Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with CS
05-15-2007, 12:48 PM,

I mean in-game, not in the CS because I already know it's not possible.

So how do I generate LOD meshes? I've tried the region portion of the CS where it says Objects, and I generated the meshes that I added, but it still won't go in the distance.

If I'm doing something wrong or not at all, please help!!
"If you think Hell is bad enough now, just wait until I get there!"

~Lord Skorm~

05-15-2007, 07:26 PM,

ive never actualy done this, so bear with me. i think all you have to do is rightclick the ground and select "generate LOD here". but as i said, ive never tried it myself
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
05-15-2007, 08:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
I've never actualy done this, so bear with me. I think all you have to do is rightclick the ground and select "generate LOD here". but as I said, I've never tried it myself

That's for the textures, but water needs to be turned off first by pressing SHIFT-W.

LOD Mesh generation is done through the Heightmap Editor. (File -> Generate LOD -> Full) LOD Mesh generating also generates the normal maps of the landscape terrain textures.
05-17-2007, 12:34 PM,

I think I'm doing something wrong, or missing something because the distant land still won't appear. OMG!!!!! This is totally getting on my nerves.

Can someone explain the LOD meshes a little better because I think that is what I'm missing?

~Lord Skorm~

05-17-2007, 07:00 PM,

are you sure that they got generated and are in the right folders?
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
05-17-2007, 08:04 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lord Skorm
I think I'm doing something wrong, or missing something because the distant land still won't appear. OMG!!!!! This is totally getting on my nerves.

Can someone explain the LOD meshes a little better because I think that is what I'm missing?

Deactivate all mods except for the ones you had active while loading your
ESP (This would most likely mean all of them). Either that or use the Oblivion Mod Manager to put yours on top of the loading order. If you've generated your LOD landscape meshes, they will appear unless you're doing something wrong. Never test your own ESP with other mods active.

[Image: icon12.gif] Moved to General ES Modding [Image: icon12.gif]
05-18-2007, 12:45 PM,

I did load my ESP by itself (and the Oblivion.esm), then I opened the Height Editor, then I went to File: Generate LOD: Full. A pop-up came out saying "This may take a long time...." and I clicked "Yes".

Maybe it's because my land is more than 4 quads, but now that Lady Nerevar mentions the designated folders, I never went through that process. Nothing never mentioned anything about folders.

Well, do I have to generate the meshes in the region editor first, and then generate the LOD in the Height Editor? I think this is what I need to do, though I'm not sure.

~Lord Skorm~

05-18-2007, 01:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lord Skorm
Maybe it's because my land is more than 4 quads

In that case you need to generate for each set of four loaded quads on your landmass. The first set should still show up though, if it didn't, then the others won't show up either, so you should figure out why.
05-18-2007, 01:11 PM,

I did generate each set of quads, but I just generated the ones that had land on it. For example, I generated the first four default quads, then I selected the top left default quad so that the next set of quads could be selected, and etc.

And still nothing. But today's Friday and I have the whole weekend to work on it.

~Lord Skorm~

05-19-2007, 09:37 PM,

This is what I did this weekend. First I duplicated my worldspace, after it took like 15 minutes to duplicate, I placed a door in the center cell (0,0) to go and test the duplicate. Then I generated the LOD on the new worldspace, but only the four quads in the center, and I'm so excited :bananarock: :bananarock: because...... IT DIDN'T WORK!!!! ( A Little Sarcasm There ) Oh well. I think that it's the world space because after the LOD didn't work, I created a test worldspace and I generated that land, and it came out perfectly. What a bother!!

So I'm going to create a "storage" type of world space to save my cities in, and then I'm going to delete my junkie world spaces that don't work. I might just download a landmass template that is already done.

Just in case anyone is wondering, this worldspace that I'm deleting wasn't meant for Summerset, it was for a mod of personal use.

These are the mods that I'm currently working on. (Personal Use Only) Sorry!!

*Not Arranged by Priorities*

1) Edenia: A History Rewritten (This mod adds a new realm in the outer edges of the voids of Oblivion *not in lore*; this mod goes into a very detailed storyline; the Main Quest has about 40 quests, and also about another 40 in the new guild and "freelance" quests). ****This is the mod that I am the most enthusiastic about!!

2) Albion (the land in Fable for XBox and PC *with a dash of Oblivion for flavor Big Grin; Though it won't ever be released because it's illegal to create something that already has a copyright to it.)

3) The Summerset Isles

4) Coldharbour (I know that Thras is working on this, but I wanted to create Molag Bal's Realm because I have my own ideas for it, and it might be just a "tad" bigger than The Shivering Isles. Though I will download Thras once it is released, and my version of Coldharbour won't ever be released.)