Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hist Resin Armour
09-26-2006, 04:40 PM,

A Template? Nah, just one of those things I guess. I used to draw alot of Anime, which might explain alot.
Mahta agea ry sou macil, ana maka na sinyamer.
09-26-2006, 09:25 PM,

That story in first post... is it neccesarly hist sap armor? It's aginst the religion to harm a hist tree to get it's resource. I don't think the argonians ever made hist armor. I think it was a dwemer design. Anyway, remember in MW when you wore an ordiantors armor? It was illegal and you would get stoped by guards. I think we should do the same thing for Hist Armor, but only in Cyrodil.
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-27-2006, 12:35 AM,

maybe some folks wear it, but are in danger of being killed by tribal argonians and angering "civilized" ones... and Shamans will try to kill you on sight...
but of course a good armor... but extremely rare... Confusedhrug:
09-27-2006, 02:05 AM,

The Khanhaten Liberation are a group of extremists, similar to Al-queda. Maybe they misuse Hist just like terrorists misuse their religion (jihad against innocent)
09-27-2006, 02:43 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by SwedishFish
The Khanhaten Liberation are a group of extremists, similar to Al-queda. Maybe they misuse Hist just like terrorists misuse their religion (jihad against innocent)
not quite Al-Queda... think Hezzbollah.... paramilitary, but more extremist
09-27-2006, 03:16 AM,

Could treat it like the dialogue concerning Stahlrim in Bloodmoon, in terms of how groups of people feel about the subject. In this case, it's dealing with Hist Sap applied to make armour.

Maybe somewhere along the way an Argonian noticed a Hist tree leaking sap (be it from natural or unnatural [violent] means) and noticed when glazed over an average leaf, it became hard and durable as leather. Putting one and one together, he used the sap to make armour.

Surely not all Argonians hold to this belief that Hist Sap is sacrilegious? The notion that all Argonians hold this belief is quite foolish, they may not be human in sense of physiology or psychology; but their still a culture with some symbolance of individualism... anything less would be boring IMHO.
09-27-2006, 03:21 AM,

I guess so, good point Kyoushu....
so perhaos a small group of Argonians, maybe all exiled from their tribes have decided to hide away and secretly practice their trade... they aren't hurting the Hist they are just taking sap residue and making resin armor... and they feel it is a gift from the Hist while majority feel it is a misuse of the Hists' gifts to the people of the root?
09-27-2006, 03:26 AM,

Aye, pretty much what I had in mind.

Another way around the subject, reminds me of an episode of SG-1, but that might look silly. Big Grin
09-27-2006, 04:23 PM,

Maybe the sap that's used is what the tree naturally extrudes over time, they wouldn't have to harm the tree to get the sap. This would also explain why the armor is rare.
09-28-2006, 12:57 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kyoushu

Surely not all Argonians hold to this belief that Hist Sap is sacrilegious? The notion that all Argonians hold this belief is quite foolish, they may not be human in sense of physiology or psychology; but their still a culture with some symbolance of individualism... anything less would be boring IMHO.
Yes, but the Hist is referred to as the "soul" of Argonians. Any argonians that believe in the Hist's spiritual importance may not approve of such use.