Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How smart should...
01-12-2006, 01:50 AM,
How smart should...
I was thinking... some life forms can be communicated to... and others cannot be... so I was wondering about that.....and...
There are some races that are characterized as either semi-intelligent, arguably intelligent, or just animal ....these are like:
Goblins
Kwama
dreugh
Guars
some Daedra
Nords*

---Goblins are definitely intelligent... maybe the average goblin isn't as bright as the normal educated man... or mer.... but goblins definitely have their cultures and their styles along with the fact that they are good at making things like weapons and traps and smelly piles of __, so they may not be very intellectual... but they can hunt, they can make complex warrens and snare animals... they are smart in the sense of survival.... like early man smart... not too far behind modern man
---Kwama... are they smart? I see them as overly large ants or termites.... sort of... but are they smart? they certainly look like they could be.... but are they intelligent enough to communicate with others? I dunno....
---Dreugh are definitely intelligent... they had a civilization for god's sakes... but they don't seem to be able to really talk to people.... or can they? it is hard to say.... they are certainly ferocious... and early concept are from Bethesda had them with tridents... which means they had to make it somehow.... so these Morrowind Dreugh had tridents... and since tridents aren't a Dunmer nor Dwemer weapon... they must have made them?
---Guars... hehe.... like Rollie... and Corky.... I like to believe they are smart... and very wise
---Some Daedra are said to have borderline intelligence, most scamps, Clannfears, and Ogrims, etc. who can talk simply speak gibberish....

*Nords: well so claim the Dunmer! Big Grin

so what are your thoughts on communicating with these creatures? I only included the kinds relavant to TES4: Vvardenfell as far as we know now...
01-12-2006, 03:34 AM,
RE: How smart should...
fjoirking kukluza making me write long posts X( but yeah here goes:

Goblins - sentient but primal, possesing of culture and language and craftsmenship, yet lacking in intelligence and refinement, i believe they can communicate with mer.

Kwama - semi-sentient, no language or visible method of communication, leading me to believe they posses a hive-mind-type singluar conciousness and unable to communicate with mer.

Dreugh - again, sentient, but primal, an acient race that i believe has lost much of its luster, and however while they have delved into barbarity they still retain their language and bits of thier age-old culture, they could communciate with mer if the language barriar could be crossed.

Guars - semi-sentient, basically i would liken them to dogs intellignace and behavior wise.

Soem daedra, i'll get back to you...
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
01-12-2006, 04:20 AM,

like what I was thinking....

but wouldn't it be cool if Kwama all had brains... but the queen would go around every now and then and spread phermones to suppress the agrression of the Kwama... that way they will be more likely to work together... a new queen rises up when the old dies or when 1 or more outsmarts the phermones... and either leaves or kills the previous queen?
maybe kwama originated as predatory insectoids that developed hive-like mentality after competition with reptilian group emerging... like the Guar, the Kagouti, and the Alit...
01-12-2006, 02:00 PM,

i have to admit that would be pretty crazy, but methinks thats straying just a tad far from lore, if the creatures had time to evolve a bit it'd be alright, but as is, i don't think so

01-12-2006, 09:39 PM,

Hope that Guars respond to a whistle. Big Grin
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
01-12-2006, 10:45 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by batman
i have to admit that would be pretty crazy, but methinks thats straying just a tad far from lore, if the creatures had time to evolve a bit it'd be alright, but as is, i don't think so
well its not too far from lore... I mean even in our world, naked mole rats do the same...
also, Morrowind is an ancient land.... the creatures there are very old, many of them are living fossils.... especially the insects and crustaceans... so they'd have a long to time evolve.... like Nix-hounds evolving to live on land....

BTW nix-hounds and Dreugh hate eacother, from what I saw on TIL
01-13-2006, 03:45 AM,

i guess i was just reading into what you were saying to much, attaching too much intelligence and design to each thing you were describing

01-13-2006, 03:47 AM,

...although some Daedra are evidently stupid... among the stupid Daedra there are some that do alright.... like Lustidrike and Creeper are both scamps but are quite smart... and the Atronachs in Mt. Assarnibibi or w/e in Molag Amur... they can talk....
01-13-2006, 03:54 AM,

yeah, some daedra are sentient and thus possesing both intelligence and design, however i was refering to the kwama Big Grin

01-13-2006, 03:54 AM,

:yes: I know... I was just rambling on about Daedra instead... wasn't paying attention... thought Kwama was done... Smile?