Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Design thread
09-01-2008, 03:37 PM,

I like the idea of magic crossbows. Thanks for taking a look at this Exile.
09-01-2008, 05:16 PM,
RE: Game Design thread
Okay-

So on this island are we going to introduce 1 race or more?
If just one race, I think we should stick with one thats already made.

I have a whole village modeled from a couple years ago, it needs to be textured. Do we want to use that? It's more like a small city from Edo period Japan
09-01-2008, 09:51 PM,

I think that town would be good for this mod RA.

We have a Tsaesci race with legs, two different types of Ka Po, and several Tang Mo available (thanks to Grimdeath). I had uploaded the ones I pulled together from work done by others. (All of them received credit in those mods.)

It sounds like there are several people here who can pull interiors together.

As far as scripting goes, do we want to use OBSE? If we do then OBSE would be a required mod. Let me know what you all think.

Edolsian put together two different fort dungeons for us. We could use either one and just have a second entrance on the other side of the island.

There is a new release of multi-colored glass armor that looks really good.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=19093

It comes in two different "shades". I was thinking that if we decide to go with a glass armor, this is unique enough that it would fit nicely.
09-01-2008, 11:08 PM,

I've already started texturing the city. It's a huge city, so I'll post in my progress folder every few buildings I complete so we can decide when enough is enough.

Interiors for these city buildings will go somewhat fast. I can literally flip the models inside out. Of course we have to decorate and such though.

Do we need OBSE? I do not script hardly at all, so I'm not one to ask. Do we need scripts that are only accomplished with OBSE?

I do like that glass armor. When we use other peoples mods, do we incorporate them in our mod as a whole, or do we just say "so and so mod is needed for this mod"?

Just so I'm clear on things:

Tsaesci- Snake like people right? What type of houses do they live in?
Do we have any structures for them?

Ka Po & Tang Mo- Ape people? Are they going to live in the bamboo huts I made?

The city I'm making- will that be for knife blossom or whatever or are they out of the picture?

I also think if nobody currently in this mod can rig new armor, we/I could do some new retextures of Oblivons.
09-02-2008, 12:57 AM,

Ka Po are the tiger like race.
Tang Mo are the monkey like race.
Tsaesci are the snake-men.

The island won't be real huge so a smallish town is plenty. I think we will want at least one general store.

I think either you or Keilanai had done some work on a shrine of somekind. We could use that instead of a full blown temple.

I'm thinking of the village/town as a port/trading town with primarily Tang Mo and Ka Po residents.

The Tsaesci would be trying to expand their empire and possibly have an encampment on the opposite side of the island.

The empire would have a fort/different outpost that they currently occupy. There would also be an abandoned fort opening into a cave system with an exit on the other side of the island.

Regarding using that armor, we can just merge that esp in with ours and add the textures and meshes into any files we upload. All we need is to get permission from the author.

As far as a release date goes, I saw a post from Shiver-Tail suggesting a December release date.

Do you all think that is a reasonable deadline for this mod? If not, then what would be doable?

The quest that brings the player to the island would be the conflict between the empire and the snakepeople.

We could come up with at least one side quest involving the Tang Mo and another involving the Ka Po races.
09-02-2008, 05:54 AM,

Best deadline for mods: When it's done. Wink
09-02-2008, 07:04 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by LPS_
Agreed.
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
09-02-2008, 07:40 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by mirrored
Quote:Originally posted by LPS_
Agreed.

I reckon we should use a rough deadline like december but nothing set in stone Smile
09-02-2008, 08:08 AM,

I do believe if you have a target, then things are more likely to move along than if you just say, its done when its done. Decemeber seems fine to me.

As for OBSE, i do not belive it should be used. OBSE requirements only closes the popularity of the project (notice that there are hardly any popular mods that require OBSE?). As probably the main scripter in the project (hopefully not the only one in the future), OBSE just provides some nifty specific functions but considering the relatively simple nature of the mod, i'm pretty sure we wont need it.
09-02-2008, 04:10 PM,

is there sumthing we cud do to make the imperial port or whatever were having build up over time like raven rock ????? becuz i cant really see you arrive on this island and by chance theres an imperial fort ????