Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebbedin Exterior Released!!!!!
08-02-2006, 05:09 AM,

I checked out the village in the CS. It's not bad as far as villages go, but... tying in with what TheImperialDragon said, it's a poor Redoran fishing village. There's no barracks or council club there; there's a modestly wealthy noble, Llyid Vares, in the manor and a guard in the guard barracks. Basically everyone else are fishermen, who has to work all day just to stay alive. It can be likened to what the shanty town in Seyda Neen was like.

That's where the challenge lies. Keeping it small, and poor, but still interesting. Characters, hardships, tales of sunken treasure, mysterious strangers (smugglers) sneaking around along the coast at night, maybe a Velothi tomb outside of town - things of that nature can play into making it interesting to the player without being lavish. Didn't I mention which Redoran building types to use? You should especially use the huts since they have finished and rather good interior models, and can be modded right away. There's no telling when the other interiors will come.

HeIsTheDarkness: Good tip! I've been wondering why I couldn't take screenshots anymore... and now that you mention it, it's probably because I turned on bloom a while back.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-02-2006, 05:11 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by HeIsTheDarkness
To make screenshots you have to turn off Bloom or AA, don't remember which one exactly Smile

Hmm... well, maybe it's just my computer, but I haven't been able to take screenshots, even without bloom or AntiAliasing (sp).
08-02-2006, 05:14 AM,

Have you modified the right .ini file? I mean not in Program Files/Beth/Oblivion, but in My documents/my games/oblivion/
08-02-2006, 05:15 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Quote:Originally posted by HeIsTheDarkness
To make screenshots you have to turn off Bloom or AA, don't remember which one exactly Smile

Hmm... well, maybe it's just my computer, but I haven't been able to take screenshots, even without bloom or AntiAliasing (sp).

Are you running windows x64? Because that caused problems for me early on. Other than that, did you chance the setting in the correct .ini file? Because there's two of them, one in my documents and one in the Oblivion folder, but at the moment I've forgotten which you need to change to enable screenshots.

Edit: Dang, HITD beat me by a minute Tongue
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
08-02-2006, 05:19 AM,

Err... *TheImperialDragon stares stupidly in disbelief of his own stupidity at the computer monitor and slams his head into the desk*

What were we talking about again? Big Grin

BTW: This is an interesting INI line: bKeepPluginWhenMerging=0
08-02-2006, 05:23 AM,

Yeah, that's one of the strings that shows that merge feature was ripped from CS before official release.

Well, in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini you have to find the "bAllowScreenshots=0" string and set it to =1
08-02-2006, 03:01 PM,

one could always use an external program.like FRAPS for example.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
08-02-2006, 05:25 PM,

there are shacks already? where?

and, did I forget to include the bittercoastcavemesh for the mine?
Lol what?
08-02-2006, 08:20 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
there are shacks already? where?

I wasn't referring to the shacks. The old Ebbedin (which I showed a week ago in that post in the first thread) had a manor, a guardtower, and two round huts. If I recall correctly yours had a manor, guardtower, barracks and a council club. Some leeway is okay, if you want one round hut and one oval hut instead of two round huts, or three round huts instead of two round huts, but a council club and barracks doesn't play into the poor fishing village type atmoshphere Ebbedin should have. Smile
Angel mired in filth
08-02-2006, 08:31 PM,

Well, I'm currently "pooring up" the village, so I removed the council club and replaced it with rocks. I am also filling up the village to make it look less empty, and if I forgot the bittercoastcavemesh, here it is

Note: This mesh requires blackwood rocks textures, so you need to download them.
Lol what?