Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God,A quest idea (Dead)
05-22-2006, 07:48 AM,
God,A quest idea (Dead)
A band of Ogres or any "stupid" huminoid has been ravaging a nearby village,Led by a sorcerer who is tricking them that he is a god using his powers and summoning deadra you must infriltrate his lair , a hollowed out giant tree and kill him and somehow lead the ogres away or kill all the ogres. You must be on the lookout for a group of mecernarys are tryinmg to kill the wizard too
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
05-23-2006, 07:12 PM,

good seed, now we need to let it sprout roots...

how about, this wizard, who had traveled all the way to Argonia to learn from a famous shaman, was offended by the Argonian shaman who said he knew nothing of true magic
this wizard went off to become a conjurer, and the Argonian continued to provide healing and quidance for his tribe. However the wizard, thinking that true magic was destruction and conjuration (of course because he was blinded by his shame and anger) and so he returns thirty years later with a small ogre army, some thugs, and makes a lair.
An argonian in that village recognizes him and says that he has returned, and had dug up the shaman's grave and desecrated it, but the Argonians of this tribe were not particularly good warriors and needed someone to git rid of their problem...

anyone want to help this seed grow leaves and a stem?
its already taken root....
05-23-2006, 08:08 PM,

Like the basic idea very much, and the revenge concept can work (as there has ato be a reason, be it revenge, greed or even a problem in the wizard's own head that is never fully revealed.) But I wonder if 'an army of ogres' might be more in the minds of the villagers than in the actual numbers...

Where would all this take place? In an Imperial area, or deeper into the black Marshes?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
05-23-2006, 08:11 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Like the basic idea very much, and the revenge concept can work (as there has ato be a reason, be it revenge, greed or even a problem in the wizard's own head that is never fully revealed.) But I wonder if 'an army of ogres' might be more in the minds of the villagers than in the actual numbers...

Where would all this take place? In an Imperial area, or deeper into the black Marshes?
probably close to Imperial-Argonian border... this guy had to convince a bunch of ogres so I mean, he probably didn't want to be too deep in the marshes when/if the ogres revolt... I mean they could and they aren;t exactly the most loyal guys out there....

HEY! that's an idea! what about the player bribing or convincing the ogres to revolt as a possible part of the quest so instead o frisking your life so much, liet the ogres weaken the wizard a bit and kill off his thugs and you can go in, kill the mad man and get everyone's praise! (then deal with the ogres)
05-23-2006, 10:35 PM,

And if you conjour something better than the sorcerer than trhe ogres join you because they think your'e a god and he is just a dmi-god
05-24-2006, 12:33 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Remux Dreadfire
And if you conjour something better than the sorcerer than trhe ogres join you because they think your'e a god and he is just a dmi-god
yeah! maybe the village shaman, a successor of the old one can gather some Hist-sap and prepare it specially and then have you give it to the ogres.... who will be drugged by it and follow your orders for awhile...?
I love when ideas come together!
05-24-2006, 07:14 AM,

No what I meant was the sorcerer and you are on a big arena wityh thye ogres around and he summons a zombie and you summon a deadra suddennly they think "the newcomers is a true god, Ouur old leader is only a demi-god. Lets join the true god and kill his enemy our old leader" than you introduce them to the hist and this band of ogres turn good instead of man eating beasts. Oh yeah these could be naga,Pautru or any other big, dumb and intimadating huminoid race that eat people and like gold.
05-25-2006, 01:05 AM,

I wish you guys wouldn't just assume Nagas and Paatru and such are "dumb"... X(
05-25-2006, 09:40 AM,

Sorry buut just me but I think they should have less smarts and more brawn
05-25-2006, 09:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Remux Dreadfire
Sorry buut just me but I think they should have less smarts and more brawn
well, Nagas are good ambushers hence their extremely effective banditry in the past... they probably have a good intelligence coming from their hunting lifestyle.... although I do believe that they'd rather kill than talk it out Big Grin

Paatru and Sarpa, it is hard to tell, but we can assume they are sentient....
then again goblins are too, and they aren't THAT bright...