Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Esp of veranis hall
07-23-2009, 04:41 PM,
Esp of veranis hall
I've started with the basic landscaping of veranis hall. I chose my location and started to edit the landscape. I wanted to flatten some cells by using the heightmap editor. That went good, because my pc didn't crash.
The problem is that when i saved my file, it took some seconds to save it. It appears that my esp is now about 40 MB big. Is this normal?
07-23-2009, 05:58 PM,
RE: Esp of veranis hall
Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
I've started with the basic landscaping of veranis hall. I chose my location and started to edit the landscape. I wanted to flatten some cells by using the heightmap editor. That went good, because my pc didn't crash.
The problem is that when I saved my file, it took some seconds to save it. It appears that my esp is now about 40 MB big. Is this normal?
Yes, it's very inefficient.
It's better to use the landscape editing tool.

I can't merge such an esp to the main esm because it will increase the size in an extreme manner.

If you did a lot of work it's possible to reduce the total size, it depends on the location you chose.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-23-2009, 07:06 PM,

Apparently the HME & the LE each compress the LAND records differently. I've been looking at the files with a hex editor, but have yet to discover the difference. I posted an inquiry on BSF here.

No joy so far,
Steve
07-23-2009, 07:08 PM,

It was not an impressive amount of work, but it did take at least 1 hour. I've started with using the flatten tool of the landscape editing tool, but it doesn't want to work when the height difference is too high. In such case, i need to raise some land again and again to flatten one cell. That's why i've quit using the the landscape editing tool.
07-25-2009, 10:31 PM,

I've created a new file of Veranis without using the heightmap editor. The new file has a size of [SPOILER] almost 600 kb [\SPOILER].
07-26-2009, 08:53 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
I've created a new file of Veranis without using the heightmap editor. The new file has a size of [SPOILER] almost 600 kb [\SPOILER].
Great! Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-26-2009, 06:14 PM,

Veranis Hall is in itself a rather interesting name. To me it sounds like the place would have a hall of special significance. I would assume the word hall in this context means either of these alternatives, which I got from google:
- Anteroom: a large entrance or reception room or area
- A large room for gatherings or entertainment; "lecture hall"; "pool hall"
- Manor hall: the large room of a manor or castle

What's your ideas on the subject, blackbird?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-26-2009, 09:02 PM,

Sounds to me like it should be a town hall or city hall.
07-27-2009, 09:22 AM,

I was thinking that the name hall is due that veranis is surrounded between tall and steep mountains. The mountains are creating the hall effect in my opinion.
The name could be also related to a nearby important ruin with large halls.
07-31-2009, 07:41 PM,

Here is my first WIP. I haven't worked much on it, so don't expect something special. I'm going on vacation until 11 august.