Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing
10-24-2007, 01:08 AM,
Fishing
If this idea Already Exists please direct me to it

Im frankly very astonished that this hasnt been done for japanese themed mod like this since japan was and still is all about fishing since fish to them is like beef to europeans.

Im not only talking about the traditional Rod fishing i mean like net fishing too and stuff like that.

I know this may seem quite pointless but i thought you could intergrate it into a few quests like for example

A nobel Loses his precious statue and you found out a thief stole it. After you track down the thief hes shot in the back by an archer and his body and the statue fall into a lake filled inhabited by some kind of demon and even if you could avoid it the water current would sweep you away.

The only way for you to get it back is to fish it out.

So anyone think its doable?
Where The Wind Blows youll Find Me
10-24-2007, 01:31 AM,
RE: Fishing
Quote:Originally posted by Ryu
So anyone think its doable?

I don't think it's doable, the problems with getting an archer to attack the thief at the right time and place could cause a lot of problems, what if i blow up the archer before he shoots?
Then the script of the quest would be broken, a strong water current sounds very hard to make, if not impossible.

Fix that by replacing those ideas with something that can be done without much possible problems, and then........ you would probably have a completely differen quest, i guess... :eek:
Akavir mod leader.
10-24-2007, 01:55 AM,

I didnt say that to be a quest i said it was a situation in wich fishing may come in handy i was refering to the program of fishing itself not the lame quest i made up in five seconds
10-24-2007, 02:04 AM,

Oh right! Big Grin

In a nutshell, this is what we have talked about before that has something to do with fish, or fishing, not much.
We once talked about a quest where the player would have to hunt a very large shark.
We have talked about adding koi and other fishies to the mod, for the purpose of fishing ofcourse.
One species of Tang Mo has to get fish from the ocean to survive, because they are not good farmers or hunters.
And we will have sushi for the Japanese Akaviri Wink

I'm not sure if we can get npc's to use nets when they are fishing, but at least they can use a fishing rod.
Akavir mod leader.
10-24-2007, 02:11 AM,

Yeah so i guess the very concept of fishing is doable or has it already been done keep in mind i mean where you equip a net(example) and press the attackk button and it sinks a bit then you feel a tug and press it again to pull in the fish(although the control form may be more right to the rod).
10-24-2007, 02:18 AM,

Well, i know fishing with a rod is possible, there is a mod for it... i think.
But fishing with a net would be awesome, and maybe it's possible, it might even use the same sort of script as the fishing rod somehow.
Akavir mod leader.
10-24-2007, 02:30 AM,

Good and I think fishing with a net and rod would have to be a bit different for example a net would cover alot of range while a rod would only cover a little spot and the fishing for Rod is really different because it requires patience where as net fishing requires good aim also a possible control for would be(hold both attack andf block buttons to throw out and keep it out there and release to pull in)
10-24-2007, 02:36 AM,

There is also spear fishing, that should be very easy to put in the mod.
Akavir mod leader.
10-24-2007, 02:37 AM,

Yeah but wouldnt that only take a modified Arrow script?
10-24-2007, 02:39 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ryu
Yeah but wouldn't that only take a modified Arrow script?

Not if the npc or player just runs or jumps into the water and kills a fish by wacking it with the spear Confusedhrug:
Akavir mod leader.