Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Design thread
08-26-2008, 01:36 PM,

Don't forget about the Progress folder. We have had a number of other people post about work that they have done that we might be able to use. I think we should go through those and see what would fit. This is a great opportunity to show off all the hard work.

I think Keilanai has also done some house models for her mod. She also has clothes that look wonderful. Shank, Flucidity, Insanity (not sure of spelling) and Corthina also have great work.

As far as the music goes, I'd like to know what you recommend mirrored. I do not know enough about how the scripting works as far as scripting the music.
08-26-2008, 04:49 PM,

I don't know either. Maybe we could just tell people to save/remove original oblivion tracks manually and add Akavir ones if we fail to script music. I'd suggest contacting some members of other mods here (Silgrad Tower?).
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
08-26-2008, 07:47 PM,

I have a thread going in the officer's lounge. I will find time to post there tonight or tomorrow morning asking for help. Thanks for that suggestion mirrored. I need to make sure of everything I need to ask for before I post or at least try to have a good idea.
08-30-2008, 07:23 PM,
RE: Game Design thread
I have started to tentatively put names in the parts of the game design post where people seem to fit the best.

I am sure I have missed some people. Please feel free to either reply or send me a P.M.
08-30-2008, 07:45 PM,
RE: Game Design thread
What structures are needed still?

I figure I can make buildings, funiture and things like that faster than more organic type stuff.

I guess a list of items wanted or needed might be helpful
08-30-2008, 07:58 PM,

MAybe you could think of what this small mod would need and Ysne could add it to the first post. Smile
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
08-31-2008, 03:31 PM,

Crossbows
Is this a good thing to add to the mod?
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
09-01-2008, 10:01 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by mirrored
I don't know either. Maybe we could just tell people to save/remove original oblivion tracks manually and add Akavir ones if we fail to script music. I'd suggest contacting some members of other mods here (Silgrad Tower?).

Oblivion has no fault free Scripts for over-riding its music. The only mod to get close is Midas Magic Spells of Aurum with his "holy chant" music in the Divine plane and even then, its a small area that you wont visit for long. It is best to make the music an extra for players who want to fully emerse themselves into akavir.
09-01-2008, 12:24 PM,

Thanks for that info exile.

Shiver as far as the crossbows go, I think we could put a link to that in the read me and let people download and try it out. I'm not sure that making that part of our mod is a good idea because of the possible conflicts that might arise.

I welcome comments from the experts here on whether actually including this is a good idea.
09-01-2008, 12:53 PM,

In my opinion, the crossbow-staves are an interesting concept. Given the right adjustment it is possible to make the mesh fit the staff holding animation (although when the player puts it on their backs, i have no ideas what that'll look like). For the sake of making Akavir a 'new' world, i say we should give it a go (in fact, i think i'll give it a whack but i make no promises).

EDIT: The Crossbow resource provides a model that is far too short to be used as a staff.
[Image: crossbowsize1.jpg]
[Image: crossbowsize2.jpg]
As you can see, it would need to be about 1.5 times in length to fit, at that point, it no longer resembles a crossbow but a staff with a string and triangle sitting at one end. I assume these will be Magic crossbows due to the absence of firing bolts. Perhaps, a larger version of the crossbow could do?