Hlaalu plans on Vvardenfell - discussion
01-30-2006, 03:11 AM,

alright, I'll do that
01-30-2006, 03:15 AM,

thanks, i'll do the same :yes :goodjob:
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
01-30-2006, 05:44 AM,

Actually, that would be a great help to the updating of the website as well.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
02-01-2006, 02:41 AM,

what do you guys think of a Hlaalu legion...
a small number (realistically 2000?) of elite troops that serve as shocktroops that are the best of the best for the Hlaalu.... they are Dunmer soldiers that are trained by top military advisers and drillmasters from the Imperial Legion and war-veterans from the Dunmer warriors. They emulate Legionaire tactics... wear full steel armor...
they are the result of the hlaalu not wanting to be entirely dependent on mercenaries or Imperial support, the Hlaalu have their traditional warriors but the Hlaalu Legion will be an attempt to reform the army and create a corps. of very very skilled warriors.... 2000 expert fighters and loyal Hlaalu.... and of course many recruited from the best of existing warriors....

the warrior class won't go away, but with the Armun-an bonemold, they will form the guards and main-bulk of the Hlaalu part of the army... the rest will be mercenaries as usual....

so incase of the break-out of war, the Imperial Legion has devoted resources for the armnament and training of a relatively small special Legion....
kinda like how in history there have been special corps. in the military, elite troops.... like the Persian Immortals, or the Theban Sacred Band, or the Roman Urban Cohorts, of the Viet's Black Flag troops, or the Mamelukes, or Janissaries... etc.etc.
02-01-2006, 03:06 AM,

ha, thats funny considering what i just posted in the redoran thread Big Grin

but it's a good idea nonetheless :yes:
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
02-01-2006, 03:17 AM,

well I would think that most Houses right now would be trying to get ready...
Hlaalu by setting aside funds for the mobilization of Hlaalu warriors, training of the "Hlaalu Legion:, and the hiring of mercenaries
the Redoran by training their militias and warriors and also setting up more specialized forces...
the Telvanni have their allies betmer and Velothi
the Indoril and Dres.... they have large and good armies... but they probably would be too proud and so long removed from war to really make big changes.... their military IS good... the problem would be mobilization, finance, and lack of knowledge about the Vvardenfell terrain.... they'd have to depend on scouts and local guides...
02-02-2006, 03:02 AM,

"by the way... does anyone intend to be leader of modding House Hlaalu?
cause whoever is interested, please lets us know in the hlaalu plans thread...."
AS to this now that things are smoothing out I may be interested once i know more abotu waht is expected from a person in such a role. Um nad as I'm rading you mention the Hlaalu legion. Wasn't Hlaalu a light armor group in tehir firghting style? If so it may make more sense to use glass armor especially since the mine that i was gonna be adding in Odai was a glass mine. Just a couple thoughts on my mind. I shoudl be back mroe often from now at least every couple days I'll eb checking in so if you coudl let em knwo waht a leader woudl need to be doing I'll let you knwo if i can expect to be abelto fil taht role or not. Sry abotu all teh typos but its been a very stress full day lol. Take care all.
As the wind blows by the breeze takes me where it will and freely I go to spread peace on the wind.
02-02-2006, 03:23 AM,

well, yes, Hlaalu in general aren't a big heavy armored fighting force like the Imperial Legions... but the military leaders of the Hlaalu are probably impressed with the Imperial Legion...
I personally think that the Hlaalu would immitate the Legions...
btw, although (yes you got a glass mine) glass armor is very hard to make... if it was easier, there'd be more smuggling and crafting of it...
but that is my interpretation....

also, Daishi is a super pro-Hlaalu enthusiastic type... I think if you guys could work together on forming the Hlaalu... that would be great!

what is expected from this role? organization, commitment, consistency, quest-making, etc.
you will be a manager of that House... think of how they are, who they are, what they want... think of what they'd do...

NOTE: I did say "Daishi is a super pro-Hlaalu enthusiastic type" Wink
02-03-2006, 01:08 AM,

I lessthanthree Hlaalu. So, if it's okay, I could take over Hlaalu quests, and start writing them, if that's okay with everyone else.
Edit: The Immortals were beasts. Crazy awesome at killing.
02-03-2006, 01:09 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Daishi
I lessthanthree Hlaalu. So, if it's okay, I could take over Hlaalu quests, and start writing them, if that's okay with everyone else.
I don't know what "I lessthanthree Hlaalu" means.... but ok....
I guess you can make quests :yes:
...keep in mind your specific concept-claim was Hlaalo Keep