Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F&F: Vvardenfell trolls' appearance...?
02-27-2006, 01:50 AM,
F&F: Vvardenfell trolls' appearance...?
what should trolls in Vvardenfell look like?
they will be in the Sheogorad mostly so it will be a lot of swimming and island hopping. They will have to adapt to a maritime environment that is somewhat cool but not cold, and quite moist.
Therefore I think they will look more like amphibians rather than monkies. They will still ratain the troll look... but notice how trolls quickly adapt into new species.... the Udefrykte was an ancient breed of Northern troll, they had two eyes and thick black fur... the Grahl are snow trolls with blubbery hides and tusks and shorter, thicker bodies to adapt to the cold environment of the north. The Cyrodiilic trolls are hariy and lanky like apes...

so what would trolsl living in the Sheogorad look like? ....beastly looking salamanders/frogs?

This is the revised story of the Goblins, Durzogs, and trolls coming to Morrowind.
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
Goblins have been long used as frontline troops or cannon-fodder. The Altmer had a tradition of training them and using them to take the brunt of the enmy in battle. So it came to no surprise to a certain group of goblin tribes when a group of Altmer came to their camps to recruit their tribes for war. The goblins were loaded onto a small fleet of large Dunmer slave-barges and shipped to Morrowind. However, more than half of the fleet was shickwrecked on the shores of the Sheogorad archipelago. Three ships remained to sail around the eastern shore of Vvardenfell (away from Imperial coastal guard) and sailed down the Thir River. Helseth then arranged for the goblins to be smuggled into the wilderness outside of Mournhold / Almalexia (city) where part of Old Mournhold was still above ground. The goblins were forced to dig through until they reached what was underneath the Godsreach section of Mournhold's inner-circle. Armion and Yarnar trained them.
However, two other tribes were shipwrecked on the Sheogorad. About half of them died, including the trolls and durzogs brought on the voyage. However, the trolls quickly adapted to the new environment. The Durzogs and goblins quickly made lairs and caverns to dwell in. Later their warchiefs would contact Valenvaryon's orcs in hopes of partaking in the emerging Betmeri League. One group of Goblins was also brought down to Nchurdamz by the Telvanni at the request of betmeri warlords living in the Sadrith Forest. Soon the survivprs of the two shipwrecked tribes made their homes on Vvardenfell... Gormflang in the Sheogorad, and Nchurdamz on the edge of the Sadrith Forest.

Sheogorad Tribe: Warchief Ulug & Dukag
Gormflang is a goblin warren composed of a series of caverns and tunnels dug underground. It is a colony of goblins ruled by its two Warchiefs. Durzogs and many trolls also make this their home.
Sadrith-forest Tribe: Warchief Kagroc & Ufthak
Nchurdamz has become a goblin fortresswhich is not their home but the hills on either side have cave-dwellings for the Goblins and Durzogs. The strongest of goblins are garrisoned within Nchurdamz with their Warchiefs.
02-27-2006, 02:41 AM,
RE: vvardenfell trolls' appearance...?
i would say that we do a reskin of the cyrodill troll, maybe using some slimy/scaly oblivion textures... but if someones willing to model it i'd say to make it similar to the creature from the black lagoon Big Grin

and i like the new backstory :goodjob:
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
02-27-2006, 02:43 AM,
RE: vvardenfell trolls' appearance...?
Quote:Originally posted by batman
I would say that we do a reskin of the cyrodill troll, maybe using some slimy/scaly oblivion textures... but if someones willing to model it i'd say to make it similar to the creature from the black lagoon Big Grin

and I like the new backstory :goodjob:
1. I would like to... but I am still getting past blocky simple models
2. yeah I like the new one too... more real, better laid out, and just overall better :]
02-27-2006, 01:40 PM,

I agree with Batman. Something with webbed feet and ampibious. Maybe make it only come out at night. That would be eery to see one of those things rise out of the fog covered water
02-27-2006, 07:38 PM,

so far we seem to all agree on an amphibious troll breed :yes:
02-27-2006, 09:04 PM,

O and they either live in damp wet caves or grottos
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
02-27-2006, 09:29 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
O and they either live in damp wet caves or grottos
yep... :yes:
02-27-2006, 09:42 PM,

Leader of the trolls is GottumBig GrinSmileSad:O
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
02-27-2006, 09:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Leader of the trolls is GottumBig GrinSmileSad:O

nah, but each small group of trolls has their leader... don't worry, as betmeri league faction leader I'll take on that responsibility of naming and such
02-27-2006, 11:30 PM,

O very important Underwater breathing or not and swimming or not?

If so there underwater breathing should be permant so they dont drown lol