Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FPS problems.
07-28-2006, 06:02 PM,
FPS problems.
I have been testing out a few of my claims lately, and every time I walk outside, usually between SID and NID to cross the bridge, my FPS drops from around 25 to 1 or 2 per second.

I just thought I'd point that out, because it takes me a few minutes just to cross the bridge. Is any body else getting this? I shouldn't be.

I'm running:
-AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
-Corsair XMS 1GB Ram
-eVGA NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
07-28-2006, 11:55 PM,

You could switch computers with me. I can gauruntee no framerate drops ever; mainly because my FPS is always around 1.

Big Grin
Artemis Vendu - sucking Vvardenfell dry since 3E 394
07-29-2006, 12:08 AM,

At least yours is steady, huh? :lol:

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
07-29-2006, 12:08 AM,

noremorse: My first question would be if you're playing with the esp from RP 6.0? Because we did a few fixes around that particular area in version 6.0. The bridge is now cut in several parts, and all the buildings inside the fake town mockups are lod. I used to experience an FPS drop too, albeit not as severe as the one you describe.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-29-2006, 12:12 AM,

Nope, I'm running RP 06.9, the one you sent me.

I'm not sure why I suddenly found myself struggling to get across the bridge, because I didn't with the older version.

Edit 2006.07.29 17:38:

RP Version 6.9
(RW, I think you forgot to update it to 7 Wink )

I am continuing to get severe FPS drops all over Soluthis. I cannot step foot outside the Imperial Districts without a massive hit on my performance, dropping below 1 FPS.

I am experiencing similar performance loss in my Soluthis0102 claim when playtesting. It's not near as critical, but it's harsh none the less. Considering it has only 65,000 faces in the cell, I should be getting at the very least 45 FPS. I get somewhere along the lines of 12 at the moment.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem? I think it could be a memory leak on my part, but I don't know where.

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
07-29-2006, 05:21 PM,

Hmm... I have my graphics settings set to just about as high as they will go, so I'll have a look.

Edit: Do you have your view in 1st person or 3rd? 1st runs much smoother.
07-29-2006, 06:25 PM,

1st. But if I'm getting 1 FPS in 3rd person I'm sure I wouldn't get anything better in 1st. Wink

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
07-29-2006, 11:49 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by noremorse
1st. But if I'm getting 1 FPS in 3rd person I'm sure I wouldn't get anything better in 1st. Wink

I've been mindful to keep the facecount for each cell in Soluthis between 200k and 300k, and I think most cells adhere to that. I.e. I don't know of one that doesn't but I haven't checked all of them so I won't swear by it. One idea could have been that the high-res textures would cause a problem, but I see from your specs that you have as much RAM as I do, so that can't be it. Very strange. ?(
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-29-2006, 11:51 PM,

Your system is better than mine, and mine runs pretty smoothly... weird...

1 GB RAM
Nvidia 6800 (or was it 5800?)
Around 2200 GHz with a 1.8 GHz processor, it seems that that one was actually capable of a lot.
07-30-2006, 02:20 AM,

I've experienced major frame hits on that dang bridge too, around 5-10 fps second. I average somewhere between 15-25 normally (though it will flucuate a lot at certain times)

I also get major hits in both Imperial Districts.

My system:
Nvidia 6800 GT
1 gig of ram
2.20 ghz processor