Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indoril Embassy finally underway
10-07-2008, 06:24 PM,

I haven't gotten any further work done on the tileset since I posted this thread. I think Silgrad Tower will only use it for the Indoril Embassy building in Soluthis, or at least I haven't heard of anyone wanting to use it elsewhere in our mod. So, I'm treating it like a pet project and won't spend as much time on it. But I will probably finish the tileset and mod the embassy after I have completed modding of the Temple compound in Soluthis. Smile

BusterWolF: Thanks for volounteering! Yes, we could certainly use Indoril furniture Smile

The only issue is that you would probably have to come up with the design of that furniture on your own, because Bethesda didn't make any Indoril furniture that we could use as reference. The only thing that comes to my mind that you could concievably draw upon is the Indoril streetlight, which I recreated a long time ago. Then again the buildings could be a form of reference too, and going by those House Indoril uses tapered cubes and arches as design elements. So an Indoril chair could have a tapered cube body with arches as back support - though that's just one of a vast number of ways the design elements could be combined. We could use a chair, a bench, a table and a bed. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-09-2008, 09:05 AM,

What do you think, this is an early design and a sketch of my idea of an indoril chair. Its hard with no refernce because im trying to keep it as natural as possible.
Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
-End Quote- Savage Garden
BusterWolF
10-09-2008, 10:51 AM,

Razorwing: I agree with Lady N about the textures. The copper colour accents definitely suited it better. It might be worth seeing if a tweak to the textures might achieve the effect.

BusterWolF: While I quite like your design, and think that it implies the sort of opulence that might be present in an embassy, it doesn't strike me as being particularly Indoril.

I've attached a quick sketch of what I picture an Indoril chair to look like. Admittedly, I just refenced the door and the pillars, but I quite like how it turned out.
10-09-2008, 10:53 AM,

ok, sure, really to be honest i didn't know what to do. thats a good direction. thanks. Smile
Maybe it's intuition
Like in your eyes
And there it goes
BusterWolF
03-02-2009, 10:55 PM,

This is another thread that got away from me during my long offline period last fall.
I'm sorry for that... but I'm here now =)

Thanks for your concept art BusterWolf, though I share nick_op's opinion that it does look good - just not Indoril. If you would like to develop your design some more I would love to model it for another use than Indoril interiors Smile

Thankyou for your concept art nick_op, I really liked it! Both original and distinctly Indoril at the same time. I've created the chair now, and I hope you guys like it.

[Image: th_indoril_chair_1.jpg] [Image: th_indoril_chair_2.jpg] [Image: th_indoril_chair_3.jpg] [Image: th_indoril_chair_4.jpg]
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
03-02-2009, 11:31 PM,

Very nice work Razorwing on both the chair and tileset regardless of textures.
03-03-2009, 12:18 AM,

:yes: Nice!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-03-2009, 06:49 AM,

wow. good work. i remember finishing the chair on top and textured, it can be used for other things i guess.

well yeah, continue it and it should be a lavishly thriving place to be in.
Maybe it's intuition
Like in your eyes
And there it goes
BusterWolF
03-03-2009, 11:28 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Thankyou for your concept art nick_op, I really liked it! Both original and distinctly Indoril at the same time. I've created the chair now, and I hope you guys like it.

[Image: th_indoril_chair_4.jpg]
Nice work!

I'm glad to see the horrible perspective in my sketch didn't put you off completely. Wink

[/hr]
On a completely different note, is the floor in those screenshots parallaxed? That's just my guess because of the texture stretching on the edges of the stones.

I've recently discoverd a cool technique that can create a faux 3d effect at a very low cost. Using a brick wall as an example this is how you'd go about doing it:

1. Create a stack of planes each very slightly apart from each other.
2. On the bottom one apply a base texture (e.g. for a brick wall you'd apply a mortar texture to the whole plane).
3. On the other planes apply a brick texture with the mortar gaps alpha'd out.

I'm just mentioning this as it might be a better alternative to the parallax effect on the floor.

Just a thought,
Nick
03-03-2009, 12:43 PM,

Zurke, Ibsen's Ghost: Thanks, I'm glad you guys like it!

BusterWolf: Thanks. You modelled the chair in your concept art? Great! If I may, I would very much like a copy of it.

nick_op: Thanks! I didn't notice there was something wrong with the perspective? It might not have been a perfect isometric view, but I didn't have any trouble picturing the chair from your concept art in my mind as I modelled it.

They are indeed parallaxed. A fellow named Ghogiel who used to be active here created both the color and parallax texture for our Hlaalu floors. I think they look quite nice and although your technique sounds very interesting I can't commit to reworking the Hlaalu tileset as extensively as implementing your technique would require. =)
Angel mired in filth