Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hammerfell
02-11-2010, 05:22 PM,

very well, actually. i do bi-weekly updated on the BSF, so thats probably the best place to keep track of the project day-to-day.

i've mostly been fixing up goldmoor and doing small things most people will never notice. Recently I finished fixing up interiors made under TR, so I will be merging those along side those made for the new project soon. After that i'll pass the new esm on to Herenius, who does our AI work. Considering we're still deficient on modelers (those who volunteered are either busy or just disappeared) i'll probably put up a new batch of interiors that will look ok with what we have now.

Corten claims are also going pretty well, Shadowbeast in particular is making great progress. I'm still having shit tons of trouble with getting Helkori generated (grass is perfect, but rock suck. or rocks are perfect and flowers suck. can't figure out the system). I might just run it in parts, with separate regions for grass, rocks, trees, etc. might be messy but at least it will get done. of course if there is someone willing to do it or help me to do it i'd be eternally greatefull.

the other big thing on my plate is fixing the random, rather inexplicable landscape and texture errors the esm is prone to. i honestly have no idea whats causing them, but i'll keep looking. if i can't find the cause i'll just have to fix them as they come up Confusedhrug:
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
02-11-2010, 07:16 PM,

From my (admittedly limited) experience of region generation it looks like generating the rocks and plants separately is the way to go. Deleting the odd plant spawning inside a rock is probably easier than struggling through all the bugs of the region editor.

I'm going on holiday for the next week, but if you like I'll take a look at it sometime after I get back?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-12-2010, 01:39 AM,

if i dont get it by then, sure. it seems that the percent values of different items affect each other (% of all items, as opposed to % of total land), which means that getting one stage perfect will throw it off when you add more parameters. its that or the CS just hates me, which could also be the case Tongue

02-22-2010, 11:50 AM,

So, how did it go in the end?

I managed to find a great video about the finer points of region editing which I can link you to if you'd like (I bookmarked the site on my other computer and can't remember it right now, sorry).

02-22-2010, 02:56 PM,

i've got the grass generated fine, and ran a buffer region in colovian highlands. i'm going to mess around with it some more myself for the time being, as i'm making all sorts of stylistic and organizational choices which would probably be hard to explain. do link the vid.

02-22-2010, 06:35 PM,

Try as I might, I just couldn't find the original website, so I reuploaded it:

http://www.filefront.com/15654465/BXXReg...ial01.rar/

The best part is when he goes through many of the bugs that affect the region generator. Of course, you're most likely already aware of these, but it's a good reminder all the same.

02-23-2010, 06:48 AM,

It's a good tutorial, please check my comments in the tutorial section.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-24-2010, 01:44 AM,

thanks, i'll look at it this weekend

03-01-2010, 02:33 PM,

Did you find the video helpful?

03-01-2010, 04:17 PM,

havent goten a chance to look at it, sorry. its getting awefully close to midterms, so i'm spending a lot more time doing school stuff. i'll report progress when i make it.