Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hm.. Thinking about joining you guys?
06-29-2005, 08:37 PM,

Personally, I'd like to create something from scratch, if you would like me to start on it.. I'd be willing to start right away, I'm thinking about actually releasing that mod as a small quest mod, so I think it would just be better for me to start from scratch, it would also make building the town easier for me.
You dance to remember, I dance to forget
06-29-2005, 08:53 PM,

I could help with interiors. By the looks of the number of buildings, you might need help, or you might go insane... like Quentin.
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
06-29-2005, 08:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Sunsetter
Personally, I'd like to create something from scratch, if you would like me to start on it.. I'd be willing to start right away, I'm thinking about actually releasing that mod as a small quest mod, so I think it would just be better for me to start from scratch, it would also make building the town easier for me.

Sounds great, and gets two [Image: icon16.gif] [Image: icon16.gif] from me. While something will happen tomorrow I don't think it will affect -27, -7 so I say feel free to start building there right now. Though hold off using anything from the Silgrad esp until we hear from Quentin tomorrow. Smile

Looking forward to seeing more of your work, as it develops!
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-03-2005, 10:13 PM,

Just wondering, when can I start to use the Silgrad .esp?
07-03-2005, 11:15 PM,

Just wondering, when can I start to use the Silgrad .esp?

Oops, sorry! It slipped my mind Smile

Please go ahead and use it at your leisure Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
07-04-2005, 09:00 PM,

Alright just a little confused here, what am I blocking off with inviso walls?
07-04-2005, 09:50 PM,

Alright just a little confused here, what am I blocking off with inviso walls?

Np Smile

If you check out the attachment I posted further up in this thread, do you see the cell I marked "-27, -7" ? This is where you have free reign. The player who'll experience your work in our plugin will most likely come from the north, through a revised stretching of the road that hugs the eastern border of "-27, -6". I.e. the only entrance to your cell is to the north.

As there is nothing to the west, south and east of -27, -7 access to those cells need to be closed off. So if you imagine a huge "U" placed over your cell, that's the area where the player has to roam about in, while the outline of the "U" are where the invisio-borders need to be.

Or, to say it perhaps more direct to the point: if you make sure the player can't stroll off the edge of the world, and can't see the surrounding void, that'd be excellent Smile

Feel free to post screenshots later on, I'm really interested in seeing your work develop. I'm sure you've thought of it yourself already, but you could pave the road in your cell with the new mesh you did, that'd be great I think Big Grin
Angel mired in filth
07-04-2005, 10:24 PM,

Yeah, I was thinking about that, but I'm afraid that'd be too formal for a village, it might be better for a town, but I'll throw them in.. All I've done is tested out some shapes of the area to place the town or whatever on.. Is there any constraint on how much land I add?

Also is 1.3.963 the latest version?

Edit:
Alright, so the roads didn't look too good..
07-05-2005, 12:10 AM,

Sunsetter: The texture for the road could be improved somewhat if you customized it for the mesh you did. For example if you calculate where the sidewalk ends and the vertical drop down to the gutter begins, you could paste a new texture inbetween and make it a bit darker? Might give a more three-dimensional impression. That's just an idea though.

Please don't add any land at all, just mold the existing landscape Smile
But you can basically do whatever you feel like doing in these three cells:
-28, -7
-27, -7
-26, -7

Release 1-4 is the newest one so please use that one as the base when you start working on your plugin. =) If you've already begun working, it won't affect things in your plugin if you replace the base 1.3.963 esp with the base 1-4 esp.
Angel mired in filth
07-05-2005, 12:19 AM,

??There is no land in -27, -7, how can I mold it? I'm getting really confused.