Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helseth's guards/House Mora -discussion
03-08-2006, 03:08 AM,

Helseths navy with ships with the royal REd wolf painted on itBig GrinDD
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-08-2006, 03:12 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Helseths navy with ships with the royal REd wolf painted on itBig GrinDD
no its Hlaalu navy....
03-08-2006, 03:13 AM,

3 Helseth shipsSad
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-08-2006, 03:14 AM,

You're talking about a very big place if we want to headquarter the entire Hlallu military there. I'd think that most of that is in Narsis, including some naval stuff since it's on the biggest river on the map. I do like the idea that there is some sort of Hlallu naval covert thing going on here though. Perhaps that's what the pre-mod quest-line can be about: the PC being sent by the Blades to investigate suspicions that Helseth is strengthening the Hlallu without letting his Imperial allies know about the dealings.

I guess I don't understand how Tel Maris could be unknown in location. I mean, there could be very few people who have been there, but even if it were off-limits, people would need to know what area on the maps to avoid. It's like Hitler's bunker. How many people waltzed into it during WWII? Not many that got out alive I'd wager. How many knew that he probably had a secure place around Berlin? Probably almost everyone. How many could have said that it was in or around Berlin and that Hitler owned secure properties there? I'd also say that such a thing would be common knowledge. I mean it's hard to keep secure locations secret; people wander in, especially if it's a port. It's much easier to keep their contents a secret though.

[edit] Also, do you have a location for this city? I was thinking the mouth of the Narsis river, where TR put Old Ebonheart, but that again is a very prominent spot (good for a port, bad for a completely hidden location).
03-08-2006, 03:15 AM,

do you have a map of tel maris or something close to it?
03-08-2006, 03:18 AM,

I'm going to try and sketch out a few map/views of Tel Maris in the next few days as I am on break right now. (I first have to finish a starship blueprint for the Star Trek Frontiers fanfic - shameless plug) What gets said in this thread will be a big help in figuring out what to do on that map though.
03-08-2006, 03:18 AM,

ye it could have some hlaalu ships, but also a Few"few' Helseth ships so he can send his shocktroops to aid hlaalu when needed or to help secure his mines, plantations or whatever else he owns
03-08-2006, 03:24 AM,

Perhaps. He does want to appropriate things like Caldera under his own name rather than that of House Hlallu. However, I think that he is much more interested in... Wait! What if that's the whole answer to the investigation thing? What if the PC is sent to discover what kind of secret military dealings Helseth is making with the Hlallu under the Imperial radar, and it turns out that it's not the Hlallu military that he's bolsering; it's his own! The PC must fit together the visual clues that he sees, find out through various people and documents what exactly is going on, get a copy of some official registry of Helseth's force-expansion, and take it back to the Blades in Cyrodill (probably in some eastern town). In addition, the PC can spend time gawking at the beauty of Tel Maris and doing misc quests for people there, maybe even a couple for Helseth. Maybe we could bring in my earlier idea of masquerading as a Royal Guard for a mission or two.
03-08-2006, 03:27 AM,

Big Grin
03-08-2006, 03:30 AM,

you guys should look in the Helseth MQ discussion... and maybe copy and paste some stuff too