Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great House War - Armies & Divisions
12-06-2006, 12:10 PM,

Great reasoning. The Imperials will invade.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
12-06-2006, 09:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
:confused: I don't know what you mean...
do you mean I have good reasoning (that I came up for what i felt the Duke would do) or you being sarcastic?
12-07-2006, 03:07 AM,

What about the Ordinators they have lots of Guys maybe like

Main Column

Second Column

Reserves?
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
12-07-2006, 03:09 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
What about the Ordinators they have lots of Guys maybe like

Main Column

Second Column

Reserves?
they won't be fighting in this war...

in the MQ...
there;s a bigger war coming up that'll rock Vvardenfell from Red Mt. to the foundations of the island's bedrock... and this war isn;t all soldiers and battles, its on a scale larger, both physically, mentally, and spiritually...
or mytheopically?
12-08-2006, 12:45 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
do you mean I have good reasoning (that I came up for what I felt the Duke would do) or you being sarcastic?

What I am saying is that from the point of view of a rebel this is fine, but the Imperials will see it as rebellion. Orders will be sent removing Duke Dren immediately, he will be arrested or assassinated (as convenient) etc. This is not something that the Imperials can ignore.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

12-08-2006, 01:27 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
do you mean I have good reasoning (that I came up for what I felt the Duke would do) or you being sarcastic?

What I am saying is that from the point of view of a rebel this is fine, but the Imperials will see it as rebellion. Orders will be sent removing Duke Dren immediately, he will be arrested or assassinated (as convenient) etc. This is not something that the Imperials can ignore.
though he's their best hope for keeping Vvardenfell peaceful and
productive...
while Helseth isn't exactly a good king for peace...

Duke Vedam Dren is gonna do what he feels is best...
and often times in history, folks do such things but are ahead of their time, or their masters fear their abilities and try to suppress them though their efforts are all for the glory of their association or masters...
12-08-2006, 12:05 PM,

Like I said: If Dren successfully usurps the legions in Vvardenfell, and the Imperials invade. If the Imperials do not make a major effort to delete this threat to the Empire then major rebellions break out over the whole of Tamriel. Because the Legions are the Empire.

But Dren has never seen major combat with the Legions. He is a political appointee and the Legions are made of non-Dunmer Imperials, so they crucify Den themselves, and blame it on: their least favorite person (possibly Fargoth.) Big Grin

Anyhows, congrats on your scenario that turns Dren into the next Saviour. Hope he enjoys his cruxifiction. :one eyebrow-raised.gif:
Steven Erikson.

12-09-2006, 12:41 AM,

and maybe Dren is willing to do this?

I mean considering we have this Guild, this means the badly shaped Legions and the Fighters Guild are now inducted into a group called the Imperial Guard. This is a prestigous group. Duke Vedam Dren is the Elder Council's best chance to keep peace on Vvardenfell. Helseth is loyal but his methods and agendas aren't all in line with what the Empire wants, he is just willing to go to wars and use Imperial Legions.

One reason, a very important reason why they won't suppress the Duke, is because the legions were under his control anyhow. As the Duke is tels the Legions what to do. And he coordinates with the Legion general as to how to best keep the place secure. He is not making a new faction per-say but retraining and giving them a new purpose. Instead of being the iron-fist that keeps people in-line, he wants the combined Fighters Guild and Legion to be a protective group to keep peace.

I understand where you are coming from, but as I read up on Cyrodiilic history, usually benefactors aren't killed, and rebellious people are. And when Duke Vedam Dren is the Empire's only reliable leader in Vvardenfell, I don't think they wanna kill him. Plus, how will they enforce? What Legions do they have in Morrowind? those are all Helseth's.
and can Helseth stop the Duke? perhaps not since the Duke is a very popular figure, the Duke is loyal to him, and the Duke promotes the welfare of the people, can Helseth openly say he doesn't? No, or he'll get attacked.

but it's good we see both sides... though I don't think Dren will be crucified, he'll be criticized for sure and watched, but if he is being watched then Helseth should be killed. Only I don't think the Cyrodiil government can enforce their laws out in Vvardenfell without straining their resources and leaving other provinces lightly secured
12-09-2006, 11:14 AM,

getting better...

What, no resources, no resources - then the assassins are sent in. Hmmm, wonder why are the Blades called blades?

Imagine what the US would do if some general decided to sell off or rent out their troops? Especially if they were under attack.

If Den set up his own faction that would be one thing, but what you are proposing is treason... open and irrevocable.

On that basis his own commanders have authority to arrest and execute him.

Helseth does not have the Legions. Helseth is an Imperial puppet as far as they are concerned, and King of Morrowind. That is why he has his personal guard - because although the Legions recognise his authority as King of Morrowind and ruler of the Dunmer and will act to support that rule according to Imperial policy, that is all they will do.

The Legions have no interest in being Dunmer themselves, all their officers' connections (with the possible exception of the Argonian Legion) are in other areas of the Empire (and esp Cyrodiil) and they do not forget this.

Natch there are individuals who willl betray their people and all kinds of corruption, but... unless the Empire decides to let go the whole of their Empire they have to respond to usurpation, and Dren and Helseth know this.
Steven Erikson.

12-09-2006, 02:17 PM,

Helseth can say "there is unrest and violence on Vvardenfell Legion go go go!"
and so can Duke Vedam Dren... granted they can't control the per say, thats for the generals

as for the Blades they answer only to the Emperor as they as his bodyguards and eventually guarding the Emperor meant also spying on others to keep emperor safe from foreigners who could harm his intewntions...

as there is no Emperor... Blades aren't gonna do anything, they'll just keep info and protect themselves and blend in...