Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebbedin Dwemer Ruin Quest
09-01-2007, 07:32 PM,

hmm, that sounds good. lets move it to the dumac board, and continue it from there.
Why do I have an oblivion gate at the end of my name? Because I come and go, vanishing for a while, to unknown places, far away... something like that.
09-01-2007, 07:40 PM,

Done. Smile
09-01-2007, 08:16 PM,

So, Dumac is huge, like city sized, right? Then it's perfectly logical to have unexplored wings that have been covered in debris and rock. And like it was said, you can help clear some areas out by getting Dwemer Demolition Packs.

The coolest thing one could find there, blueprints to the Numidium. Then you give it to some guy and he accidentally drops it in his campfire Big Grin

The Orrery, sounds cool, but yeah, lore people wouldn't like it. But why would you need a new model? One comes with the DLC anyways. Unless it's bad looking.

A way to get the player trapped in a chamber, I have a few ideas, but only one good one. The player has a demolition pack. They lay it down on some rocks. You know there's something on the other side because you can see it. So the countdown starts, it blows up, and the resulting explosion causes rocks to collapse from the ceiling back down the hall you came from. It would be funnier if you had an explorer with you who wanted to stay back away from the explosion and he ends up being buried alive.

How would you handle these demolition packs? Would they just explode with a fire spell, pushing the havoked rocks backwards?
Lol what?
09-01-2007, 09:30 PM,

well, its not that the orrery doesnt look good, it looks awsome. the problem i see is bethesda allowing its usage. the demolition packs? im not sure. the other day i experimented with fireball spells with 100 magnitude, range, and duration, very interesting results. any method that creates a kind of demo-pack explosion, mabye scripted to stick you in place as it explodes, with nice effect.

with the collapse, something could be set up that when the player enters the area (like a trap trigger?) that sets off the other collpase.
Why do I have an oblivion gate at the end of my name? Because I come and go, vanishing for a while, to unknown places, far away... something like that.
09-01-2007, 10:32 PM,

I'm not quite sure how all that works being that I am not into the ES4 construction, IS and Seniosh can decide the details of how the new areas are discovered via demolition or manually removing the stones or other method

I would definitely choose the demo pack, just to see the effects Smile

Having one go off unexpectedly and trapping the player inside one of the cave systems is a good idea, we can discover other things as well

I have my opinions on the Orrey thing, but they are just opinions (not to offend the lore guru's) but I don't see a particular problem with it, unless Beth lore says their are only X amount in existence, but if says X amount are "Known" to exist, then whats the problem with using it

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
09-01-2007, 11:11 PM,

Beth doesn't care. They don't care if you retexture stuff in the DLC's so long as you don't introduce the same content. Everyone just thought that when Horse Armor first came out, but that's because players could introduce the same content with only those two models. The Orrery involves a quest and buff reward, so as long as you don't make those, I don't see a problem.
Lol what?
09-07-2007, 12:20 AM,

well, im no texturer or modeller, but if that could be done, that would be awsome. but how would you integrate the orrery? it looks as if it has a different style of dwemer architecture, or, is that what dwemer ruins used to look like before they became ruins?
10-09-2007, 11:30 AM,

All I have to say is its a good Idea to have the orrery, the whole Idea of the quest is intriuging (Hope its right). You have my consent.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]