Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebbedin Island Progress Thread
08-01-2006, 01:39 AM,

Just surround the island with a region. Click and make X's around the white squares, and then set up the region.

Wait, do you mean set up the objects and such? Because that is why we are hiring in the first place.....
Lol what?
08-01-2006, 01:41 AM,

thats exactly what I mean, I do not know how to make a new region, I can DRAW a region and have it generate a region, but I cannot set up the region's properties. I thought you needed someone to Generate a Region.
, Cleitanious Anotnious O'Keefious
[Seal of the Imperial Dragon]
08-01-2006, 01:49 AM,

hmmmm.....
Lol what?
08-01-2006, 01:50 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Just surround the island with a region. Click and make X's around the white squares, and then set up the region.

Wait, do you mean set up the objects and such? Because that is why we are hiring in the first place.....

Maybe you (IAMTHEEMPEROR) could make the region parameters? We can always edit the rest by hand after we get the general layout, there's a good description of what does what on the CS wiki. Now, make sure to include at the very least three variants of trees and several different bushes in the region, lots of mushrooms, fallen logs, a lot of rocks (of all sizes) and sounds (birds, swamp noises, etc...) as well as several other stuff like weather and stuff. I CAN do this stuff, and I DID have a region, but the CS crashed when I decided to do a beta landscape. There is also a way of texturing the land with the editor too. :yes: I could help you with deciding what to put in the area.
08-01-2006, 01:52 AM,

Duplicate the Black Marsh region and add in your mushrooms.
08-01-2006, 01:56 AM,

Black marsh region..... Do you mean Blackwood? And that's the issue, there's no replace function, which complicates things alot.
Lol what?
08-01-2006, 02:08 AM,

Nope, I think it can be managed, here you go:

(My computer didn't crash this time!!! LOL!)

The region's name is EbbedinRegion (original enough for you? (JK)).
08-01-2006, 03:12 AM,

Should we wait until we have Bitter Coast trees?
Lol what?
08-01-2006, 03:15 AM,

We should be able to simply use the "Search and Replace" option when we do, in the meantime, I don't see much problem with using these trees. Smile
08-01-2006, 03:28 AM,

No no, Duplicate the Blackwood region and edit its properties to include Mushrooms, you do not need to replace anything.