Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hist trees contraversy
06-09-2006, 01:30 AM,

Don't the Dunmer make Hist armor by destroying Hist trees or something to get at the sap? I thought it wasn't an Argonian thing, but I could be wrong, as I'm by no means and expert on Argonians.
06-10-2006, 02:53 AM,

Now that I think about it, yeah, hist armor may be sacrilegous to argonians. It would be like a catholic breaking stones out of the Sistine chapel to use for gravel....it's just wrong............................... :lmao:
06-10-2006, 03:24 AM,

Dunmer brave enough to go deep in the forest could make it. Could be made into a quest where you go deep in the dangerous marsh to find a hist tree. You would encounter the dangers of going deep into the Black Marsh, and also local argonians that wouldn'tlet you through.
06-13-2006, 01:29 AM,
woo
Mmmnmmm Hist Sap... I'm Tripin Balls Man!
Welcome to the thunder dome Bitch!
06-13-2006, 01:34 AM,

I demand sacreligous armour! Make guard KOS.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
06-26-2006, 12:27 AM,

We need to decide something. I've seen a Hist tree that was in a quest and to say the least- it was boring.
Should we take a more imaginative look on Hist or should we stick to Bethesda's boring Hist.
06-26-2006, 12:31 AM,

let's just say that the Host got terribly injured and mutated due to the fact it was tansported, slighty cu down and had machines put into it.... a normal Hist would be stranger, more glorious, and the Hist sap wouldn't do weird things to peoples...
06-26-2006, 11:22 PM,

Good idea...
09-26-2006, 09:11 PM,

Swedishfish had a wounderful hist tree concept that I modeled my tree after. I say we stick with that. As far as armor goes, Swedishfish beat me to it. Yes, the argonians hate hist armor, for it requires the logging of their sacred "souls". The Dwemer, not dunmer, were the ones to acually produce hist armor, from what I have read. The dwemer had a great trade and relations with the Argonians until they found that the hist tree could be used to their benifit. They began an expidetion to log the hists, but the argonians refused to let this happen. They surrounded the tree not letting the loggers past. Most of the loggers yeilded to the argonians cries, "To kill our flesh is nothing, but to kill our souls(trees) is to destroy us, once the hist has been chopped down, it will not return. The leader of this expedition cared not, and took up his great axe cutting down any whom blocked him from the tree, even children and women. After this onsluaght argonia went into a drought and many died. At last one hist tree, planted by an argonian child, that grew over night, was detected by the Dwemer. It was not long before a logger came to it seeking it's sacred sap for the powerful armor that could be made. He wen to chop it down, but every stroke he took the tree regenerated. The next day argonian villagers passed by where the tree had once stood. The dwemer was dead and no sign of the tree was left. After that the curse on Argonia had been lifted and life and water returned to the land. This is what I have read. I will sight my sources, but it should be fairly obvious where I read this.

Anyway, I am exspeically intrigued by this idea that the hist is the soul of Argonians. This is somthing that we shall devolp on. I am still awaiting a responce about Eye of Argonia to see if we can uncover any more lore. I hope some ex-devs that worked on the dead project will step foward for us.

As to the hist tree changing argonians, it is my understanding that it is more of a rite of passage then a physical transformation. I thought it was a sexual thing, seperating a woman from girl, boy from man. One account is when a young argonian girl went to lick the hist sap with a young and hansome argoian boy and was cuaght by her parents, who would give her more of a licking then she would ever want. Who knows what that means, but again, just what I read.
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-26-2006, 10:16 PM,

How about the Eye of Argonia is an ancient sap droplet of the very first hist and contains the secrets to all Argonia. Sounds like good lore to me. GW, a lot of this mod is our own interpretations of what little is given us. Black Marsh is very open to creativity because even Bethesda has not dared to explain it.