Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphic Art
04-20-2008, 11:50 PM,

uhh, i can try something im a very good at drawing human anatomy.
Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
-End Quote- Savage Garden
BusterWolF
04-21-2008, 12:09 AM,

Well, maybe a quick sketch just to portray my thoughts!... :lmao:

Note the goblin warlord torso in a pool of blood. A bulging sack of coins, the girl's obvious 'need' for this 'hero' and her almost fainting as his heroism! Ignore the quality though, I'm ashamed, I could do better but I won't unless nobody else gets around to this... And apologies for the piggy nose on the girl! tis just a v.vquick portrayal of a thought.

Ed.Rw 2009-06-07: I uploaded a copy of the image to silgradtower.net to make the link future-safe.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
04-21-2008, 01:14 AM,

:lol: thats is funny.
They usually use sex appeal to lure in customers Tongue
[A Model Drawing by me]
And this one, using mis-lead information for recruitment.
[Image: th_poster2.jpg]
Hope u like it.
Maybe it's intuition
Like in your eyes
And there it goes
BusterWolF
04-21-2008, 09:05 AM,

I like the posed Redoran warrior sketch a lot! You (Rickious) said it was a quick sketch and that we should ignore the quality, so it's hard to know what to give feedback on. I'll give it a shot anyway even though I'm sure you were already aware of it. I thought the legs of the Redoran warrior were a bit too long, and that the kneecap could use some more definition and 3d effect. The lady clinging to him should probably have wider hips to strengthen the feminine impression. And lastly maybe it would look cool if there was a shadow effect going 'into' the drawing, like if it started at the Redoran warrior's and the lady's feet and then went up and to the right behing them, strengthening the perspective by showing the viewer where the ground is. Still, I do like the scene a lot and I think it'll make for a great poster art when finished :goodjob:

Nice work on the Fighters Guild sketch, BusterWolF! Personally I'd love to see a version of it used as poster art. But I think the handdrawn text makes it look too modern. Perhaps you could replace it with font lettering? Other than that I think it's nigh-on perfect.

I also think that both the Redoran poster and the Fighters Guild poster do need those columns of illegible text I mentioned in another post of this thread, the same kind of text as the Gray Fox wanted poster has. As great as the poster art and titles may be the player simply needs more information than they can convey, information about how to join and where to find the guild headquarters and so on. It would also be handy if activating the poster meant the player would get a compass marker showing the way to the guild and that can only be done (easily) if the poster can be read the same way the wanted poster can. The Redoran poster wouldn't have needed it if the graphic showed the palace because then the player would know directly what building to look for, so the poster wouldn't need to act like a readable scroll.

Anyhow, keep up the good work guys :goodjob:
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-21-2008, 09:14 AM,

yes, i know exactly what u mean razorwing. This is just a referance, its not like your going to be doing this exactly but it gives us an idea. Ill make a proper banner in PS and give a adaquete example. :yes:

And since the redoran uses bonemold as there material how about i feature the bonemold armour the ST team did? permission granted? i think this is what Steinaech was talking about...right? This way i can make an army of Hlaalu guards that needs YOU!
Maybe it's intuition
Like in your eyes
And there it goes
BusterWolF
04-21-2008, 09:17 AM,

Raz, this sketch of mine would be completely scrapped as for me the quality is about 2 out of 100! lol

Sounds like you want a proper version though so i will get to it. I may need a life-model for the warrior and the woman so will get me wife on the job of both just for the anatomy aspect. Agreed with all comments and can probably add a few. Can you let me know what he needs to be wearing and if poss point me to examples.

Definitely make the poster trigger a map marker. Great idea! And applicable to a few styles of poster/flyer/advert etc. trigger quest and journal entry or map marker depending on relevance.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-21-2008, 09:27 AM,

Great :goodjob:

Here's a screenshot of how Redoran guards look in 3d:
[Image: th_RedoranGuard.jpg]
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-21-2008, 12:49 PM,

What advertisement will we use to attract the female NPC's?
04-21-2008, 01:06 PM,

A powerfull, proud looking woman in uniform, stood on a dead male outlaw or minotaur. any other suggestions?
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-21-2008, 09:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
WHat advertisement will we use to attract the female NPC's?

WWII spinoff's can easily be made to fulfill that.

As for what Razorwing said, I believe the posters should just ad a compass marker. I would like that the posters function the same as they do in the real world. I believe that if the player was interested he could inquire a guard about where the guild is, or he can just look for the fighters guild sign. Or I could rework the poster to say where to go for it. I just really dislike the idea of activating the poster and it telling you more information than what is actually there.