Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introductions/Welcomes
03-07-2007, 07:15 AM,
Hehe ...
Thank you, very nice to meet you. :bow: :tongue:

Maybe when I finish the kimono I will try a few books for the game. I have problems writing short stories, though. Most of my stuff is loooong. I get too involved with characters and too complicated with plots to write short things. But I would enjoy that, I think. Is anyone putting things like folk tales or ghost stories in? Maybe I could do short works that way.
Design Assistant

(Check here for updates. Individual images change often.) My Oblivion Screenshots Collection
03-07-2007, 08:01 AM,
RE: Hehe ...
LOL I toodidn't make any introductions lol, so...
I am a musician, percussionist, it's my last year of Uni. I perform jazz, compose quite wide array of genres. Projects that I've got myself involved in are: Void ( Smile ), Akavir ( Tongue ), Silent Hill Phantom mod for UT2007, Infinity: Quest for Earth (just contributions), and a commercial game. Smile
That's it. Smile
And hello Kielanai and Toshiro. Tongue
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
03-07-2007, 05:01 PM,

Welcome mirrored Big Grin

Kielanai, no one has worked on ghost stories or folk tales, so you can work on them if you want to.
And you can make them as loooong as you want them to be Wink
Akavir mod leader.
03-07-2007, 08:21 PM,

I have no idea how long its actually going to take us to get this mod up and running.

Keilanai, I agree with Kodama, make your works as long as you like them. Until we get to the point where we can start putting stuff in game, we can feature works on the web site, once I have something up and running. I intend to have a section for Akaviri myth, lore and literature.

If your works are too long to fit in one book, we can do it in volumes. We could even do a side quest where the reward is to get each volumr of a story in turn with an enchanted/enchantable kimono at the end of it.
03-07-2007, 08:58 PM,

The volumes with rewards sound like a good idea Ysne :goodjob:
People will actually read the books if they can find treasure that way Smile

This mod will take a long time to finish, but we might have interiors soon, so modders with CS skills can get to work with them.
Akavir mod leader.
03-10-2007, 07:29 AM,
Yeah, the books need benefits.
Books are supposed to make a person smarter or give them information, not just take up space (although I realize too easily gained rewards aren't good either). But, I like the idea of rewards for reading. Big Grin

And I write novel-length stuff -- no lie -- REALLY long. Tongue Chapters range 7-15 pages, depending on the story and the chapter events, and chapters average 20-30. In fact, I'm writing a fanfiction right now that involves Kielanai's quest to Akavir. ^_^ But it's actually a cross-over fanfiction with Forgotten Realms and Morrowind, so it's not purist. However, parts of it I might be able to twist into some small fictions for a volume set. Hmmm, ... I will have to give longer works some thought.

For folk tales, I was thinking retelling animal tales, or transferring a tale about a haunted place in Tokyo, ... or maybe turning some real memories into fiction. I love doing that. Wink Resources for inspiration are everywhere.

Edit: Mirrored, is the Void project like another, separate Akavir mod or did it combine with this one? I just took a look at the link because I have been scavenging for free game music lately. Tongue
Design Assistant

(Check here for updates. Individual images change often.) My Oblivion Screenshots Collection
03-10-2007, 07:50 AM,
RE: Yeah, the books need benefits.
Quote:Originally posted by Kielanai
Edit: Mirrored, is the Void project like another, separate Akavir mod or did it combine with this one? I just took a look at the link because I have been scavenging for free game music lately. Tongue
Void is totally independent mod, we just sharing those 3dchaya textured models between our teams. Smile
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
03-10-2007, 02:09 PM,

Your thoughts on altering folk tales and such is also a good one Keilanai.
03-12-2007, 01:26 PM,
Ah, sou. ^_^
Thank you for sharing, then. ^_^ Those are great models!

And I will see what I can come up with on folk tales once the clothing is completely done. I have a few in mind that I think would be good to share, so I will ask more questions about how to blend lore when I'm ready to write. ^_^
Design Assistant