Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good and bad news
05-06-2009, 09:07 PM,
Good and bad news
The bad news: I have discovered today that the CS of oblivion is malfunctioning. It's suffering from bsa issues. Not only some files from the silgrad tower bsa are missing, but also files from the vanilla bsa. I have reinstalled the CS and the problem stays.
The good news: the cause problems aren't related to the silgrad tower bsa. There are no problems when i play oblivion, except with silgrad tower.
05-06-2009, 09:53 PM,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, blackbird. Sad

I don't know if it's any consolation but in late 2007 (I believe) I made the disastrous choice to install FaceGen on my computer and that screwed up the Construction Set royally. Ultimately I had to reinstall Windows to get the CS to work again. Between backing stuff up and reinstalling all my programs I spent a whole week getting back to where I was.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-06-2009, 10:24 PM,

hm, are you sure its not a problem with your computer? i seem to remember a similar thread about the morrowind CS, maybe something is messing with them both.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
05-06-2009, 10:28 PM,

Just a suggestion is your .ini file upto date?
05-07-2009, 10:09 AM,

@LN: 1. The problems with MW were different. There were no missing meshes. The CS didn't crash to desktop.
2. The problem with the MW CS has been solved. It was a light which caused the problems.
3. I don't feel like reinstalling windows for one game which can't run properly.

@Zurke: What do you mean? I guess so. I have unpacked every object in the data files folder and there are no references of the bsa's in the ini files.
05-07-2009, 12:29 PM,

I meant the .ini file in 'documents\my games \oblivion' (I use windows 2000 on my desktop) not the one in your data directory. It should reference the ST bsa, ST LOD bsa, ST SOUND bsa. It may a longshot but if you cannot find another reason it is worth a try.

Copied from the BSA page:

Find the line that reads:
SArchiveList=Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

Change the line to:
SArchiveList=Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Silgrad_Tower.bsa, Silgrad_Tower_sound.bsa, Silgrad_Tower_lod.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa
05-09-2009, 10:09 PM,

I have done this and it didn't work either. As a I already said: some vanilla objects don't want to appear too.
05-09-2009, 11:11 PM,

Even tough you cheked the .ini files in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion

could you post them here so i or someone else could compare them to their own, just in case that might be the broblem after all.

In that folder path is a file called ConstructionSet wich is the CS's settings file that tells where it reads BSA's from jsut like the game's. This file does not get deleted when you re-install the CS. If there and could be the source of your broblems.

Also one thing you can try is to first un-install the CS and the Game itself, then delete all folders relating to the Game, including My Documents\My Games\Oblivion and all its content. re-boot your PC and re-install from scratch.
05-15-2009, 09:02 PM,

I don't believe there's anything wrong with the ini. The only thing I can try is a complete reinstall of Oblivion.
As I said before, the CS can't show vanilla objects (I guess the CS can't even show an errormarker).
05-21-2009, 12:18 PM,

I'll upload my 2 ini's, but I doubt you'll find something.DUe the extraction of every ST item, the bsa's will be not available in the file.