Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hist trees contraversy
09-27-2006, 04:30 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SwedishFish
How about the Eye of Argonia is an ancient sap droplet of the very first hist and contains the secrets to all Argonia. Sounds like good lore to me. GW, a lot of this mod is our own interpretations of what little is given us. Black Marsh is very open to creativity because even Bethesda has not dared to explain it.

What do we know about the Eye of Argonia?
09-27-2006, 07:22 PM,

Nothing is known about what the Eye of Argonia acually is. That is part of what I hope our friends over at Beth will assist us with. I realize this is open endded to us, but I really want a lore that will stick. I want to use as much information as we can get from offical bethesda, that way we will have a real forming hand for what Black Marsh will become. If Beth ever produces anything with the Black Marsh, I want it to seem strangly fimilar to the player. I want to have an impact on the lore of TES. See where I am coming from?
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-28-2006, 12:05 AM,

well, there is also that whole 'Eye of Argon' thing which is like a Beth-DEVs' joke...
so I dunno... if we make the Eye of Argonia part of this mod, we need to present it good, don't want to live the ridicule...

what if the Eye of Argonia is a jewel... a dried hist-sap amber that can open a lost city. But this city is no real city but figurative. it is a mytheopic labrynth of the old spirits, the Hist... and where they go after they die and the secret of why they don't reproduce
09-29-2006, 02:39 AM,

Maybe it's a person. The "Eye of Argonia" could be a title.
09-29-2006, 03:27 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Mr_NineBall
Maybe it's a person. The "Eye of Argonia" could be a title.
Kind of like Sauron. Nine, you might just be a genuis. Kind of a dual meaning. Maybe the stone is actually his eye or something. You're on to something.
09-29-2006, 04:57 AM,

I like the person idea, the jewel amber idea, and the alternate reality idea. We should combine all these thoughts perhaps. I wish Beth would just tell us what the hell it is so we couldn't screw it up, but I suppose it may be much better to make it ourselves. Anyway, this "artifact" or whatever should hold an equal importance as the Amulet of Kings. It was told to me that the reason Falinesti may have rooted was to hold the fabric of Tamriel in tact while White Gold Tower could no longer asist this need. The 5 or 8 towers, IDK for sure were the foundatoins of all space and time for Tamriel. The Valenwood has some major plans for the Falinesti tower concept. The thread of Tamriel hangs on only a few towers left now that Red Mountain(Tower of Morrowind) Has fallen. Maybe we could make this big, I mean REAL BIG! Maybe the Eye of Argonia, White Gold Tower, and Falinesti are the only things keeping Tamriel from tearing into nothingness and being engulfed by the endless void! It makes me wounder, what other towers are left? I know most have decayed to time.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-29-2006, 05:20 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Grey Wizard
I like the person idea, the jewel amber idea, and the alternate reality idea. We should combine all these thoughts perhaps. I wish Beth would just tell us what the hell it is so we couldn't screw it up, but I suppose it may be much better to make it ourselves. Anyway, this "artifact" or whatever should hold an equal importance as the Amulet of Kings. It was told to me that the reason Falinesti may have rooted was to hold the fabric of Tamriel in tact while White Gold Tower could no longer asist this need. The 5 or 8 towers, IDK for sure were the foundatoins of all space and time for Tamriel. The Valenwood has some major plans for the Falinesti tower concept. The thread of Tamriel hangs on only a few towers left now that Red Mountain(Tower of Morrowind) Has fallen. Maybe we could make this big, I mean REAL BIG! Maybe the Eye of Argonia, White Gold Tower, and Falinesti are the only things keeping Tamriel from tearing into nothingness and being engulfed by the endless void! It makes me wounder, what other towers are left? I know most have decayed to time.
Except Argonia doesn't have stone towers....it has the huge Hist, towers of nature. Maybe the eye could be similar to the amulet, not as kingship but as...uh...Hist-ship. Do you see what I am saying? Maybe the Eye and the Hist are the forces that hold the Black Marsh in balance and internal/external threats seek its power to produce life itself by taking/trying to destroy the eye.
09-30-2006, 11:36 PM,

Falinesti is a Giant Tree too! It's the tower of Valenwood, a symoblic tower, not litteral. The only tower of Tamriel that is acually a tower is White Gold Tower, the center tower, all the rest were landmarks. Red Mountain, Falinesti, Eye of Argoina(If we take that course), ext... See what I'm saying? It's poetry, not to be taken literally.

Edit: In more responce, I think you mentioned it, but totally, the Eye of Argonia is related to the greatest/tallest hist tree, as the Amulet of Kings is related to White Gold Tower. If the rightfull owner of the Eye loses it, then the fabric begins to tear. And things pass through holes. Maybe this leads past Oblivion, and into a deeper plane, one of the plance the hist trees have lived through before. I hope were on to somthing here. We may be writing history.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
10-01-2006, 12:55 AM,

What if the owner is the tree? It watches over all of Argonia, providing life to those who need it and if the eye is stolen, the world begins to die.
10-01-2006, 03:18 PM,

That is sounding good, but I think we've gotton too deep to continue an open discution about it. We should use my secret forums to discuss it. I'll PM you the URL, as well as KuKu, and whomever else you choose to be in devolopment. We don't want to just make the storyline right in front of everyone's eyes. I will copy and Paste this thread to my secret forums, and you should deleat this thread before sombody stumble upon it. What say you to that?

Edit: Ok, I have some remote forums set up. Chances are nobody will ever find them, and if they do it matters not for only staff can veiw anything. It's worth looking into.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors