Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[In Work] Karthor Dale, Karthor Keep
08-18-2008, 01:06 AM,

I am so confused, I had a feeling it had something to do with Filepaths but I can never fiqure out which is right or wrong, it seems that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

I'll be more careful

I appreciate the work invested and the nice results also the lesson learned, though I kinda knew that lesson allready, just didn't learn it
well.

PLease elaborate if you would about this "single new one" you mentioned as being a possible showstopper.... I don't understand that

Thanks Much

Enjoy
Dr. Bob Light
(Same Great Taste, Same High Calories just less quantity at the same price)
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
08-18-2008, 11:32 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
I am so confused, I had a feeling it had something to do with Filepaths but I can never fiqure out which is right or wrong, it seems that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

It might be that this is dependant on the tool you use for re-texturing. I'm using NifText, which on the one hand only shows the name of the texture file and on the other hand makes it mandatory that the new filename has the exact same length as the old filename. There are other tools though that don't have that restriction, so maybe shannon (if she did those) used one of those.

In Screenie one NifText tells you that the first new name is okay, the second too long and the third too short ... it also shows you one of the drawbacks with that nice image load error on the right side, but it works, nevertheless. Wink

And as far as I remember the filepath is not necessary at all for MW "knows" where to look for the textures, so adding one is adding possible mayhem.

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
PLease elaborate if you would about this "single new one" you mentioned as being a possible showstopper.... I don't understand that

As you can see in Screenie one we have 15 different textures for this mesh. In Screenie two I loaded the modified mesh with the cshan-textures (left) and held it against the original one (right). In the new mesh we only have 9 different textures since - among e.g. five textures (topfront, topside, botfront and botside and colthin) have all been replaced with one new texture (cshan_colthin1.dds) and three others (midfront, midside, foursquares) with one other (cshan_block2.dds).

(BTW: now that I'm writing this, I'm quite sure that there has been another tool used for the re-texturing, for NifText would have complained that the filenames are not of the same length)

What I meant with the "showstopper" is that, although it is of course possible to say 'I don't need that many textures, they look almost all the same anyway, so I make only one new texture', I - personally - find it very hard for further use to keep track which of my textures did I use to replace which of the original ones and it makes - in my eyes - eliminating errors much more difficult. So maybe this is just me, but I think others appreciate it as well to recognize easily which textures have been modified.

This got longer than I expected, but I hope it helps. Big Grin

Greetings,

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
10-04-2008, 07:07 AM,

Howdy,

two short questions:

1. in the description it says four levels for the towers, but I can only see three in the interior. Is the fourth level (Guard Outpost) to be supposed on top of the tower or should I add another level? (I rather don't, it's enough to fill already Wink )

2. aren't the Duchess' Quarters a bit small for someone of royalty? (I just wanted to widen the corner, but had to learn the hard way that the staircase needs to be hidden) I have to admit though that I have no idea for how to change it.

Greetings,

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
10-04-2008, 02:36 PM,

And Howdy back at ya

1) yes it does, the level 1 would be underground, but I was looking at the interior as it is now and tryinf to remember the original layout and they are different so I support anything you want to do with it 3 or 4 is fine

2) Yes the Duchess Quarters are small, it really should just be her Bed Chambers... Again we can work this however you like

Enjoy
Bob

10-04-2008, 03:28 PM,

Okay, thanks a lot for clearing this up.

I'll see what fits with the interiors and post an update - hopefully Wink - soon.

Greetings,

Quentin
10-07-2008, 07:07 PM,

I had to do this, hadn't I? Wink No chance to walk away, was there? Big Grin

No, really just kidding, but I know now why I always kept away from keeps and castles so far. Nevertheless it is fun in its own way and once I got a feeling for it, I knew how to go on.

I started with the hallways and this is just for having a first look in the CS and for a first run of comments / criticisms / Ah!s and Oh!s / Boo!s and Blargh!s. (Don't worry about the moved towers, but I needed a bit of space to work ... they'll be either moved to their original spots or made interiors of their own, whatever is better in the end)

I put more lights in the hallways around the Duchess' Chambers and the Main Hall and kept the rest a bit darker, since I thought that makes sense - somehow. Wink

And if there is any information about the Keep, the Duchess or anything, please tell since it's always easier for me to give the interiors a more personal touch when I have some kind of background story.

Greetings,

Quentin
10-07-2008, 07:34 PM,

Sounds like Yoda Big Grin

It looks fine so far

The Duchess is a good friend of Vagara (the governor of Veranis Hall)
she spends most of her time at home in Aleswell

Her name is Apronia Popillius, she was born into nobility and raised in the highest traditions of an Imperial Noble. Her late husband Processus Popillius left his entire estate and the title to her, no children
She is a member of the Order of Mara and is protected by her 2 Maran Knights.
She visits Karthor Dale several times a year, on this particular visit she is helping Governor Vagara make birthday plans for his wife (thats the quest idea) Governor's Mistress/Duchess Lover
if we can do it Sad

dats bout it

Enjoy
Bob

10-07-2008, 08:09 PM,

Perfetto and muchas gracias for the story (that quest it is ... great idea and we will do it) Big Grin

Back to fun, then.

Greetings,

Quentin

EDIT: and before I forget ... I don't think I have the armour for the Maran Knights - where can I get it? Linkie, please. Big Grin

Q.
10-07-2008, 09:46 PM,

gracias por esos trabajos buenos, aquĆ­ es el acoplamiento

This is the Maran Knights

Unfortunately its not just the armour...... if you'd prefer I can just add the NPC's when your completed with the interior, just add a marker like you did with the zombie skelly's

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/Vi...il&id=2273

Enjoy
Bob

10-07-2008, 10:40 PM,

This is where my Spanish ends ... de nada ... which - hopefully - is a appropriate response ... Big Grin

I downloaded the file and see where it gets me to. Most probably I'll come back to your offer and set in some placeholder (on the other hand I'm more than curious to see how the armour looks ... and thinking of it - it's quite strange that I gave the Duchess a red outfit even before I learned of her connection to the Order of Mara ... sometimes I'm psychic it seems ... or was it psycho? Wink )

Greetings,

Quentin