Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glok-Chuba?
08-24-2009, 09:54 AM,

I have an idea for travelling.

So the Rootworm travelling.

I read the book of Waughin Jarth (The Argonian Account) it was a very interesting one.

If im right,when scott get inside of the worm,then he feeled strange.

So,what about,when the player get inside of Rootworm,then he will be unconsicous by the strange gases and etc. Then a loading screen pop up,and he will wake up when you arrived.

That's just an idea,of course you don't have to use it. Wink

`SN
08-24-2009, 11:10 AM,

Yeah, that's a possibility. It depends on what KP comes up with as a script but we could well use maybe a text message of that sort....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-21-2009, 06:20 PM,

I talked with Koniption and decided that it was time to start releasing development shots for Glok-Chuba which she (KP) has been diligently working on for quite some time now. The results are looking pretty spectacular, I'm sure you'll agree.

However, the textures are not decided upon entirely at the present time and I'm certainly giving some thought to the current 'cave' texture. Likewise, the architecture may not look quite so clear until the full settlement is constructed.

To give you an idea of how this is going to work, here's a description: Glok-Chuba will be accessed via a large, hollow stump. By diving into this goo-filled stump, you will sink through into the hollow root and emerge from the top of the 'cave', falling through the membrane and into a large, cavernous pool where the Paatru often bathe (see the 1st screenshot).

The stump interior is likely to feature things like glowing fungi / mucous besides plenty of BM's own fungus varieties, plus I'll be adding a much more 'mucoid' water texture. Likewise, the architectural exteriors feature both egg-like 'sacs' and what KP describes as 'buger' houses that attach to walls and ceiling by means of translucent fibres (see screenshots 2, 3 and 4). You should also see some windows that are somewhat akin to a certain orifice you have on your body that 'passes' things through them (ahem!) and acts as both windows and (hopefully) interior lifts.

The interiors themselves are designed to feature low-level 'baths' for the Paatru to wallow in and are normally multi-levelled. The 'buger' houses are likely to have those special lifts I mentioned earlier whilst the 'egg' houses are low-roofed with ramps for access. Some of these creations are rather large and resemble a series of eggs that have been fused together. Doors appear in the form of a kind of frog-skin parchment (see screenshots 5, 6, 7 and 8).

Finally, KP has recently worked on connecting tunnels that might well join up with Sachiel's cave tileset and allow for extra 'communal' bathing pools beside underwater access to hidden 'extras', exits and possibly even adjoining dungeons.... (see screenshots 9 and 10).

This is still a work in progress but I have to wholeheartedly commend Koniption's efforts and skills! :goodjob:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]