Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[In Work] Karthor Dale, Karthor Keep
08-12-2008, 06:12 PM,

Yes you are correct

These are all re-textured Morrowind Nifs ie: in_impsmall_r_3way_01 etc. etc.

Thanks for the update

I'm looking forward to your resolve as I have had this happen in the past, not often but rarely and could not figure it out I wound up redoing it all

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
08-12-2008, 06:53 PM,

Hehe ... this is going to be a funny one. :bounce:

The main problem with fixing is that not all of the new textures have a naming according to the original MW-texture.
Tx_imp_block_01.tga and Cshan_block1.dds are easy ones to align, but there are others that make me wonder where they originated ... nevermind - Quentin Holmes has declared that the game's afoot. Wink

A bigger problem is that two textures are definitely missing:

cshan_tower3.dds
cshan_stripmed.dds

Since they're used in almost every mesh, it would be good, if you could send them to me or upload them.

And - before - I forget: those are extremely nice textures; very well done.

So much for now from the texture front

Greetings,

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
08-12-2008, 08:48 PM,

These meshes seem familiar. Isn't this Shannon's imperial replacer? The textures are probably here, Quentin. In fact, if this mod works, it should solve my problem either way.

EDIT: Nope, that didn't fix it. Well, anyhow, it looks you've figured it out Quentin.
08-13-2008, 12:03 AM,

I actually do not remember where I got those from, I wrote it down somewhere hmmmmmm

anyway here are the missing ones

So what were thinking is that the nameing is incorrect, that doesn't seem like it should be an issue I will try one with renamed textures according to the model and send it

EDIT No sending necessary I could tell when I packaged it that renaming did not work, this is strange

let me know if it works

brb..........................

Enjoy
Bob

08-13-2008, 07:09 AM,

Thanks for link, files and the updates on your updates, it has all been very helpful. =)

It seems to be one of nature's laws that in most of these cases the simple solutions never work. As usual. Wink

I'll keep you updated of my efforts.

Greetings,

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
08-14-2008, 06:10 AM,

Just to let you know before I go: I got it ... at least I think I did. Wink

I was able to test it with one piece and that worked like a charm. What I found though was that there is another texture missing

cshan_tower3.dds

If you got it and can send it - that would be too good; if not - don't worry, it can easily be replaced with one of the existing ones.

See you on Sunday, have a good time and take care.

Greetings

Quentin

P.S.: just take a look at it. Big Grin
08-14-2008, 08:58 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune

cshan_tower3.dds

Super ..... so the naming is not the issue, thats good then I certainly do not want to re-name everything

Are we sure its tower3, cause I sent that but here it is again also with tower1 and tower2...just in case

Enjoy your holiday

Enjoy
Bob

08-17-2008, 09:39 AM,

Howdy Bob,

you were right, of course - it was tower1 that was also missing. Wink Thanks a lot for the package.

On the other hand ... you were wrong. It was a naming issue, but I fixed that already. Once I'm completely back again (I had a great time with a big capital G and the pictures and impressions are still flooding my mind) I'll put all the stuff together and upload it here.

Greetings,

Quentin
08-17-2008, 09:44 AM,

Re_Howdy to you Quentin

Glad you enjoyed your holiday, look forward to those pic's

Ok so it is all in a name, what exactly was incorrect about them ? (curious george)

Do you need the tower1 or do you have it all ?

Thrilled

Enjoy
Diet Dr. Bob
(Not less than 100 calories)

08-17-2008, 07:49 PM,

And a howdy again,

here we go: textures renamed, meshes reworked, white textures gone. Big Grin

I put the meshes in the folder

Data Files\Meshes\I

and the textures simply in the folder

Data Files\Textures

I think the main problem was that the new textures when I watched them in NifText contained the complete pathname (e.g.: C:\xxx\yyy\zzz\qqq\Morrowind\Data Files and so on and so on) and this can become extremely tricky and complicated. Another problem - at least it seemd so - was that some textures of the original mesh were replaced with a single new one; basically possible, but also a possible showstopper. I relied on my usual method by keeping the new filename of texture as close to the original one and with the same length to avoid those possibilities and as you can see in the screenshots - it worked (at least for me. Wink

Have fun with the stuff.

Greetings,

Quentin

P.S.: *sigh* only 1.000 Kb allowed for attachments and the package has a size of 1.500 Kb ... please use the linkie. Wink

Karthor Keep revised