Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helseth's guards/House Mora -discussion
03-08-2006, 02:45 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Vrenir
[edit] Wow, it's like you guys were reading my mind while I typed all this out!
yea, pretty much....
me and Ebonyknight have been known for psychic powers Confusedhrug:...
and sorry, I don't sign autographs

about the name.... I personally think it doesn't sound Dunmer enough....

Helseth's Royal Guards are a few hundred of hi closest friends and followers whom he has picked up throughout the years... to them he is a great benefactor... he takes them under his wing, bu they are also brutal warriors

I think that Helseth's Agents/assassins should go with the armor said above... they are like Helseth's own version of the Blades perhaps... elite shock troop sin battle but agents and assassins in peace-time or on the home-front...
I think the last of the Mora should be the trainers...

town shouldbe wealthy and such for sure... but have only Royal Guards and such, and the secret Royal Palace fo the Ra'athrim is on the isle, perhaps involved in secret Sithis cults and such of which helseth is also head priest?

your idea for the clue thing is good and should be furthur examined I feel
03-08-2006, 02:49 AM,

Helseth's Army

Royal Guard

Royal Guard - Enforce law legally

Brute - Take the means to enforce threw their own way for their king

Royal Shield Walls

Royal Guard - Carries shield is the defense of the army and helseth's holdings, ment to take damage

Royal Shadows

Agent - Orders to get information, about whatever the task is etc.

Assassin - Gets orders kills legally or illegally listens to the kings and the kings generals.

Archers - Man the walls and are a support group to help pick of the bulk of the opposite army.

And i Guess all the Generals could be the named Royal Guards in the Throne room?

Also does Helseth maybe have some Heirs now? And good old mom Barizearh maybe she moved to Tel maris
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-08-2006, 02:52 AM,

Who are the Ra'athrim? If you mean Helseth's palace on the island is secret, I would think not. He's rather showy. I'd imagine that his palace is out in the open but very well secured, and the place where the assassins were being trained or their armor kept would be hidden in the palace, perhaps in some lower level (though that's somewhat cliche).

About the name, I figured that it was not the original name of the settlement, but one given to it in recent times as sort of nod of the head to the Empire and their close ties with not only the Hlallu who own the town but also with Helseth who is pretty-well responsible for turning it into the place that it is. Sort of like Stonefalls is the Imperial name TR gave to Bal Falls; same place, Imperialized official name replaces traditional Dunmer name in areas favoring the Empire.
03-08-2006, 02:56 AM,

Ebonyknight:
I think it should be split into:
Royal Guards
- (normal)
- Shield
- Archer
- Brute
Helseth's Shadow
- agent
- assassin

and yes, i think his old mama should be put into a safe place like the island

Vrenir:
yeh, but the island itself is known only to a few... and that's what I mean by a secret palace, no tthat it is hidden, but the isle is not well known... and only top trusted nobles can live there... as well as his followers...
03-08-2006, 02:58 AM,

your its secret maybe the population is mostly hlaalu and mora not to secretive maybe only known to hlaalu and leftover mora?
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-08-2006, 02:58 AM,

I don't think that the royal family moved at all, Ebony. This has always been Helseth's property, but his main palace is in Mournhold, the capital. Tel Maris is like a traditional Summer home for him, and a place where he has more undisputed power without having to mess with the Temple or House Indoril or whoever else has clout in Mournhold/Almalexia.

Also, I'm not sure that we need to differentiate that many types of troops for him. Sure guards in the streets should have weaker weapons than those guarding the inner halls of the palace, but I think that they can wear the same armor (they're members of the same order, just different ranks I'd assume). Archers should probably have something matching the normal guards, but perhaps a little lighter wieght. The assassins, whatever we decide to call them, should of course have their own outfits with black and red (red being a subtle indication of Helseth since his guards also wear it). The rest I really think that we can drop as specific groups since they all would look the same I think and do roughly the same thing. It's not like we're developing anything more than the security force for one man and his holdings; he doesn't need more types of soldiers than a major House.
03-08-2006, 03:00 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
your its secret maybe the population is mostly hlaalu and mora not to secretive maybe only known to hlaalu and leftover mora?
yeah.... if you're there you know its Hlaalu, and Mora house-folk there... but that's only if you even know about it....

by the way... I think the brutes should be specially trained orcs or Nords that are trained to be brutal.... more like a force to be used if the Guards can't handle something... like a huge armed mob... then the Brute Officers are deployed to beat them down.... of course the Guards will be helping out.... but the Guards are especially for guarding, not massacring violent demonstrations....
03-08-2006, 03:01 AM,

If you want it to be a major port, how is it secret. I'd say make the town known and famous, but make it have secret areas, high security areas, make it a place that it's hard to move around in without special permission from the guy in charge. In other words, this is not an easy place to be sent on a spy or info-gathering mission, even though it's well-known and respected.
03-08-2006, 03:03 AM,

ye like in theif 2 the common areas have some guards Rich areas guards posted patrolling on roofs and shit. So ye have the commons and the nobles and then the palace. If they see you enter the palace courtyard prepare to use shadow or prepare to fight for your life
03-08-2006, 03:04 AM,

well, basically....
I want to people to have heard about it... "the royal Hlaalu island thing" ...but few know where it is but TOP Hlaalu guys and such.... plus, it is a large port... but not too many know of it....
I also plan for the hlaalu navy to be there too... a secret location for the secret navy....
and what about the island also being the secret training place of teh Hlaalu Legion?
that way, the Hlaalu are truly indebted to Helseth since he provides a secret place for the navy, training for the Hlaalu legion, and protection (if need be) for Hlaalu noble in need of a secret place to live well on... Confusedhrug: