Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heightmap
09-14-2007, 11:03 AM,

Well let's be carefull with placing it too much to the north, we don't want it to overlap with Nirns's northpole (I think it's called Atmora).
Besides, let's not forget it's a continent, so it would be big right? Sort of like Tamriel.
So like Tamriel, it would make sense if the land is located both north and south of the equator, otherwise it would be unusually tiny for a continent.
Akavir mod leader.
09-14-2007, 02:45 PM,

Thanks for correcting that Kodama.

Another possibility for Kamal's location would be an interior location that has a really high elevation. Sort of like the Himalayas. We don't know how big it is, but it would then make things easier to place the other regions around it.
09-14-2007, 03:22 PM,

An interior location in high mountains like the Himalayas does sound good, does'nt it?

I forgot to mention the goblin infested islands, they seem to be located just west of the Tsaesci coast, there should be reefs and sand bars aswell (i thought i have seen this in the lore somewhere in the Imperial Library, but i can't remember where exactly).
Akavir mod leader.
09-14-2007, 04:02 PM,

I don't recall what you speak of, but there are some islands bteween Tamriel and Akavir: From Disaster, courtesy of UESP

The Emperor's plans for the invasion of Akavir were laid in the 270s, when he began the conquest of the small island kingdoms that lie between Tamriel and Akavir.
Praise be Hermaeus, he who holds the candle to the light.

Head of Lit and Lore for Thras.
Head of Lore for Black Marsh.
09-14-2007, 04:11 PM,

No i'm not talking about the... (four islands was it?) between Akavir and Tamriel.
I remember something about the Tsaesci using the goblins as slaves, or for blood... whatever.

I guess i will have to check out the Imperial Library again, maybe it was in the pocket guide of the empire, or some other text that mentions Akavir Confusedhrug:
Akavir mod leader.
09-14-2007, 04:38 PM,

The Imperial library site seems to still be down. But I did find the reference in UESwiki. The islands are referred to in the report on the disaster at Ionith. I can't remember how many there are though offhand.

I miss that library. ?(
09-14-2007, 04:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
The Imperial library site seems to still be down. But I did find the reference in UESwiki. The islands are referred to in the report on the disaster at Ionith. I can't remember how many there are though offhand.

I miss that library. ?(

I wish the library was'nt down right now, bad timing.

And no, i will say it again, i'm not talking about the four (i'm still not sure how many there are) islands the Empire conquered on their way to Akavir Wink
We will not include those island in the heigthmap, because they are too far away from Akavir, and they are not part of Akavir.
I wonder if those islands are still a part of the Empire... i think they are.

:alert: EDIT: I have found the lore about the goblin islands, it's from Mysterious Akavir.

Tsaesci is "Snake Palace", once the strongest power in Akavir (before the Tiger-Dragon came). The serpent-folk ate all the Men of Akavir a long time ago, but still kind of look like them. They are tall, beautiful (if frightening), covered in golden scales, and immortal. They enslave the goblins of the surrounding isles, who provide labor and fresh blood. The holdings of Tsaesci are widespread. When natives of Tamriel think of the Akaviri they think of the Serpent-Folk, because one ruled the Cyrodilic Empire for four hundred years in the previous era. He was Potentate Versidue-Shaie, assassinated by the Morag Tong.
Akavir mod leader.
09-14-2007, 05:41 PM,

ok, an update given the asserted information. Plus borders clearly showing the kigndom locations.
[Image: akamap2.jpg]
Praise be Hermaeus, he who holds the candle to the light.

Head of Lit and Lore for Thras.
Head of Lore for Black Marsh.
09-14-2007, 05:53 PM,

Your map does look better that way.

You know, i have been thinking about this piece of the text: "the goblins of the SURROUNDING isles" ..... surrounding isles!? :eek: Would that imply that Tsaesci is an island that's surrounded by tiny goblin invested islands? ?(

Confusing huh? :confused:
Akavir mod leader.
09-14-2007, 06:44 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
Your map does look better that way.

You know, I have been thinking about this piece of the text: "the goblins of the SURROUNDING isles" ..... surrounding isles!? :eek: Would that imply that Tsaesci is an island that's surrounded by tiny goblin invested islands? ?(

Confusing huh? :confused:

That's an interesting idea. I'm not sure we can use two master files for two separate landscapes, but if the Tsaesci lands are separated from the rest of Akavir by water, that might be a plausible reason for doing it.

Or if its more like a peninsula with 3 sides and one part bordering Kamal. The other problem I see with two different landmasses is how to coordinate travel back and forth.