Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faction Brainstorming Session 3 - Sotho
09-28-2010, 11:50 PM,

I have to agree with you there and I am new to this whole thing and...if I write a quest do I have to desighn the dungeons and the characters for it? Like do I have to create it as well. If so I cant as my computer has bad graphics card. So I might just write the quests if that is the situation. And if it is...can I do that?
badumpish
09-29-2010, 04:37 AM,

If you're unable to create good quality assets for your own quests, you'll have to submit them for review. Should they pass mustard, they'll be turned into claims for the modelers, worldbuilders, scripters etc.

That being said, even if you make the entire quest yourself there's still not a guarantee that it'll be used. The mod leader (Ibsen's Ghost) has explicitly stated that writing will be treated with care.
11-06-2010, 11:49 AM,

What about a skooma smuggling mission? Having to smuggle skooma undetced over the borders of Blackmarsh and to Sotho Tre?
11-06-2010, 12:38 PM,

Hi there! Would you be interested in contributing to the project? Do you have any previous experience in modding?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
11-06-2010, 12:56 PM,

Hi! Yes, an introduction would be nice. If you fancy it, drop by here: New Modders Start Here . This should tell you everything you need to know (or take you to the relevant places).

And yes, a Skooma smuggling mission would be pretty much essential....especially as a 'smugglers cove' has been created for that explicit purpose off the Soulrest shoreline. =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-02-2011, 08:17 AM,

PWN and I are already working on a Skooma smuggling mission so thats already in, although it has nothing to do with the Sotho, maybe a follow up to the Skooma Skooma 'round the world quest in which you have to smuggle to Sotho????? I dunno just tell me what you think.
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
08-02-2011, 09:27 AM,

Well, the Sotho Tren have their hand in everything. As a kind of mafia organisation, they will probably get angry about anyone doing any illegal or illicit activity that challenges their own practices. That quest would probably alert the Sotho Tren to your activities and may even lead in to the Sotho Tren quests.

I was hoping to have a quest where you bartered some extremely valuable goods to an illegal 'fence', expecting to receive a massive reward, only to find that it has been set up to determine who it is that has been infringing on Sotho Tren territory. You are then taken into the Sotho Tren mansion to face questioning.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-02-2011, 03:26 PM,

Hi all;

Sounds fine,
we need a team name, you and I, Miz? will pm you bout it.

pwn
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
08-02-2011, 10:47 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Mizreg
PWN and I are already working on a Skooma smuggling mission so thats already in, although it has nothing to do with the Sotho, maybe a follow up to the Skooma Skooma 'round the world quest in which you have to smuggle to Sotho????? I dunno just tell me what you think.

It seems Blackmarsh has its own version of an "illegal"-type drug: "Daril"

http://www.imperial-library.info/content...lore-notes

Quote:Daril, meaning approximately “seeing everything in ecstasy,” is a drug favored by Argonians and expressed by the Moon-adder. It “unfolds in stages, no stage like the last, and it confuses the senses,” apparently making a person synaesthetic. This drug is lethal to all but Argonians. p.131

[fast forward to below; I'll explain later why I posted about Theilul]

There, a long line of sheds with the Colovian Traders banner hawked trinkets of silver and brass, cooking pots, cutlery, wine, cloth. ... a group of [Glim's] matriline cousins had set up a business selling Theilul, a liquor made of distilled sugarcane. They'd originally sold the cane, but since their fields were twenty miles from town, they'd found it easier to transport a few cases of bottles than many wagonloads of cane – and far more profitable.” p. 36

So you don't need to focus on skooma.

Also, Daril makes one "synaesthetic" - this means some "type of stimulation evokes the sensation of another, as when the hearing of a sound produces the visualization of a color." (yes, there are people who really do have this condition, in RL):

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/synesthetic

There are all sorts of neat quest things you can do with Daril and its synesthetic properties - something like this: depending on the type of boots a player is wearing (barefoot to heavy boots), the player will make more sound and be more detectable to NPCs, even when sneaking. Maybe if the player takes "Daril" drug, they temporarily see, while walking/running/sneaking and depending on how close to the NPC, a color on their cursor or around the screen (pulses with each step), that relates to the loudness of the sound as an NPC might hear it (or just use the detection level).

Barefoot (and are using 100% chameleon) = light green shade
Barefoot (and undetected) = green shade
Barefoot (and noticed) = yellow shade
Barefoot (and seen by non-hostile NPC) = orange
Barefoot (and seen by hostile NPC) = red
Barefoot (and being searched for by hostile NPC) = purple
Barefoot (and hostile NPC has lost track of you, completely) = blue (for a few seconds)

Leather Boots (and using 100% chameleon) = light green shade
etc
etc

Detection Formula and Threshholds:
http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...:Detection

Detection Tab:
http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...ection_Tab

GetDetectionLevel (function):
http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...ctionLevel

Also, since Daril has "no stage like the last", it can be random what effects the player can gets each time they use Daril. In could be that the "Detection" of the player is reversed, and instead, the player better detects the NPC (think of enhanced "Detect Life" effect - green shaded NPCs have not detected the player, yellow-shaded NPCs have noticed the player, etc - just like my colorcoding for the barefoot/boots idea above).

The reason I mentioned Theilul, is that maybe this Daril drug is mixed into the liquor, for Argonian use and smuggling to Argonians outside Blackmarsh. But since liquor is appealing to all, other races might sometimes accidentally get their hands on this tainted liquor, and die from ingesting the Daril in it. Either that, or some in the Sotho Tren mean to purposefully poison non-natives.

Oh yeah, the reason the player might can take Daril regardless of their race, is because they are either chosen by the Hist or something, or because they have already ingested hist sap. That's how I'd fudge things.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-03-2011, 02:07 AM,

Hi KP;

Yeah, that sort of what the new Kinnect game is based on, Child of Eden,

Sounds cool really, I think PWN and I will use Skooma, and the Sotho quests can have Daril. it will be easier to handle because this is a misc quest, not a guild quest.

And what you said about injecting Hist sap; I was thinking, that could be perfect for when the player travels to BM. Like part of the main story (if there is one), where you are kidnapped or whatever. Doesn't matter really but it would blend nicely and tie up some loose ends.

PWN
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas