Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone heard about....
04-17-2007, 11:37 PM,
Has anyone heard about....
The shooting at Virginia Tech? I thought someone would've mentioned it by now.

I've heard a lot of varied numbers of victims.... 30, 29, 32, 33. I'm not sure anymore. Thanks, media distortion.

I think it's kind of hard to understand something like that.... everyone I've talked to about it didn't sound so shocked or appalled. Most people just joked about it. No one seems to realize that people died.
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
04-17-2007, 11:45 PM,

Yeah, i have heard about it, kinda hard to miss when it's all over the news everywhere in the world.
I'm surprised it took so long for this topic to show up here.

I was shocked when i heard about it, i think there are at least 32 dead + a lot of injured people.
Akavir mod leader.
04-17-2007, 11:56 PM,

I couldnt believe it.......
One of these days we need to find a way to stop these shootings...
Quote:A_flyboy: p.s. teabagging banana! ==>:bananarock:<== oh no a michal jackson class noob!!!!!!
final reclaimer: woohoo MC teabag time
Quote:Arbiter
Hmm.... the Guar Chief speaks of epic en devour. Big Grin
04-18-2007, 12:03 AM,

a South Korean, lived in US for like 14 years, got two guns and killed 33 people
lived inthe same neighborhood as my cousin actually... in Centerville Virginia... I might've actually met him once :eek:

I hope this doesn't set off a hate crime thing...
after 9/11 two Indian men were killed cause they looked Middle Eastern... I hope they don't start targetting asian guys or I'm gonn ahave to kick some booty just to get by :| ... :lol:, but no, it really isn't that funny
04-18-2007, 12:16 AM,

I think you will be save KuKulzA Wink
Akavir mod leader.
04-18-2007, 12:18 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
I think you will be save KuKulzA Wink
yea, but it COULD happen.......
probably not though, most folks wouldn't murder a guy cause he has a similar ethnicity as a murder...
04-18-2007, 12:48 AM,

i would disagree....
Me, smart guy in the middle of hickville? it is like a level one in a pit full of pissed horkers & slauterfish.
just a crappy example
Quote:A_flyboy: p.s. teabagging banana! ==>:bananarock:<== oh no a michal jackson class noob!!!!!!
final reclaimer: woohoo MC teabag time
Quote:Arbiter
Hmm.... the Guar Chief speaks of epic en devour. Big Grin
04-18-2007, 02:58 AM,

Prehaps because it was a college people are taking it less seriously? Columbine, after all, was highschoolers. Age may have something to do with it. It was also so easy to demonize the columbine kids... just your average goth, trenchcoat wearing, depressed, neo-nazi crazy kids, who snap and shoot people... I'm not sure why this guy did it, or what exactly happened. Also, my friends and i are kind of insensitive regarding these things... anything's fair game for jokes, but on serious reflection we're asses

I personally didn't see it on the news, because i don't watch TV, so there is a certain disconnect for me. It is unfortunate though, how many people (i included) can hear about it, and not be horrified. There are just insane people in the world, and it's scary to think that many kids in MY school probably have access to guns. Some crazy kids in the world...
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-18-2007, 03:03 AM,

I found a picture of the Korean killer...
damn he looks VERY similar to one of my best friends... who is also korean...

they look so similar it aint funny at all... well a little Smile
04-18-2007, 08:26 AM,

I thought it was you kukulza... thought my writings did the trick...