Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glok-Chuba?
05-30-2009, 06:28 PM,

Great! That's one of the more interesting things on my 'to do' list then....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-23-2009, 02:21 PM,

Does anyone know what happened to this in the end? Are we going to make use of it or not?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
07-23-2009, 11:44 PM,

I still have the resource in mind. I'm just not hurrying to get Glok-Chuba sorted because I wanted to make sure it looked right. The idea of Rickious' vast stump model is still in my mind and I'd like to go with that, if at all possible. It would be quite unique. Anyway, if this is used, it would probably be as a kind of 'eggshell home' so obviously there would be a need to retexture it (although the eggshell might be a little less like chicken egg and more like frogspawn or leathery reptile egg).
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
07-29-2009, 07:19 PM,

Tlo1048 suggested using the Valenwood modder's resource a short while back and I wasn't sure whether it fitted or not but, having browsed through both it and the Telvanni tileset by JonSatrianni at my leisure today, I thought it would be entirely possible to create another interior city using some of these meshes. There would certainly be a need to retexture to some degree so as to make it more 'amphibious' i.e. much of the base would have to be knee-deep in water (or more).

All we would then need is an access point in the form of a very large stump (the entry to Fort Farragut is good but it would be better if it was wider....although many stumps is an option....) and a large interior model similar to Sachiel's cave interior that was perhaps a little wider and contained a few more pools, kind of like rockpools for the Paatru to bathe in....possibly even an adjoining swimmable tunnel....
08-23-2009, 09:13 PM,

Get ready for some awesomeness from Koniption! She's currently working on the Paatru village of Glok Chuba and what I've seen so far is astounding. We normally prefer to work via PM so you don't get to see some of the things that go on and I'd prefer not to post up any screenshots just yet because I'd quite like to have the full thing ready first. Nevertheless, Glok-Chuba is officially in development and looking pretty sweet... =)
08-23-2009, 09:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Get ready for some awesomeness from Koniption! She's currently working on the Paatru village of Glok Chuba and what I've seen so far is astounding. We normally prefer to work via PM so you don't get to see some of the things that go on and I'd prefer not to post up any screenshots just yet because I'd quite like to have the full thing ready first. Nevertheless, Glok-Chuba is officially in development and looking pretty sweet... =)

SCREENIE PLZ! Big Grin

Seriously,i wanna see the first Paatru village...... NOW!

Smile

`SN
08-23-2009, 09:29 PM,

Patience, my trollish friend! =)

I forgot to mention another matter concerning the dungeons. KP's whip vines and 'fibrillating polyps' are now available in the archive for use in dungeon modding. The whip vines are branches a little like the Harrada roots and can be found inside Barsaebic ruins. Alternatively, we have retextured variations that can be found inside the dead rootworms and take the form of rogue, twitching muscles instead.

With both varieties, it is possible to shoot them down so as to no longer be hurt by them but they're pretty vicious and will damage you if you touch them. KP had considered developing a whip vine with some very unusual properties but there were some issues with it. Nevertheless, it may end up appearing some day....we could use another dungeon so please be on the lookout for stuff appearing.

The dead rootworm near Sloughpoint is unfinished, as is the ruin of Mokumalata which lies in the middle of the Lake to the East of Tenmar Wall. Both of these only consist of one level so they're ripe for a fresh boost of modding. Whereas the Marsh Elf capital of Xarphyrial located in Longharrow Lagoon is also still up for grabs.
08-23-2009, 09:43 PM,

Hmm it sounds pretty interesting,where will be Rootworms?

And where you can travel with them? To major cities?

`SN
08-23-2009, 11:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
[...] With both varieties, it is possible to shoot them down so as to no longer be hurt by them but they're pretty vicious and will damage you if you touch them. KP had considered developing a whip vine with some very unusual properties but there were some issues with it. [...]

Actually, because the barbs are still on the vines even after you shoot them down, they'll still hurt the player if the player steps on them. The whip vines are a continuous hazard, whether alive or dead, and this was intended. The player has to strategically choose whether he wants to deal with them alive or dead - each side has its pros and cons, especially depending on where the vines are placed.

I have put the whip vine "specialty item" on the backburner for now. Will try to work on it more later.

Ah, so Ibsen has decided to reveal that I'm working on the Paatru settlement. Yes, it looks pretty nice, with what I have so far. However, I also vote not to show any screens on the forum until I'm pretty much done with everything.

@ Senten - Ibsen will decide where to put the rootworms. And yes, they will be used for travel. I've been working on the script for the rootworm travel, but I've yet to test it. I did try to test it at one point, but I messed up the Dialogue section in the CS (I deleted some Dialogue - whoooops!) and ruined my esp for testing. I need to eventually set up my test areas again, and retry without ruining the Dialogue section. Also, because all the locations to travel to are not quite done yet, that means those particular rootworms are not placed in those locations yet. I need all rootworm placement finalized so I can add those locations to the script.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-24-2009, 09:22 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
...those particular rootworms are not placed in those locations yet. I need all rootworm placement finalized so I can add those locations to the script...

Aha! Sounds like something I should put on my 'to do' list. I've held off from doing this until I finalise plans on how to incorporate the rootworms. As you advised, it might be best off for the FPS to put rootworms inside their own special 'burrows' so I think it best to do this for most of them (although the idea of the occasional rootworm out in the open is too good to miss!). This means deciding on an appropriate model for keeping the rootworm in. I'm currently set on using Sachiel's mini-tileset. I think that would be best for the job. These are the ones that will use Senten's mangrove texture on the inside to create the swampy/dirty effect...