Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F&F: Creatures
02-10-2006, 04:13 AM,

I think they'd eat meat if they found a carcass... but only a little... they aren't even fully omnivorous...
but maybe they are just one of those stupid animals that would just walk into you
or not feel pain for awhile if poked by a spear or something...

maybe ashlanders would hunt it as a ritual and it bones added to a shrine...

(I'll post the bone ancestor shrine in the Ashlander thread)
02-10-2006, 04:15 AM,

They could be like pigs or goats. Eat what they can find. Possibly destroying yurts by just walking up to them and start chewing :lmao:
02-10-2006, 04:18 AM,

well, maybe not quite dumb... maybe the hide-smell of the yurt will deter them... maybe not

they will be like very stupid elephants Big Grin
02-10-2006, 04:21 AM,

Hehe. We should probally make decomposed corpses for the ones that have fallen from the herd and died. Like the silt riders, something that big takes a long time to go away.
02-10-2006, 04:26 AM,

how about they have primitive herd mentality...
like they will stay by a dead member fo the herd for a day to mourn...
they will get aggressive when their young are approached but they themselves are too thick to feel much pain initially
they will follow migration routes through the Molag Amur, the Ashlands, etc.
they can swim well, but occasionally go too far out and sharks get them...

the big one (hlaalu manor size) is the matriarch and she is smarter and most experienced...
she's had more children
she's fought off more ashlanders
she's seen more death
she's traveled the migration routes more
she's got a thicker skin than others

...and perhaps these creatures can live like 500 years? ...of course little 'uns will be occasionally picked off by nix-hounds....

Alits are morelike opportunists, and scavengers... attacking lone creatures...
same with Kagouti but they are more pack-like, more aggressive but also more fearful
Guar are just... Guar!
02-10-2006, 04:30 AM,

YES! Except lets pump up the matriarch a few notches and make the standard hlallu manor sized, that would give them a more unevolved feel.

I like the whole bit of staying to mourn and nix-hound attacks.

That makes me think. These things (we need to think of a name!) will cause a major eco-change when they settle in an area for awhile. Possibly there could be ashlander quests where you are sent to drive them away from/attract them to an area, depending on whether we decide to make the change good or bad.
02-10-2006, 04:34 AM,

yeah... :yes:

it all depends on the scale of the orrowind... if us and Silgrad mods decide on a bigger scale... like say 1:5 instead of 1:10... in other words insteadof 1/10, we do 2/10....
then I think Hlaalu manor sized as the generic adult is ok....
but in a small world it would be too big...

by the way, you say you got you TES3 for $20.... I got my GOTY for $16 :dance:
most of our TES history is the same, but I never got a PC ver., I tried my friend's- it didn't work Confusedhrug:
02-10-2006, 04:37 AM,

Oh so you've never tried computer morrowind? Wow I'm surprised.

So what should we name the beasts? It should sound very ashlander in origin since it seems to be heading the way of being very closely tied to them
02-10-2006, 04:41 AM,

I've tried it but only a bit...
I am trying to get my hands on the PC ver just the praactice with CS...
I usualyl get things quite fast... well for terraining at least...

I was a highyl valued Warcraft3 terrainer... and TES3 / 4 will be a good challenge...

but an ashlander origin....
Dunmeri especially Ashlander was very affected by Assyrian and Farsi languages
...so find the word for big beast....?

did you know Zainab is a name in Farsi? or was in Arab? or whatever... I don't rmember...
02-10-2006, 04:43 AM,

Didn't know that. Its scary how much things interconnect.

But Just off of the top of my head I was thinking of something with a strong "mung" or "monong" sound.