Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great House War - Armies & Divisions
10-08-2006, 02:48 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Saint Twidus
Oops, sorry about all those mistakes. Don't post like what?
it's ok...
and I meant you're post was really disorganized, wasn't sure what the point was or if you were just commenting :yes:
10-08-2006, 03:26 AM,

Ok, sorry to get off-topic, but what's the Dreugh mod? I forgot which game I was talking about when I was talking about slavery.
I like the way the Helseth Alliance and the House League were set up. I didn't know about there being any goblins, or a mass of Orcs in the northern hills. Sounds good though.
Which one has more of a military power, in numbers and type of person, the Helseth Alliance or the House League?
For what reason does the House League have the Argonians and Orcs?
What about the other guilds, like the Theives' and Fighters' Guilds?
-Saint Twidus, of Saints Co. Ltd. of Vvardenfell
10-08-2006, 03:49 AM,

I've already answered the question of Thieves and Fighters...

as for Orcs and Argonians... I am actually considering changing things around... but you'll all see...
this list of Helseth Alliance and House League, it is not final... but it gives you an idea...

the northern orcs may side with Redoran, the Argonians maybe with Hlaalu...
but most of these were Hlaalu slaves at first and suffered much before release...

so alliances may change... I am thinking about writing up a draft of the Great House War part of the main quest
10-08-2006, 04:08 AM,

Okay, thanks for answering the questions. My first post was so dis-organized, I even couldn't find if I had posted that about the Guilds, sorry.
-Saint Twidus, of Saints Co. Ltd. of Vvardenfell
12-02-2006, 05:19 PM,

Hey Kukulza I just had an idea this morning in each of the Commanders Room theres a list who is in there division. Such as like Ald-ruhn Shield Wall Wolverine Hall Blockade and the Ebonheart Royal Guard.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
12-03-2006, 02:42 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Hey Kukulza I just had an idea this morning in each of the Commanders Room theres a list who is in there division. Such as like Ald-ruhn Shield Wall Wolverine Hall Blockade and the Ebonheart Royal Guard.
hmmm...
please explain more...

I was intending more like just the factions' leaders...

but youy are saying to include also particular commanders?
like the generals in the armies, the advisors, the councilors, etc.?
12-03-2006, 07:16 PM,

Well ok says theres an Imperial named Commander Sean. And in his room there is a list who is in his army.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
12-03-2006, 07:17 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Well ok says theres an Imperial named Commander Sean. And in his room there is a list who is in his army.
I see... not a bad idea :goodjob:
of course someones gonna come up with all the names and stuff right...? Big Grin

but I understand what you mean
12-05-2006, 12:03 PM,

Quote:KuKulZa: "and the declining Fighters Guild and Legion have been joined in Vvardenfell by decree of the Duke (Vedam Dren) to form a Guard Guild that provides government guards for a fee. This ensures Dren's influence, a government guard instead of House ones which will increase nationalism and conflict, and also provides a small flow of cash. Also helps prevent helseth's forces from gaining all infuence over Imperial/Hlaalu areas."

This does not make sense to me. What you seem to be implying is that Duke Vedam Dren is rebelling against the Empire.

The Legions are the Imperial Army. Anyone interfering with them would be seen as a rebel, hunted down and executed - even if it required raising an army to do that. The Legion Commanders are aware of this, and would arrest the Duke on the spot.

It would seem that you are trying to impose the bankrupt policies of politics and denationalisation of modern politics onto the Imperial Military. That does not work.

Historically I can remember only two major instances of the collapse of a major Empire in the space of decades = the mongol retreat for the funeral rights on the death of their leader, and the disassembly of the British Empire (which happened under the threat of nuclear bombardment) and the Empire covers the entire continent of Tamriel = where does the pressure come from?

Internal partizanship is one thing, but this goes way beyond using the Legions. This is usurpation of Imperial Authority. Does Vedam Dren intend to be the next Emperor, or is he just trying to commit suicide?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
12-05-2006, 07:52 PM,

He is using the resources available to him...
think of it this way...

the Fighters Guild is in a mess, leadership almost gone, many members dead, not very popular...
Legion... many now controlled by Helseth, some might've resigned when they saw Helseth taking control...

in Duke Veda Dren's point of view... he sees this being a disaster. No strong Fighters Guild means no strong Imperializing mercenary force in the hireling trade that can stomp out more illegal types and maintain general security. A Legion now more loyal to a crafty and brutal king means the respect the legions have worked so hard to gain is going to soon be replaced by fear and hatred once more.
the Duke wants security. And he is willing to take the remains of the Legions he controlled and the Fighters Guild and try to make a new group that will provide security, the Imperial Guards. They will be government sponsored and try to get the Dunmer people to trust in their defensive and security motives rather than using local strongmen or using Morag Tong, etc.

basically... the Duke was very influencial and powerful before, now Helseth is on the rise, the Duke has alliegence with him, but DOESN'T want to see war come to Vvardenfell... and with Helseth controlling and retraining the Legions... war will come..... the three Great Houses on Vvardenfell had a respect for Duke Vedam Dren, he kept peace between them and did not show much favoritism even though he would be expected to being Hlaalu and an Imperial position. However the Redoran don't like Helseth, the Hlaalu do but can be suspicious nevetheless and the Telvanni want nothing to do with him...