Okan-Shei ask for a lot of stuff. Blush
11-29-2007, 08:47 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
- Press the "F" (fall) key for havok'd objects after they've been havok'd so that they aren't floating

A small correction to that. sandor performed a few tests a while back (which I forgot about) and found that method can sometimes cause objects to jump off surfaces with violent force. It's mentioned in the revision criteria. Instead, use Z to drag the objects down to the surface. Thanks sandor for reminding me. Smile

If you've already used the F key, I would suggest carefully re-havoking the objects, then bringing them down with Z as suggested in the criteria linked above.

I'm hoping this didn't cause too much of a problem...

As far as Quest02 goes, I realized while reading your post that I've yet to put in any journal entries for it, except for a few very much unrelated ones that I was using to track the stages :bash:

I'll wait for those before posting about that quest again then.

Confusedigh: Also, I suppose I should remove the chameleon helm and cheat barrel from the downstairs storage room... It will make testing a few of the quests much more challenging if you don't have a list of FormIDs in front of you for the necessary items, though. Relneth and Okan-Shei ask for a lot of stuff. Blush

I didn't forget about those, but they should probably be removed for the next ESP anyway. Make sure you playtest before submitting it.
12-05-2007, 07:44 AM,

I had a brief look at STIJEbb11CulumairaDialogue this morning.

DIALOGUE

- For GREETING, you might want to move the entry with the GetStage condition up one slot because the player will only ever get the first entry for which all conditions are met
- Again for the GREETING, make sure all the topics you want added are added, like the "Steadhelm" topic
- For the "Relneth" topic, I would add two separate entries:
[INDENT][/INDENT]+ one Info entry for after the player has reached Stage 15 (second priority entry)
[INDENT][/INDENT]+ one Info entry for after the player has handed Culumaira the note. At that point, she will probably already know the player knows Relneth Wink (first priority entry)
- For her response in STIJEbb11Enchanting "Ah, yes. I remember this. Alright, which do you want, then?" I would add something like "So he wants me to give you an enchanted item..." just in case the player forgot what the note was about or simply didn't read it. It is rude, after all, to read someone else's mail Tongue
- Maybe add another Info entry to that topic in case the player already showed her the note and didn't choose an item.*

*If you create another higher stage to recognize this, be sure to change the GetStage condition in the GREETING from == 15 to >= 15

What are the 10 and 20 stages for?
01-04-2008, 06:19 PM,
How is this going?
Not that I'm in charge of it; I just wanna play it!

Steve
01-11-2008, 10:38 PM,

Well, I can spend some time looking at your dialogue before I even find anything. I've found very little in terms of technical errors. I'd playtest it to see if it works. If that's all good, then :goodjob: from me. Are the journal entries in yet?