Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Final" shack models here...
09-17-2006, 08:30 AM,
A shack door...
With a picture. I'll see if it fits when I wake up; it's 4:30 AM local. The rusty texture is from Stilgar's site; I then did some GIMP beveling on it and drew a keyhole for the lock. I used rope02.dds for the pull; it's not so great and the heavy rope doesn't tile. If there's a better one, just let me know.

Thanks,
Steve
09-17-2006, 09:03 AM,

They're great! You've come a long way in a short time, friend. :goodjob:
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-17-2006, 09:21 AM,

add more brown, that gives a better wood feeling
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
09-19-2006, 08:00 AM,

how's it going?
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
09-19-2006, 02:21 PM,

Sorry about that. Modelling lesson: build the door and then frame it. Smile Once I got the exterior, interior and doors in TES3, small gaps became more visible, so I had to alter the doors and put black backing in the doorways to lessen the visual impact of any remaining gaps. Also, my productivity goes way down during the NFL weekend. Big Grin

I should have TES3-based screeners up within the hour, and a 7Z with meshes and texes up later in the day.

Later,
Steve
09-19-2006, 04:21 PM,

Ok, surely looking forward to that!
09-19-2006, 08:26 PM,
Finally!
I hate doors! But now they fit (kinda) and here are screeners from TES3 to show how things look at least in that game. Next step: assembling the meshes, texes and normals into a 7Z and putting it out there on FileFront. I'll start a new thread with that announcement, since now these models will be tested within the game.

Thanks,
Steve