Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heightmap
09-14-2007, 08:01 PM,

Tsaesci could be a peninsula, or an island, or both, who knows?
We will have to figure this out.

I don't think travel will be a problem though, we will add ships/teleportation... whatever.
Akavir mod leader.
09-14-2007, 08:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
Your map does look better that way.

You know, I have been thinking about this piece of the text: "the goblins of the SURROUNDING isles" ..... surrounding isles!? :eek: Would that imply that Tsaesci is an island that's surrounded by tiny goblin invested islands? ?(

Confusing huh? :confused:

nah, doesn't seem like a problem to me, just semantics. that kind of talk got us all screwed about the Akaviri men [the bit about being 'eaten.']
Praise be Hermaeus, he who holds the candle to the light.

Head of Lit and Lore for Thras.
Head of Lore for Black Marsh.
09-14-2007, 09:04 PM,

Semantics huh?
I hope your're right about that, the lore can be so confusing sometimes.
Akavir mod leader.
09-15-2007, 06:31 PM,

I doubt very much that Tsaesci is just an island, as IIRC in the book 'On Akavir' it says something along the lines of: "The Ka'Po'Tun are now stronger than the Tsaesci, except at sea." So while the Tsaesci may have lost land, they have not lost as much land as they could have where it not for a navy - which implies that they rule a nation in which sea-travel is vital.

This implies that although sea-power was vital in the snake-tigerdragon war, it was not the deciding factor, and the Tsaesci must need ships more than the Ka'Po'Tun. Since the Tang Mo are not particularly 'educated' - they do not have any ambition to rule Akavir as the other races do, they can be put in the northwest without too much trouble. The Tsaesci are obviously in the south-west, and the Ka'Po'Tun should (IMO) be in the south-east as i)they have been at war with the tsaesci, and this would border them with the Tsaesci ii) it would explain why no Ka'Po'Tun have ever been (at least not in recorded history) to Tamriel.

So, heres my concept, updated with the Goblin isles.
[Image: akavirconceptuv4.jpg]
Writer, Ideas, Concept
09-15-2007, 07:05 PM,

Is alright, the Tsaesci doesn't quite follow the established lore, and why would the Snow Hell be at the same latitude as Tang Mo? I don't know why every one else who draws Akavir maps has the nations so square, and equal/defined.

09-15-2007, 07:12 PM,

Logically if you look at it the Ka'Po Tun side of the map ins't very smart.
If the Tsaesci have a superior navy, then they would overtake much of the Ka'Po Tun land through rivers.

I think the Tsaesci have a series of islands, that a navigable and defendable. But it should be large enough to show they are still a threat.
The wilderness area makes it too much like SI, and I think it would be to the outer rim of the Tang'Mo 's land. I think it should also be uninhabitable, and very difficult to manuever through. I'm thinking huge bamboo forests that are pratically mazes, and untold of monsters, and demons lurking in the swamps looking for unknowing adventurers. Oh, and a huge swamp in the center of the wild.
There should be hidden ruins, and caves throughout it all.
Just my ideas of course. Big Grin
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
09-15-2007, 08:27 PM,

The Archive.org do have TIL so.. well atleast the guide to Akavir.. don't know what other sources you need.. (can't seem to find all the pictures though..)
http://web.archive.org/web/2007050303330...ndex.shtml
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
09-15-2007, 09:31 PM,

Thanks for that info Krisi. I really appreciate all the information that is showing up here about what Akavir might or should look like. This will be very helpful when doing the new heightmap.
09-15-2007, 10:14 PM,

I found what I was looking for, supporting Kamal taking up most of Northern Akavir.

From Mysterious Akavir
Every summer they thaw out and invade Tang Mo

If it's cold enough for them to literally freeze in winter at their latitude, it'd be the same for the Tang Mo there.

09-15-2007, 10:21 PM,

That might also support a higher altitude region for Kamal. I still think we could do either or both with Kamal. I thought I had seen something somewhere about each of the other three regions having trouble with the snow demons. This was why I brought up the idea of being in the center with a really high elevation.