Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphic Art
04-21-2008, 09:54 PM,

Steinaech, think Razorwing meant that the visible poster had illegible smallprint at the bottom. when clicked on and the game shows the close up you can read it all.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
04-21-2008, 11:16 PM,

Still, I feel the player should just be able to look at it, get it, and go.
04-22-2008, 01:09 AM,

If help is needed to turn the drawing into a dds texture let me know. I'm getting familiar with all those normal and specular maps and stuff so feel free to ask.

I can also add some gimp filters if needed, such as the ones I used in this screenshot (obvilously too frightning for a recruitement add, but still it shows some possible effects).
04-22-2008, 10:07 AM,

I think there are two perks to having illegible text on the "join a guild" poster textures. One is that it lets us conveniently change the legible text in the book poster, maybe because a circumstance has changed or maybe because we'd like to use the poster for more purposes - such as giving directions to a guildhall in another city. Two, we'd be able to fit more text in a book poster than could be legible on the texture. So that kind of posters would be ideal for giving detailed information that can also change a lot from town to town or because a parameter changes down the line, such as the guildhall being moved to somewhere else.

However not all posters have to be about joining a guild. A poster could be an advertisement too, with a text like for instance "The Fighters Guild - keeping Reich Parkeep safe forever!" Then the player would know from a glance that the message is that there is a Fighters Guild guildhall in Reich Parkeep and that he should go there if he wish to learn more. (But that's just a random example from the top of my head.)

But in either case I look forward to putting all posters to good use in Soluthis and I'm sure some of them will turn up in other towns too Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-22-2008, 10:34 AM,

Yea, i think these should be implemented in any civilised town or settlement thats large enough to need directions, then some can be placed in inns in the middle of nowhere too. On the trunk of a tree near a crossroads etc.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
04-22-2008, 01:31 PM,

I suppose there's no objection to have different ones? So here is mine, I tried to make it less frightning...

What do you think?
04-22-2008, 02:30 PM,

Just a thought: Dunmer alphabet where appropriate (Redoran for sure, Hlaalu depending on their intended audience) and Latin (Imperial) alphabt for the guilds and Empire-related stuff. Admittedly, I don't know f there are good Daedric/Dunmer alphabet resources out there.

Just thinking out loud,
Steve
04-22-2008, 02:31 PM,

i really, really, really, like it :yes: It looks like it has quality and u placed it at a really suitable place.
:goodjob: exellent.
Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
-End Quote- Savage Garden
BusterWolF
04-22-2008, 03:03 PM,

To SACarrow: Yeah but the message must be understood by any adventurer passing by, so I suppose they prefered to print it in the most common language.

To BusterWolF: I placed the poster heading west to make the afternoon sun shining on the specular map Wink no other reason lol.
As for quality it's a 512x512 texture so for such a small piece of paper maybe is it too much. But still it would allow to stretch the poster on a larger scale, just like those adds we all have along our roads. Might be a great addition for the shopping mall :lmao:
04-22-2008, 09:23 PM,

SACarrow: There's a Daedric font thingy here link

In regards to the use of the posters, only for my personal preference, any poster I make will have all information listed such as this one I made yesterday for the IC.

[Image: Weapons_and_Armor_Ad_by_Steinaech.jpg]